Should Halo 5 Have Sprinting

Here’s my Opinion
You shouldn’t be able to run unless you have full shields that way it punishes bad players who constantly go in the heat in battle, but allows you to cross large gaps without the need of a vehicle. This will also force players to use their running more wisely and not make it so that unskilled player can just use it to run away.

I’d like to remind everybody that developers didn’t get worse at making maps they just had to implement sprinting which broke certain aspects in the gameplay.

What are your opinions and do you think 343 should keep or get rid of sprinting and tell me why you think they should or shouldn’t.

Good idea. We can also let the “less brave” Spartans still sprint away, but almost at the same speed of the normal jog so they can think that they are going to make it, next second, bam, his pursuer assisinates him.

> Good idea. We can also let the “less brave” Spartans still sprint away, but almost at the same speed of the normal jog so they can think that they are going to make it, next second, bam, his pursuer assisinates him.

Making Sprint the same speed as a normal walk while being shot? I like it.

As for my general opinion, I don’t hate Sprint so much. Would you Sprint-haters say that it can be fixed by upping the general player speed and lowering the Sprint speed (making the difference smaller)?

Of course. Sprinting makes the game much more intense. However, i would like to see a playlist where Sprint is disabled and Base Movement is increased. Similar to Anniversary DLC in Halo: Reach.

> Here’s my Opinion
> <mark><mark>You shouldn’t be able to run unless you have full shields that way it punishes bad players who constantly go in the heat in battle</mark></mark>, but allows you to cross large gaps without the need of a vehicle. This will also force players to use their running more wisely and not make it so that unskilled player can just use it to run away.
>
> I’d like to remind everybody that developers didn’t get worse at making maps they just had to implement sprinting which broke certain aspects in the gameplay.
>
> What are your opinions and do you think 343 should keep or get rid of sprinting and tell me why you think they should or shouldn’t.

Sounds alittle weird to me. For instance, if i just finish taking out an enemy player and see that others are close by on my radar i would want to sprint away to cover until my shield comes back, not hope and pray that i can walk to safety without getting bullets pumped into my back.

> > Good idea. We can also let the “less brave” Spartans still sprint away, but almost at the same speed of the normal jog so they can think that they are going to make it, next second, bam, his pursuer assisinates him.
>
> <mark>Making Sprint the same speed as a normal walk while being shot</mark>? I like it.
>
> As for my general opinion, I don’t hate Sprint so much. Would you Sprint-haters say that it can be fixed by upping the general player speed and lowering the Sprint speed (making the difference smaller)?

That’s a really good idea.

Sprinting distance: Reduced
Sprinting speed: Slightly Reduced
Base player speed: 115% or 120%
Jumping height: 120%

And getting shot disables sprint, kinda like descoping with the sniper.

I think it should have sprinting.

> Here’s my Opinion
> You shouldn’t be able to run unless you have full shields that way it punishes bad players who constantly go in the heat in battle, but allows you to cross large gaps without the need of a vehicle. This will also force players to use their running more wisely and not make it so that unskilled player can just use it to run away.
>
> I’d like to remind everybody that developers didn’t get worse at making maps they just had to implement sprinting which broke certain aspects in the gameplay.
>
> What are your opinions and do you think 343 should keep or get rid of sprinting and tell me why you think they should or shouldn’t.

I like sprint, and with recent games of halo 3, was the only thing i missed.

But maps should not be designed around Sprint.

I’d rather not have sprint in Halo 5 at all, but seeing as I believe it probably will be in the game, I’m not completely against the idea of thinking of ways to improve it.

I quite like the idea that you can’t sprint unless you have 100% full shields.
Though it doesn’t get rid of the way that the inclusion of sprint negatively (IMO) changes the way maps are designed.

If this idea of only being able to sprint with full shields was coupled with a sprint that was not much faster than base speed, then I can see it being much less of a negative aspect in Halo 5 than it has been in Halo 4.

> Sprinting distance: Reduced
> Sprinting speed: Slightly Reduced
> Base player speed: 115% or 120%
> Jumping height: 120%
>
> And getting shot disables sprint, kinda like descoping with the sniper.

This is pretty much what I would like.

343 can we get this please? If sprint has to stay.

> Of course. Sprinting makes the game much more intense.

The first thing to come to my mind when my opponent spams three nades, essentially misses them all, misses his shots with his BR, and -Yoink-'s out by sprinting away is " how intense".

Happened in Legendary Slayer, true story. Sprint is so -Yoinking!- stupid. Even with the get-out-of-jail aspects removed, it still serves no point.

If 343 can’t find a way to implement it in matchmaking it should at least be in campaign.

If we reduce the gap between sprint speed and base movement speed, why have sprint at all?

I would much prefer a single base movement speed, but at this point there are so many that have grown accustomed to sprint in Halo that I am almost obliged to be open-minded to the possibility it will stay.

Unfortunately, I do not like sprint in its current form, and also feel that slowing down while getting shot is such an artificial mechanic that just seems weird. It has led to more frustration than I care to admit, often reducing me to a slow walk from a random grenade or stray bullets not even intended for me. The sprint with full shields only solution also seems like a very odd mechanic, and could lead to ridiculous scenarios where I can’t sprint because a single AR bullet managed to somehow hit me and remove a sliver of my shields.

While I do not have a possible solution of my own at the moment, these have been my concerns.