Should Halo 4 Have Been An Xbox One Title?

Halo 4 released on November 6, 2012 on the Xbox 360 with the Xbox One releasing on November 22, 2013.

Halo 4 was, by Xbox 360 standards, a very graphically demanding game. Because of this, the game had to be put on two separate discs and numerous sacrifices were made in order to keep the frame rate as consistent as possible. With these facts in mind and the Xbox One being in development during Halo 4’s development, wouldn’t giving the game some more development time in order to release it on the Xbox One have made more sense?

I just don’t see why Microsoft didn’t want the highly-awaited return of the Master Chief to be the Xbox One launch title the game so desperately needed to be. And while Halo 4 did eventually become available for the Xbox One through Halo: The Master Chief Collection and, later, backwards compatibility functionality. a game made for the ground-up on Xbox One hardware would’ve been much more preferable (along with, of course, a PC release.)

Am I alone here?

Phil Spencer talked about this a few years back as they did consider it for a short time
https://kotaku.com/whats-next-for-the-xbox-one-1471212785

> Last year, Xbox 360 owners got to play the first Halo not made by Bungie Studios, the well-received Halo 4 from Microsoft’s new 343 Studios. That wasn’t always the plan.
>
> “A couple of years ago we had the discussion of: ‘Should we do Halo at launch and not do Halo 4 last year?’” Spencer recalled, “But I was committed to getting Halo 4 done last year, and there was no way we were going to turn around with 343 a full Halo game in a year. So that was the plan we set on. I feel good about that.”

No

> 2533274813317074;2:
> Phil Spencer talked about this a few years back as they did consider it for a short time
> What's Next For the Xbox One
>
>
>
>
> > Last year, Xbox 360 owners got to play the first Halo not made by Bungie Studios, the well-received Halo 4 from Microsoft’s new 343 Studios. That wasn’t always the plan.
> >
> > “A couple of years ago we had the discussion of: ‘Should we do Halo at launch and not do Halo 4 last year?’” Spencer recalled, “But I was committed to getting Halo 4 done last year, and there was no way we were going to turn around with 343 a full Halo game in a year. So that was the plan we set on. I feel good about that.”

Huh. I’m surprised I’ve never seen that before.

Thanks for sharing it.

> 2533274916128937;3:
> No

Why do you feel that way?