Should Halo 5 be the focus for legacy rewards?

I’m SR93 and I already got tired of the multiplayer and frankly have been spending all my time in MCC. I’ve been meaning to grind to SR 152 but come on, it frankly just sucks and get really boring real fast. With MCC there is so much more to do because of all the available titles and all the different modes. I imagine more people are doing the same and on top of that PC players only have access to MCC and not Halo 5. So should The majority of the legacy rewards come from MCC or should it come from the most recent title in the franchise?

> 2533274916208325;1:
> I’m SR93 and I already got tired of the multiplayer and frankly have been spending all my time in MCC. I’ve been meaning to grind to SR 152 but come on, it frankly just sucks and get really boring real fast. With MCC there is so much more to do because of all the available titles and all the different modes. I imagine more people are doing the same and on top of that PC players only have access to MCC and not Halo 5. So should The majority of the legacy rewards come from MCC or should it come from the most recent title in the franchise?

I don’t necessarily believe it has to be a one or the other type of scenario. Both can easily be supported.

Hitting 152 is a huge milestone for Halo 5 and it’s obvious that they should reward that especially considering once you get to 152 you don’t actually get anything in Halo 5 for it other than a funky looking emblem haha.

I believe they’ve said they’re looking at rewarding other legacy players but haven’t fully commented on what that would be exactly.

• Personally I’d like to think anyone that got all Achievements in MCC would get something nice. - If anyone ever hits max rank in MCC that could be a reward. - Completing Halo 5 LASO could be a reward. - Spartan Companies that completed all commendations could be a reward - Anyone who hit certain arena ranks in Halo 5 could be a reward. A emblem or nameplate for each tier maybe.There’s plenty they could do with it that’s for sure.

To address your Halo 5 comparison to MCC really quickly though; Halo 5 hasn’t had much post game support for many years now. Just playlist rotations, that’s it.
MCC has had continual updates since launch which is why the game is much more fleshed out. MCC definitely gives you more to do as a game in comparison but that’s really because Halo 5 didn’t really get that extra dose of love past launch.

> 2533274916208325;1:
> I’m SR93 and I already got tired of the multiplayer and frankly have been spending all my time in MCC. I’ve been meaning to grind to SR 152 but come on, it frankly just sucks and get really boring real fast. With MCC there is so much more to do because of all the available titles and all the different modes. I imagine more people are doing the same and on top of that PC players only have access to MCC and not Halo 5. So should The majority of the legacy rewards come from MCC or should it come from the most recent title in the franchise?

See, way I see it is S152 is waaayy too much for people who have things like jobs or families (not to disrespect the 2.4k who achieved S152)
But if I’m honest I think S152 should be a challenge. Giving players a reward for hitting that max rank is kinda neat, but now it has players, like myself, with almost 100 days playtime, who haven’t reached max rank yet. Infact, I’m only about 25% of the way there and I’ve been grinding again for a month now.

I don’t like the idea of hiding armour colours behind almost impossible achievements like this. If they made it so some of your season points in MCC could help with levels in Halo 5, then maybe I’d be more happy with the grind.

As someone who may never reach SR152, because I don’t know how motivated I’ll be to continue playing Halo 5 well into the future, I’m perfectly fine with it being a goal that perhaps only a small percentage of people reach just like the top experience rank in Halo Reach was a high bar to achieve too. I actually think it’s good to have a high experience bar that can help motivate power-user players to continue investing their time into the title. Does it suck that a customization item or whatnot may not be easily accessible to someone like myself? Sure, but at least it’s based on a total amount of experience and not a particular skilled task or a luck of the draw chance that may in fact be impossible for someone like myself to earn. Given time, assuming I continue to revisit and play Halo 5, I know I could eventually achieve it by simply investing my time into the game which is comforting to know.

I’m cool with 152 reward. Actually, really strange there’s no H5 in-game reward for hitting it. So reward them now for not showing the love initially. At least in MCC you can spend those season points now.

But, agree MCC should have some reward(s) for Infinite as well.

Me? I just hope that once Infinite is out 343 can make all Halo 5 paid REQ items permanently free, not unlike what they had done to the 360 Halo 3 armors and DLC map packs.

> 2535472130922237;6:
> Me? I just hope that once Infinite is out 343 can make all Halo 5 paid REQ items permanently free, not unlike what they had done to the 360 Halo 3 armors and DLC map packs.

What do you mean paid req items? The only ones I know of are the classic helmets + the HCS skins

> 2535446783090665;7:
> > 2535472130922237;6:
> > Me? I just hope that once Infinite is out 343 can make all Halo 5 paid REQ items permanently free, not unlike what they had done to the 360 Halo 3 armors and DLC map packs.
>
> What do you mean paid req items? The only ones I know of are the classic helmets + the HCS skins

Yeah those are the major things I was talking about. But then there are also several tiers of paid req packs (they are random lootboxes by the way) you can just buy if you don’t want to grind req points in-game. Now that you asked, I realize I hadn’t put it clearly as I intended. What I really mean is I’d like them to just get rid of the req system by unlocking all req items for all players by default after Infinite comes out.

> 2535472130922237;8:
> > 2535446783090665;7:
> > > 2535472130922237;6:
> > > Me? I just hope that once Infinite is out 343 can make all Halo 5 paid REQ items permanently free, not unlike what they had done to the 360 Halo 3 armors and DLC map packs.
> >
> > What do you mean paid req items? The only ones I know of are the classic helmets + the HCS skins
>
> Yeah those are the major things I was talking about. But then there are also several tiers of paid req packs (they are random lootboxes by the way) you can just buy if you don’t want to grind req points in-game. Now that you asked, I realize I hadn’t put it clearly as I intended. What I really mean is I’d like them to just get rid of the req system by unlocking all req items for all players by default after Infinite comes out.

Yeah I see how the randomized loot boxes can be annoying, a better idea would be to take out the randomized part of it (although this is never going to happen) instead of just making everything free. Because then it makes all the grinding people did to get their favorite armor worthless seeing as most (but not all) people don’t buy tons of packs in order to achieve 100% completion of the customization.

> 2535446783090665;9:
> > 2535472130922237;8:
> > > 2535446783090665;7:
> > > > 2535472130922237;6:
> > > > Me? I just hope that once Infinite is out 343 can make all Halo 5 paid REQ items permanently free, not unlike what they had done to the 360 Halo 3 armors and DLC map packs.
> > >
> > > What do you mean paid req items? The only ones I know of are the classic helmets + the HCS skins
> >
> > Yeah those are the major things I was talking about. But then there are also several tiers of paid req packs (they are random lootboxes by the way) you can just buy if you don’t want to grind req points in-game. Now that you asked, I realize I hadn’t put it clearly as I intended. What I really mean is I’d like them to just get rid of the req system by unlocking all req items for all players by default after Infinite comes out.
>
> Yeah I see how the randomized loot boxes can be annoying, a better idea would be to take out the randomized part of it (although this is never going to happen) instead of just making everything free. Because then it makes all the grinding people did to get their favorite armor worthless seeing as most (but not all) people don’t buy tons of packs in order to achieve 100% completion of the customization.

Well that’s the inevitable when they made the req system in the first place. My opinion is that lots of H5’s customizations should have been either available to all players by default or at most only blocked behind clear, attainable, no-money-involved requirements. Sadly H5 went with the industry’s trend of stripping out features and sell them as “add-ons”. Taking out the randomized part like you said (and maybe just go back to Reach’s “earn req points by playing then spend them on the exact item you want” path) feels the most ideal, but doing so would (I guess) require 343 to re-implement some software stuff (which they probably won’t have the resources to), while making everything free is just as easy as adjusting the prices to zero. Overall, I’d support any change that gets rid of (or at least decrease) the randomness and monetization.

H5 be the focus for legacy rewards? There isn’t much of a legacy when it comes to Halo 5, its one game there are other titles when you consider the term legacy it would imply them all, obviously they haven’t announced what they are or how to obtain but they did imply there would be multiple legacy rewards and so one would think that accomplishments from the other games would net you other legacy gear.

Also as far as H5 customization without buying reqs with real world. Money i was able to unlock everything by using the req points boosters I earned, and buying the packs in order from bronze to silver to gold, and was able to unlock everything by the time I hit rank 148, to many people only focus on 10k req points and buy gold packs to start netting them items in the loot pool that can be acquired from bronze packs which is literally a fraction of the req point cost. You know you can move on to the next tier when upon opening a pack you recieve req points as opposed to armor or certification cards in the first and second slot. So its random but you can game the system if you dont buy packs out of order.

PS This isn’t me defending the system I really don’t want another system like this but the amount of people complaining that they had to pay real money, and then say they haven’t gotten what they want baffles me, if you are smart you can attain everything in literally half the time it takes to acquire max rank.