Should Guardian (H3 map) be In Halo 5:Guardians?

Now that sprinting is in Halo, I think tweaking the size just a bit, or maybe adding new corridors would make it work fine. Guardian had such an awesome background. You were in an ancient forerunner forest high up in the trees, in a mysterious structure. In Halo 5 this map would look gorgeous. What do you think?

I agree! And the map name kind of goes with the game name so it just works :wink:

> 2533274882999606;1:
> Now that sprinting is in Halo, I think tweaking the size just a bit, or maybe adding new corridors would make it work fine. Guardian had such an awesome background. You were in an ancient forerunner forest high up in the trees, in a mysterious structure. In Halo 5 this map would look gorgeous. What do you think?

I think it would be kinda funny if they remade Guardian into Halo 5 guardians just for sh*ts and giggles

> 2533274876403179;3:
> > 2533274882999606;1:
> > Now that sprinting is in Halo, I think tweaking the size just a bit, or maybe adding new corridors would make it work fine. Guardian had such an awesome background. You were in an ancient forerunner forest high up in the trees, in a mysterious structure. In Halo 5 this map would look gorgeous. What do you think?
>
>
> I think it would be kinda funny if they remade Guardian into Halo 5 guardians just for sh*ts and giggles

Well, almost every Halo game has a remake of something. Halo 2 had coagulation (Blood gulch remake ), and a remake of Wizard. Halo 3 had a remake of rat race. Halo 4 had a remake of Valhalla and the pit. Not only is Guardian a great map, but it also goes with the name.

> 2533274882999606;4:
> > 2533274876403179;3:
> > > 2533274882999606;1:
> > > Now that sprinting is in Halo, I think tweaking the size just a bit, or maybe adding new corridors would make it work fine. Guardian had such an awesome background. You were in an ancient forerunner forest high up in the trees, in a mysterious structure. In Halo 5 this map would look gorgeous. What do you think?
> >
> >
> >
> > I think it would be kinda funny if they remade Guardian into Halo 5 guardians just for sh*ts and giggles
>
>
> Well, almost every Halo game has a remake of something. Halo 2 had coagulation (Blood gulch remake ), and a remake of Wizard. Halo 3 had a remake of rat race. Halo 4 had a remake of Valhalla and the pit. Not only is Guardian a great map, but it also goes with the name.

Halo 5 has Midship already, but I wouldn’t mind Guardian.

And Rat Race? Where is that in Halo 3?

> 2533274882999606;1:
> Now that sprinting is in Halo-----

STOP. NO.
On topic, yes, I think that map should be in Guardians.

Never thought about this but I love the map guardian and because of the title halo 5 guardians I think it would be a perfect map hope they decide to remake this for halo 5

I love guardians, good swat/slayer map :smiley:

You say now that Halo has sprint and scale the map although they are adding small maps like midship? You’d think people would be worried about scaling that map to then hm O.o. When I think H3 I think of Gaurdian I love that map it NEEDS to be in H5!

> 2535421185086165;9:
> You say now that Halo has sprint and scale the map although they are adding small maps like midship? You’d think people would be worried about scaling that map to then hm O.o. When I think H3 I think of Gaurdian I love that map it NEEDS to be in H5!

Well in Reach Zealot was fine, becaue you could just “loop-dee-loop”, when you were sprinting. So the Halo 5 version will be fine. Guardians on the other hand has certain jumps that would be too easy with sprint, so tweaking some distances, elongating hallways JUST A BIT, and making the central structure bigger would be perfect.

> 2533274819515582;5:
> > 2533274882999606;4:
> > > 2533274876403179;3:
> > > > 2533274882999606;1:
> > > > Now that sprinting is in Halo, I think tweaking the size just a bit, or maybe adding new corridors would make it work fine. Guardian had such an awesome background. You were in an ancient forerunner forest high up in the trees, in a mysterious structure. In Halo 5 this map would look gorgeous. What do you think?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I think it would be kinda funny if they remade Guardian into Halo 5 guardians just for sh*ts and giggles
> >
> >
> >
> > Well, almost every Halo game has a remake of something. Halo 2 had coagulation (Blood gulch remake ), and a remake of Wizard. Halo 3 had a remake of rat race. Halo 4 had a remake of Valhalla and the pit. Not only is Guardian a great map, but it also goes with the name.
>
>
> Halo 5 has Midship already, but I wouldn’t mind Guardian.
>
> And Rat Race? Where is that in Halo 3?

I think after Guardians they should lay off remakes for a while

If it wasn’t in halo 5 then it would be a let down since I’m sure other people want it back aswell

I would like to see this map make a come back. But in bigger and better way that meets all the Amor Abilities and Sprint.

Guardian is my favourite map of all time, along with the Pit! So definitely!

This would be perfect! In fact in someones post they took a pole of what maps should be remade and I said Guardians. It seems so perfect for the name and would look very cool. I also loved that map it was my favorite halo 3 map.

How about they just leave out Sprint, and then bring back Guardian with its original dimensions? Seems like it would be a far better idea to do that if you ask me.

yes it i would love to have to map back and maby have Tristam’s song guardian as a Easter egg:P

Only if its size remains the same and there’s no sprint. If they increase the size of the map it will affect sight lines, jumps, and virtually remove the CQC aspect of the map which has always given it that frantic pace. As an example of enlarged remakes feeling off, just look at Shutout on Halo 4, that map is much larger than the original and because of that it plays nothing like Lockout and isn’t even fun. I would hate to see Guardian, which is one of my favorite maps of all time, mutilated through scaling and turned into a mediocre map.

It would just be silly if it weren’t

Heck yeah, Guardian is one of the best small Slayer maps Halo has ever seen.