Should halo 4 be more like halo 3 or reach

Halo does not have as many fans and I think it is because reach does not have a classic halo feel.This is because bungie was leaving halo and there was many things and ideas they had so the shoved them into one halo game which is far away from classic halo. I herd that halo 4 is going to be a modified version of reach. If halo 4 is like reach it will not be a popular game compared to C.O.D. It just hurts to see all my friends who loved halo stop playing it. Even I have been play less halo so I really hope 343 does not make this mistake of starting halo4 with reach engine instead of bring back classic halo. Also it would not make much since story wise.

p.s. Do you think Halo 4 should be more like reach or halo 3?

> Halo does not have as many fans and I think it is because reach does not have a classic halo feel.This is because bungie was leaving halo and there was many things and ideas they had so the shoved them into one halo game which is far away from classic halo. I herd that halo 4 is going to be a modified version of reach. If halo 4 is like reach it will not be a popular game compared to C.O.D. It just hurts to see all my friends who loved halo stop playing it. Even I have been play less halo so I really hope 343 does not make this mistake of starting halo4 with reach engine instead of bring back classic halo. Also it would not make much since story wise.

Halo still has tons of fans, but I do agree that I was disappointed with Reach.

No they said: "Halo 4’s engine will be a modified version of Reach’s and CEA’s.
But I have also heard rumors of their being destructable environments.

And I did not think you were supposed to play a game because its popular, but because you enjoy it… Thats just going with the mainstream…

I did not say that I don’t play reach because it unpopular. I said it did not have the classic halo feel and thats why I have not been playing it as much as I use to.

> > Halo does not have as many fans and I think it is because reach does not have a classic halo feel.This is because bungie was leaving halo and there was many things and ideas they had so the shoved them into one halo game which is far away from classic halo. I herd that halo 4 is going to be a modified version of reach. If halo 4 is like reach it will not be a popular game compared to C.O.D. It just hurts to see all my friends who loved halo stop playing it. Even I have been play less halo so I really hope 343 does not make this mistake of starting halo4 with reach engine instead of bring back classic halo. Also it would not make much since story wise.
>
> Halo still has tons of fans, but I do agree that I was disappointed with Reach.
>
> No they said: "Halo 4’s engine will be a modified version of Reach’s and CEA’s.
> But I have also heard rumors of their being destructable environments.
>
> And I did not think you were supposed to play a game because its popular, but because you enjoy it… Thats just going with the mainstream…

I read that it’s just going to be a modified HALO engine, not really specific to one game since it evolves through many iterations.

Halo 4 cannot be anything like Reach.

> But I have also heard rumors of their being destructable environments.

If they add destructible environments, it could change game play a little, so if it does, then Halo 4 wont play like Reach or Halo 3, it will feel like you’re playing a Halo game, but it will have it’s own feel to it.

Overall, more like Halo 3. There are many things both games did both right and wrong.

It should be like Halo 3 competitive wise but keep the credit system and Armory. Halo 3 Ranking system and probably Equipment should come back, I wouldn’t care if it didn’t

Halo: Reach couldn’t hold #1 Xbox title for more than a few weeks. All the other Halo’s did this for years. This question has an obvious answer.

Halo: Reach took away many of the features we loved and added new ones that were not Halo.

I think Halo 4 Should be like Halo 4. I already bought Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.

> I think Halo 4 Should be like Halo 4. I already bought Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.

I like this answer very much.

Well i wanted Halo: Reach to be like Halo: Reach and look how that turned out…

I would like them to take the core elements from Halo 2/3 and polish them over and over, add some new elements (and maybe actually test them and take some feedback this time…) and we have ourselves a great game.

Neither. Give us a new Halo game, not rehashed crap.

[deleted]

these threads make my eyes bleed. it shouldn’t be like any of the past games.

<mark>AND PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE THREADS</mark>

Im currently playing Halo 3 again and loving it. You only thing you miss in Halo 3 is the Reach Radar, Easier Sniping and maybe the bullet registration.

Halo 4 needs to have Halo 3 style with no AA’s.

We already had a thread exactly like this.

I will say again…Halo 4 is the sequel to Halo 3, NOT Reach. And just look at Reach. It’s a failure. Why would I want Halo 4 to be like a failure of a game?

I actually reworded the question as “Do I want H4 to be like CE or 2?”

The answer is both.
Dualing and jump heights can return, but the power and map hazards must return also.
So in the end, it won’t be like Halo3 at all.

Halo 2 :wink:

Reach has really hurt the Halo brand. 343i needs to bring back the Halo 2/3 style gameplay that made the series as big as it is. Also, they need to take a bring from any remakes/spinoffs for a few years, having those kind of games have damaged the brand also despite the fact they’ve been quality games.

well the best way to go is to get all the balanced and fun mechanics from ce, halo2, halo3 and I guess the firefight and lonely feeling of odst and as for reach the only improvement was forge and netcode so combine all of those and stay closer to the halo 3/2 feel to create a more classic game