Should Halo 5 have 4 player split screen?

Recently it was mentioned by 343i that local play would be returning, but only for 2 player split screen. What? Why? All other Halo games have 4 player split screen, why not this one too. My brother and I do a LAN party or Halo Night as we call it with 2 other friends every Saturday. I going to assume that others do something like this as well sometimes right. So why not have it in Halo 5? can the Xbox One just not handle 4 players at once while running this game? Does 343 assume that everyone will have an online account and an Xbox One? one of those friends who comes over does not have an Xbox one. Sure we can play the MCC, but I would like to play the next games with them as well. What do you think? should Halo 5 get 4 player split screen or stay at 2.

Only constructive criticism about this topic please…

The fact that Halo 5 won’t have 4-player splitscreen is unacceptable.

I don’t know this for sure, but couldn’t it have something to do with frame rate on the screen? If you are pushing a game to maximize 1080p and 60 fps then couldn’t having 4 players split on one screen mess up the quality and frame rate? I mean this is just me speculating based off only minimal knowledge of how all this works, but I remember in H4 on any forge map that me and one buddy tried to play on it would always start to get skippy. I wonder if the reason why they aren’t adding it is because there is no way to avoid those frame rate issues when attempting to push a game to 1080p 60 fps. Once again I’m just speculating.

> 2533274847178149;3:
> I don’t know this for sure, but couldn’t it have something to do with frame rate on the screen? If you are pushing a game to maximize 1080p and 60 fps then couldn’t having 4 players split on one screen mess up the quality and frame rate? I mean this is just me speculating based off only minimal knowledge of how all this works, but I remember in H4 on any forge map that me and one buddy tried to play on it would always start to get skippy. I wonder if the reason why they aren’t adding it is because there is no way to avoid those frame rate issues when attempting to push a game to 1080p 60 fps. Once again I’m just speculating.

But isn’t that why Halo 5 is for the Xbox One and not the 360. I thought it was because the Xbox One was “supposed” to be able to handle higher loads.

It needs split screen for two players local, but I haven’t played four player split screen since Xbox Live multiplayer came out.

I would prefer 4-player splitscreen but it’s not a necessity. I usually only play 2-player anyway.

> 2533274809388591;4:
> > 2533274847178149;3:
> > I don’t know this for sure, but couldn’t it have something to do with frame rate on the screen? If you are pushing a game to maximize 1080p and 60 fps then couldn’t having 4 players split on one screen mess up the quality and frame rate? I mean this is just me speculating based off only minimal knowledge of how all this works, but I remember in H4 on any forge map that me and one buddy tried to play on it would always start to get skippy. I wonder if the reason why they aren’t adding it is because there is no way to avoid those frame rate issues when attempting to push a game to 1080p 60 fps. Once again I’m just speculating.
>
>
> But isn’t that why Halo 5 is for the Xbox One and not the 360. I thought it was because the Xbox One was “supposed” to be able to handle higher loads.

I agree! I love Halo 5 right now and would like to be able to play 4 player when it comes out, sure I have live too, but It does not have the same feeling. also I agree if this console is supposed to be more powerful then 360 then why can’t it handle 4 players?

> 2533274876631466;2:
> The fact that Halo 5 won’t have 4-player splitscreen is unacceptable.

I Agree!!

I concur with those saying 4-player split-screen should be in the game. Even if they have to sacrifice visual quality and performance (it’s not like they could avoid it anyway). Even Halo 4 had it and they said that they were putting the 360 to the limit but it still had the feature. I honestly don’t see why they can’t have it again. 343i shouldn’t be worried about people scrutinizing their game because it doesn’t perform well on 4-player split-screen I mean, honestly what game could?

Im wondering if two player split screen is playable.

In Halo 4 it was atrocious.

> 2533274974596436;9:
> I concur with those saying 4-player split-screen should be in the game. Even if they have to sacrifice visual quality and performance (it’s not like they could avoid it anyway). Even Halo 4 had it and they said that they were putting the 360 to the limit but it still had the feature. I honestly don’t see why they can’t have it again. 343i shouldn’t be worried about people scrutinizing their game because it doesn’t perform well on 4-player split-screen I mean, honestly what game could?

I sorry, but I’m confused if your with or against 4-player split screen?