Should forge maps be able to have a pic in MM

I know in BTB we have a lot of maps made in Forge World, and not all players are familiar with the map names and it makes it annoying not knowing which map is which since you cant see a little thumbnail pic in MM.

Would anyone like an option that makes it so you can have a pic of the map similar to how you make loadout screens?

Yeah.

Yes this is one of my most hated things in Reach. Half of the maps that are played are forgeworld maps and I have no idea which one is which after playing different playlist.

Seems like the camera shot made for the loadout screen should be in the matchmaking lobby where the generic forgeworld screen is.

This would be pretty easy. Just have a “Menu Camera” forge object.

I feel like that would make things even more confusing.

> Yes this is one of my most hated things in Reach. Half of the maps that are played are forgeworld maps and I have no idea which one is which after playing different playlist.
>
> Seems like the camera shot made for the loadout screen should be in the matchmaking lobby where the generic forgeworld screen is.

Agreed.

Yes. Even people who just browse the in-game fileshares looking for cool maps to goof around on would want to get at least a glimpse of a map before downloading. It will also help good maps gain more exposure. I’m sure there have been plenty of good maps in Reach’s Forge that fell by the wayside because they failed to catch anyone’s eye (that, and the fact that they didn’t have a huge network of friends to promote the map, but that’s another issue).

> I feel like that would make things even more confusing.

Confusing? How?

> This would be pretty easy. Just have a “Menu Camera” forge object.

This is what I’ve wanted since I first seen those map pictures in Halo Reach. It’d be not only awesome, but extremely helpful for everybody.