Should Halo 4 be on 2 discs?

I know it’s probably too late to do this, but 2 discs should at least be considered for Halo 5. One big loooong campaign on one disc and everything else on the other.

Your thoughts?

That’s not a bad idea but Halo 5 will probably be on the Xbox “720” or the next gen console.
Which may not use discs, or have a different format.

> That’s not a bad idea but Halo 5 will probably be on the Xbox “720” or the next gen console.

It’s gotta be, Halo games run on a 3 year period, the most likely release date for the Xbox 720 is April 2013.

> > That’s not a bad idea but Halo 5 will probably be on the Xbox “720” or the next gen console.
>
> It’s gotta be, Halo games run on a 3 year period, the most likely release date for the Xbox 720 is April 2013.

Not only that, but graphics have hit their peak on the 360…

> > > That’s not a bad idea but Halo 5 will probably be on the Xbox “720” or the next gen console.
> >
> > It’s gotta be, Halo games run on a 3 year period, the most likely release date for the Xbox 720 is April 2013.
>
> Not only that, but graphics have hit their peak on the 360…

That too.

Halo should stay on one disc

> Halo should stay on one disc

This. I like having my games (like Halo) on one disc.

No, one disc

Two discs would be great! There’s no legitimate argument against it.

> Two discs would be great! There’s no legitimate argument against it.

Can’t tell whether trolling or…

Personally hoping It’s on three discs; one for campaign, one for multiplayer/customs, and one for forge.

> > Two discs would be great! There’s no legitimate argument against it.
>
> Can’t tell whether trolling or…

The more discs there are, the better quality the game can be.

Actually 2 discs should be better:

• Better graphics for campaign levels and more Bonus content, such as in-game Halo Wiki and all HD promote videos…

• They should try to use any disc to check the authority, so we can play campaign or MM without exchange disc.

> Two discs would be great! There’s no legitimate argument against it.

I agree. Limiting the game to a single disc means having to cut content.

The disc format the XBox 360 uses does not allow for much information. It only holds about 4GB of information. A single-layer blu-ray disc can hold about 25GB, and multiple layers can be applied with adding 25GB each layer.

That’s not counting the security measures and what not.

Developing Halo 4 with the intention of splitting up the content onto 2 or more discs would allow 343 to create more and cut less. But if the game shipped with two discs, I would want for it to be like ODST, the Campaign and the modes associated with it on one disc and multiplayer and the modes associated with that on the second. Theater would be on both.

> Actually 2 discs should be better:
>
> - Better graphics for campaign levels and more Bonus content, such as in-game Halo Wiki and all HD promote videos…
>
> - They should try to use any disc to check the authority, so we can play campaign or MM without exchange disc.

This guy has sort of the right idea.

Maybe you could install both discs to your hard drive and then one of them could be the play disc, or both.

Having 2 discs would be much better. More data for SP and MP.

The game would be even more EPIC!

Halo 4 should be on 4 discs…because you know…four…

> > Two discs would be great! There’s no legitimate argument against it.
>
> I agree. Limiting the game to a single disc means having to cut content.
>
> The disc format the XBox 360 uses does not allow for much information. It only holds about 4GB of information. A single-layer blu-ray disc can hold about 25GB, and multiple layers can be applied with adding 25GB each layer.
>
> That’s not counting the security measures and what not.
>
> Developing Halo 4 with the intention of splitting up the content onto 2 or more discs would allow 343 to create more and cut less. But if the game shipped with two discs, I would want for it to be like ODST, the Campaign and the modes associated with it on one disc and multiplayer and the modes associated with that on the second. Theater would be on both.

The Xbox 360’s disc actually holds 7.8GB of data. Of course, this is sooooo little compared to Blu-Ray which can hold a maximum of 50GB (though with a slow drive, mandatory installs + slow loading anyone?). Should we get two discs? Sure. Are we going to get it? I doubt it. I mean unless Halo 4 starts to turn into a movie cough MGS4 cough.