Should Halo 4 include more urban maps like Halo 2?

District,Turf and headlong are some of my favorite Halo maps.But imagine if there was a new game time that put 32 against 32 in the streets of New Mombasa,it could have sniping,vehicle combat and even close quarter combat in the narrow alleys.

Very unlikely unless the mystery forerunner planet has earth-like architecture.

I don’t think there will be urban areas on Halo 4.

I do enjoy fighting in urban areas very much (which is why I prefer Fallout 3 over NV; that’s a different story though). I liked ODST for it’s urban setting, but it wouldn’t be Halo without the beatiful scenery. They need to find a balance between the two.

I’d prefer the Halo 2-esque soundtrack to urban maps. But whatever floats your boat.

I hope so!

I really hope they don’t continue this trend of doing maps and integrating them into campaign. We need original settings and original maps; That’s what made Halo’s multiplayer spaces so unique. They were little bits you didn’t get to see in the game’s campaign…They could go anywhere and do anything within the universe.

> District,Turf and headlong are some of my favorite Halo maps.But imagine if there was a new game time that put 32 against 32 in the streets of New Mombasa,it could have sniping,vehicle combat and even close quarter combat in the narrow alleys.

Yes:

HCE=Best story
H2=Best maps
H3=EPIC campaign, great story. balanced gameplay, new awesome features like forge.
HR=Worst Story, Worst maps, LAME campaign, VERY unbalanced gameplay, gray forge world.
HW=BEST RTS on console market.

Hi, I’m Omen, just switched over from B.net to here. Now here is my first post.

Think back to Halo 2’s multiplayer, more specificly, it’s maps. Mostly all of all of Halo 2’s maps had some sort of interactive set piece to it. From the unfinished highway that was on Headlong that would dangle, to the giant stalagtites that would fall from the roof of Waterworks.
But from Halo 3 and on, Bungie forgot about all of that.

Halo 2’s Maps were amazing, unique, and unforgettable. 343i I know you will do a great job on Halo 4, show us that you’ll push that hope and make Halo 4’s maps one of a kind.

YES YES OH GOD YES!

I wish we could have like…MASSIVE team battles on the streets of New Mombasa, using the abandoned cars for cover and crouching in the shadows.

343, I don’t care if it would seem out of place in H4, but please make this happen.

No, if anything human environments should be stricken completely.

I would love to have urban map return but as long as the maps are symetrical like Narrows and amplified from halo 3 im good

> 32 against 32

yes, with 200 banshes and 300 scopions and atom bomb drops. dude, seriously, BTB is the most annoying gametype in Halo ever, so no thanks cause 8v8 is mess and I’d rather not think about 32v32.

ps. ./sarcasm on /they should put a scorpion @Countdown on the @the big door and few rocket launchers so the game would be more intense ./sarcasm off

i miss turf. :frowning:

> i miss turf. :frowning:

:slight_smile: Turf was so fun. There should definitely be a few urban maps to mix things up. As long as there are a lot of symmetrical maps in H4 I’ll be happy.

Urban themed like most of Reach’s? Or metropolis themed?

i would like a map on asteriod

> I’d prefer the Halo 2-esque soundtrack to urban maps. But whatever floats your boat.

Halo 2’s soundtrack is the best

> District,Turf and headlong are some of my favorite Halo maps.But imagine if there was a new game time that put 32 against 32 in the streets of New Mombasa,it could have sniping,vehicle combat and even close quarter combat in the narrow alleys.

i didn’t p[lay Halo 2 vista, so i’m not too familar with district except for a few screenshots, but turf and headlong are easily 2 of my favortite all time maps.