Should Halo 6 have COD Blops 3's customisation?

The level of customisation in Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is actually pretty good. Even better than Halo 5’s in my opinion (which kinda upsets me)
So should Halo 6 have that level of customisation? Or stick to the one we currently have

halo reach or halo 4 customization would be much much better

I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
Doom however have some really good customization.

-Helmet
-Torso and legs
-Left Arm
-Right arm

-Individual patterns appliable for each part
-Individual colors for patterns

-How worn an armor and color is
-How dirty the armor is

-Matte, Glossy and Metallic colors

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

Customization***

[deleted]

> 2533274795123910;3:
> I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
> Doom however have some really good customization.

Ah, I forgot about that… Yeah Doom’s customisation is also pretty good. I believe Halo 5’s customisation should’ve been like Doom’s in the first place.

i would prefer reach’s

I don´t like BO3 customization, I feel like it has poor designs, including their useless emoticons or wherever they call them. I totally prefer halo 5 customization, and I understand why halo 5 customization is limited, it would be very difficult to include the REQs for every single piece of armor and very frustrating to try to unlock a complete armor.

> 2533274795123910;3:
> I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
> Doom however have some really good customization.
>
> -Helmet
> -Torso and legs
> -Left Arm
> -Right arm
>
> -Individual patterns appliable for each part
> -Individual colors for patterns
>
> -How worn an armor and color is
> -How dirty the armor is
>
> -Matte, Glossy and Metallic colors

BO3 has decent customization when it comes to character. The weapon customization is unbeatable in my opinion. You can unlock different categories camo’s for each weapon. These categories include Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies, and Black Market (similar to REQ system). The cool part about this system is that each category offers challenges to complete in that game type in order to unlock the specific camo. The character customization is just okay IMO. You can choose one of like 9 or so specialists that each come with their own versions of the same outfits. You just complete kill challenges to unlock these outfits, as well as more that can be unlocked via the black market.

I’m just not quite sure this style of a system belongs in Halo. DOOM’s customization is pretty awesome too, I think you can definitely implement this type of customization in Halo.

Why can’t 6 have its own way of customization instead of copying from others?

> 2533274797328974;9:
> > 2533274795123910;3:
> > I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
> > Doom however have some really good customization.
> >
> > -Helmet
> > -Torso and legs
> > -Left Arm
> > -Right arm
> >
> > -Individual patterns appliable for each part
> > -Individual colors for patterns
> >
> > -How worn an armor and color is
> > -How dirty the armor is
> >
> > -Matte, Glossy and Metallic colors
>
>
> BO3 has decent customization when it comes to character. The weapon customization is unbeatable in my opinion. You can unlock different categories camo’s for each weapon. These categories include Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies, and Black Market (similar to REQ system). The cool part about this system is that each category offers challenges to complete in that game type in order to unlock the specific camo. The character customization is just okay IMO. You can choose one of like 9 or so specialists that each come with their own versions of the same outfits. You just complete kill challenges to unlock these outfits, as well as more that can be unlocked via the black market.
>
> I’m just not quite sure this style of a system belongs in Halo.

I feel like BO3 lost something special, camos doesn´t mean something anymore, now are a random prize in a supply drop, and they can drop the same customization piece although you buy them. In previous COD games they meant something, that you unlocked a special challenge. What I love of Req packs, you can never get the same camo, once you unlocked it, you unlocked it. I hope 343 never do what other games are doing.

> 2533274922466569;11:
> > 2533274797328974;9:
> > > 2533274795123910;3:
> > > I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
> > > Doom however have some really good customization.
> > >
> > > -Helmet
> > > -Torso and legs
> > > -Left Arm
> > > -Right arm
> > >
> > > -Individual patterns appliable for each part
> > > -Individual colors for patterns
> > >
> > > -How worn an armor and color is
> > > -How dirty the armor is
> > >
> > > -Matte, Glossy and Metallic colors
> >
> >
> > BO3 has decent customization when it comes to character. The weapon customization is unbeatable in my opinion. You can unlock different categories camo’s for each weapon. These categories include Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies, and Black Market (similar to REQ system). The cool part about this system is that each category offers challenges to complete in that game type in order to unlock the specific camo. The character customization is just okay IMO. You can choose one of like 9 or so specialists that each come with their own versions of the same outfits. You just complete kill challenges to unlock these outfits, as well as more that can be unlocked via the black market.
> >
> > I’m just not quite sure this style of a system belongs in Halo.
>
>
> I feel like BO3 lost something special, camos doesn´t mean something anymore, now are a random prize in a supply drop, and they can drop the same customization piece although you buy them. In previous COD games they meant something, that you unlocked a special challenge. What I love of Req packs, you can never get the same camo, once you unlocked it, you unlocked it. I hope 343 never do what other games are doing.

That is only half true. Yes, there are weapon camos that you can only get through the Black Market… but these are not very special to put it in your words… There are also plenty of camos that require you to get a certain number of kills or a certain number of headshots or long shots and plenty of other challenges. I do agree with the point about REQ packs… I don’t like the fact that you can get duplicates in the Black Market.

> 2533274797328974;12:
> > 2533274922466569;11:
> > > 2533274797328974;9:
> > > > 2533274795123910;3:
> > > > I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
> > > > Doom however have some really good customization.
> > > >
> > > > -Helmet
> > > > -Torso and legs
> > > > -Left Arm
> > > > -Right arm
> > > >
> > > > -Individual patterns appliable for each part
> > > > -Individual colors for patterns
> > > >
> > > > -How worn an armor and color is
> > > > -How dirty the armor is
> > > >
> > > > -Matte, Glossy and Metallic colors
> > >
> > >
> > > BO3 has decent customization when it comes to character. The weapon customization is unbeatable in my opinion. You can unlock different categories camo’s for each weapon. These categories include Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies, and Black Market (similar to REQ system). The cool part about this system is that each category offers challenges to complete in that game type in order to unlock the specific camo. The character customization is just okay IMO. You can choose one of like 9 or so specialists that each come with their own versions of the same outfits. You just complete kill challenges to unlock these outfits, as well as more that can be unlocked via the black market.
> > >
> > > I’m just not quite sure this style of a system belongs in Halo.
> >
> >
> > I feel like BO3 lost something special, camos doesn´t mean something anymore, now are a random prize in a supply drop, and they can drop the same customization piece although you buy them. In previous COD games they meant something, that you unlocked a special challenge. What I love of Req packs, you can never get the same camo, once you unlocked it, you unlocked it. I hope 343 never do what other games are doing.
>
>
> That is only half true. Yes, there are weapon camos that you can only get through the Black Market… but these are not very special to put it in your words… There are also plenty of camos that require you to get a certain number of kills or a certain number of headshots or long shots and plenty of other challenges. I do agree with the point about REQ packs… I don’t like the fact that you can get duplicates in the Black Market.

I know, but there are so many camos that those you unlock by challenges no longer look special.

BLOP’s customization for characters or weapons? If for characters, why not Advanced Warfare instead? That game had a ton more customizations that weren’t operator based

But as the others are saying: Doom’s customizations trump all in terms of depth.

What I’d have as a minimum for H6 armor customization. Unlock whole armor sets and helmets with one card.

Head, Torso, Arms, Legs.

Armor primary, secondary. Visor Primary (inner), Secondary (Outer Edges), Undersuit Primary, Undersuit Secondary.

No unchangeable white or blue lines on armor. Secondary and Primary colors match on every armor set and are of a consistent brightness. Darker ‘pepper’ color by 5%. Darken Steel to vanilla H5 darkness. Darken Sage by 5% and Moss by 10%.

What I’d like to see: Unlock whole armor sets and helmets with one card.

Head, Chest, L/R Shoulders, Gauntlets, Waist, Legs, Techsuit (undersuit)

Armor primary, secondary. Visor Primary (inner), Secondary (Outer Edges), Undersuit Primary, Undersuit Secondary. Armor gloss, Armor dirt.

No unchangeable white or blue lines on armor. Secondary and Primary colors match on every armor set and are of a consistent brightness. Overall reduced armor color vibrancy. Darker ‘pepper’ color by 5%. Darken Steel to vanilla H5 darkness. Darken Sage by 5% and Moss by 10%.

> 2533274799135257;14:
> BLOP’s customization for characters or weapons? If for characters, why not Advanced Warfare instead? That game had a ton more customizations that weren’t operator based
>
> But as the others are saying: Doom’s customizations trump all in terms of depth.

I really liked Advanced Warfare´s customization, and I don´t like BO3 designs, specially the prophet design.

> 2533274856059836;10:
> Why can’t 6 have its own way of customization instead of copying from others?

You gotta admit Halo Reach’s customization was A1

> 2533274922466569;13:
> > 2533274797328974;12:
> > > 2533274922466569;11:
> > > > 2533274797328974;9:
> > > > > 2533274795123910;3:
> > > > > I haven’t played Blops 3 so I don’t know how extensive that customization is.
> > > > > Doom however have some really good customization.
> > > > >
> > > > > -Helmet
> > > > > -Torso and legs
> > > > > -Left Arm
> > > > > -Right arm
> > > > >
> > > > > -Individual patterns appliable for each part
> > > > > -Individual colors for patterns
> > > > >
> > > > > -How worn an armor and color is
> > > > > -How dirty the armor is
> > > > >
> > > > > -Matte, Glossy and Metallic colors
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > BO3 has decent customization when it comes to character. The weapon customization is unbeatable in my opinion. You can unlock different categories camo’s for each weapon. These categories include Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies, and Black Market (similar to REQ system). The cool part about this system is that each category offers challenges to complete in that game type in order to unlock the specific camo. The character customization is just okay IMO. You can choose one of like 9 or so specialists that each come with their own versions of the same outfits. You just complete kill challenges to unlock these outfits, as well as more that can be unlocked via the black market.
> > > >
> > > > I’m just not quite sure this style of a system belongs in Halo.
> > >
> > >
> > > I feel like BO3 lost something special, camos doesn´t mean something anymore, now are a random prize in a supply drop, and they can drop the same customization piece although you buy them. In previous COD games they meant something, that you unlocked a special challenge. What I love of Req packs, you can never get the same camo, once you unlocked it, you unlocked it. I hope 343 never do what other games are doing.
> >
> >
> > That is only half true. Yes, there are weapon camos that you can only get through the Black Market… but these are not very special to put it in your words… There are also plenty of camos that require you to get a certain number of kills or a certain number of headshots or long shots and plenty of other challenges. I do agree with the point about REQ packs… I don’t like the fact that you can get duplicates in the Black Market.
>
>
> I know, but there are so many camos that those you unlock by challenges no longer look special.

As far as weapon camos I don’t think any of them are too special… besides diamond for unlocking gold camo for all of a single weapon class, which takes a pretty decent amount of time to complete. Generally the assault rifles take about 900 kills to unlock gold camo and maximize the weapon rank. just to unlock Diamond for AR’s it took me about 8000 kills and now I am almost done with SMG’s. My point is it takes some time and dedication to unlock Diamond, not just randomly unlocking camo in REQ packs.

> 2533274881560701;15:
> What I’d have as a minimum for H6 armor customization.
>
> Head, Torso, Arms, Legs.
>
> Armor primary, secondary. Visor Primary (inner), Secondary (Outer Edges), Undersuit Primary, Undersuit Secondary.
>
> No unchangeable white or blue lines on armor. Secondary and Primary colors match on every armor set and are of a consistent brightness. Darker ‘pepper’ color by 5%. Darken Steel to vanilla H5 darkness. Darken Sage by 5% and Moss by 10%.
>
> What I’d like to see:
>
> Head, Chest, L/R Shoulders, Gauntlets, Waist, Legs, Techsuit (undersuit)
>
> Armor primary, secondary. Visor Primary (inner), Secondary (Outer Edges), Undersuit Primary, Undersuit Secondary. Armor gloss, Armor dirt.
>
> No unchangeable white or blue lines on armor. Secondary and Primary colors match on every armor set and are of a consistent brightness. Overall reduced armor color vibrancy. Darker ‘pepper’ color by 5%. Darken Steel to vanilla H5 darkness. Darken Sage by 5% and Moss by 10%.

To do so, halo would need hundreds of REQs.

Almost every game has better customization than H5. The customization in H5 was developes solely as a money making strategy. Its pathetic. Even Doom has better customization than this garbage.