Should Halo 6 go back to Halo's roots

Call of Duty is going back to its roots this year to make more people happy, should Halo do the same? I think they should. Halo needs to go back to its roots because it was unique and fun. Most shooters have ADS and sprint but Halo didn’t have that because Halo was made to be different than other shooters. I know Microsoft wants the Call of Duty fanbase to play Halo but they don’t need to put all that boost, double jump, and running on walls crap in it. I asked my friends who, like me, are Black Ops 3 fans if they would want a Halo like Halo 3 and they said yes. People will still play Halo if it went back to its roots. I mean if 343 is bringing back the original story style and the classic art style, why don’t they just return to the classic gameplay. What do you think?

My biggest complaint about classic Halo games was the lack of ADS and any special abilities that a character such as Master Chief should have had. They were great games regardless but Halo the way it is now feels so much better. So i say no, keep things the way they are now.

> 2533274816702167;2:
> My biggest complaint about classic Halo games was the lack of ADS and any special abilities that a character such as Master Chief should have had. They were great games regardless but Halo the way it is now feels so much better. So i say no, keep things the way they are now.

They could keep that in campaign but return to the classic gameplay in multiplayer.

> 2535416198868046;3:
> > 2533274816702167;2:
> > My biggest complaint about classic Halo games was the lack of ADS and any special abilities that a character such as Master Chief should have had. They were great games regardless but Halo the way it is now feels so much better. So i say no, keep things the way they are now.
>
> They could keep that in campaign but return to the classic gameplay in multiplayer.

Or have separate playlists for classic fans and the current H5 fans, I know I’d love that.

I do agree on keeping the new mechanics for campaign though.

Halo 6: Rise Of The Req Packs

> 2533274916041027;4:
> > 2535416198868046;3:
> > > 2533274816702167;2:
> > > My biggest complaint about classic Halo games was the lack of ADS and any special abilities that a character such as Master Chief should have had. They were great games regardless but Halo the way it is now feels so much better. So i say no, keep things the way they are now.
> >
> > They could keep that in campaign but return to the classic gameplay in multiplayer.
>
> Or have separate playlists for classic fans and the current H5 fans, I know I’d love that.
>
> I do agree on keeping the new mechanics for campaign though.

That’d split the player base.

not all the way back as halo is known for its innovations in game play but certain aspects need to return to classic ideas. for me that would be the art style. and bringing back equipment.

Yes, and no, I love the classic Halo titles (Halo CE-3) as much as the next person. But i’ll be honest to say that this nostalgia world that us classic Halo fans are living in, is kinda hurting the fanbase, as in we’re basically creating our own war into a 343i v Bungie era. Sure Halo is our childhood game ever since we were young, but we can’t keep pretending we’re living in 2004 and 2007 every day of the year. I don’t have a problem with any Halo game. I have equal fun with each title. But I kinda needed a little refreshment in change. I think that Halo 6 should keep some of its core aspects of the gameplay that made Halo popular, but also add or re-adjust some settings that will make Halo a increasingly enjoyable game and have a longer life cycle longevity. That’s all I can say in my point of view.

Halo 6 should combine the classic and the new mechanics and looks, it could be more awesome than just throwing away the new stuff to go back to the classic

Where it would be cool that there could be two separate playlists for classic and new, it just wouldn’t happen. There would be two different mechanics the game would have to support and would cost to much money from a business point of view. Halo 5 did this to a degree where you could just disable sprint and spartan abilities in custom games.

Another fact is that if halo stayed to the exact same formula for each game, the franchise would suffer from lack of content and hange in each game and it would get boring. COD does this and it’s suffering badly from it, which is why they are going back to their roots to almost start over and hopefully develop a new formula that adds on to the old but still has its basic roots. That is what halo is trying to do. Halo 5’s gameplay is quite a bit different but it still feels like a halo game, just faster pace. I personally like the faster pace action as the series goes on because it makes it push you a little more, but I also like to go back and play the classics where 343 tried to make it possible with the MCC. I would personally get bored if the series stayed with the exact same formula that they used for the original trilogy, which i love btw, as well 343 is a new company for the franchise so not everything is going to be the exact same. I personally like how they actually seem to listen to the fans more than what Bungie did, my opinion.

I like and dislike things from both companies versions of the game, but it basically just boils down to be able to change it but as well balance it with the old.

> 2533274816702167;2:
> My biggest complaint about classic Halo games was the lack of ADS and any special abilities that a character such as Master Chief should have had. They were great games regardless but Halo the way it is now feels so much better. So i say no, keep things the way they are now.

I agree, also, it is too early to judge just how much people are going to like CODWW2, it could not be the COD savior, or it could. We will have to see. I think Halo needs to/I want it to evolve, I fear what happens if it becomes stagnant and releases only rehashes every couple of years. I want people to start emulating Halo mechanics in their games and saying that campaign or that round of multiplayer was better than anything I have played in a couple years, and I did not see it coming. Not, man that was a good game it reminds me of one I played 15 years ago. But that is me I guess, I want things to continually get better and better by building on what came before them.

> 2533274884571925;10:
> Where it would be cool that there could be two separate playlists for classic and new, it just wouldn’t happen. There would be two different mechanics the game would have to support and would cost to much money from a business point of view. Halo 5 did this to a degree where you could just disable sprint and spartan abilities in custom games.
>
> Another fact is that if halo stayed to the exact same formula for each game, the franchise would suffer from lack of content and hange in each game and it would get boring. COD does this and it’s suffering badly from it, which is why they are going back to their roots to almost start over and hopefully develop a new formula that adds on to the old but still has its basic roots. That is what halo is trying to do. Halo 5’s gameplay is quite a bit different but it still feels like a halo game, just faster pace. I personally like the faster pace action as the series goes on because it makes it push you a little more, but I also like to go back and play the classics where 343 tried to make it possible with the MCC. I would personally get bored if the series stayed with the exact same formula that they used for the original trilogy, which i love btw, as well 343 is a new company for the franchise so not everything is going to be the exact same. I personally like how they actually seem to listen to the fans more than what Bungie did, my opinion.
>
> I like and dislike things from both companies versions of the game, but it basically just boils down to be able to change it but as well balance it with the old.

Also I agree with just about everything you said - you sir or ma’am have done a swell job

> 2533274884571925;10:
> Where it would be cool that there could be two separate playlists for classic and new, it just wouldn’t happen. There would be two different mechanics the game would have to support and would cost to much money from a business point of view. Halo 5 did this to a degree where you could just disable sprint and spartan abilities in custom games.
>
> Another fact is that if halo stayed to the exact same formula for each game, the franchise would suffer from lack of content and hange in each game and it would get boring. COD does this and it’s suffering badly from it, which is why they are going back to their roots to almost start over and hopefully develop a new formula that adds on to the old but still has its basic roots. That is what halo is trying to do. Halo 5’s gameplay is quite a bit different but it still feels like a halo game, just faster pace. I personally like the faster pace action as the series goes on because it makes it push you a little more, but I also like to go back and play the classics where 343 tried to make it possible with the MCC. I would personally get bored if the series stayed with the exact same formula that they used for the original trilogy, which i love btw, as well 343 is a new company for the franchise so not everything is going to be the exact same. I personally like how they actually seem to listen to the fans more than what Bungie did, my opinion.
>
> I like and dislike things from both companies versions of the game, but it basically just boils down to be able to change it but as well balance it with the old.

You changed my mind.

i believe that halo should go to its roots and use the “lack of resources” excuse for using old weapons, armor, and vehicles.
it should also have optional spartan abilities that can be toggled for custom games