Should Forerunner enemies be weak to plasma again?

Remember when a charged plasma pistol shot knocked a standard Sentinel out of the sky? Good times. In Halo 5, though, those Promethean Soldiers and Knights are absolute beasts that can tank so much damage. Where’s the weakness to Covenant weapons? Sentinels are the only reason I ever touch the plasma rifle on Heroic/Legendary in Halo CE, and it almost feels cheap to use the carbine against those Enforcers in Halo 2. I feel like 343 really wants players to use the hard light weapons, which is why they feel so effective against H5’s Prometheans. The problem is, those guns fun to use anyway! In Halo Infinite, the plasma vulnerability should be brought back. Now that these new Banished weapons are being added to the sandbox, I think making them Promethean (and maybe Sentinel :eyes:) killers would be the perfect opportunity to encourage players to use them.

Those forerunner enemies (sentinel/enforcer) feel like different tier of forerunner enemies. Whereas the Prometheus can be their own niche of forerunner enemy. We haven’t had to play against sentinels and enforcers much since the original trilogy.

> 2533274866906624;2:
> Those forerunner enemies (sentinel/enforcer) feel like different tier of forerunner enemies. Whereas the Prometheus can be their own niche of forerunner enemy. We haven’t had to play against sentinels and enforcers much since the original trilogy.

Agreed. If the Sentinels were built by the Builders primarily, it could make sense for them to have different strengths/weaknesses than the Promethean armigers built by the Warrior Servants.

> 2591580321307319;3:
> > 2533274866906624;2:
> > Those forerunner enemies (sentinel/enforcer) feel like different tier of forerunner enemies. Whereas the Prometheus can be their own niche of forerunner enemy. We haven’t had to play against sentinels and enforcers much since the original trilogy.
>
> Agreed. If the Sentinels were built by the Builders primarily, it could make sense for them to have different strengths/weaknesses than the Promethean armigers built by the Warrior Servants.

I have always seen the Prometheans that way, as they came from the Didact’s want to gain back the mantle. Humans had already earned the title though, so the the Didact’s last-ditch effort was to create the Prometheans.

yes because it gives you a reason to grab covenant weapons. like why would i drop a br for a carbine?

I mean I reckon they should, it’ll make plasma weapons an option to pick up again

I’ve never noticed a weakness to plasma from the big four legged Enforcers, but the Sentinels were weak to it because they relied on energy shielding. Halo 4’s Knights were weak to it because they also use shielding. However in 5 they use armor plating instead and opt to only open their face plate when you knock their wings off (which somehow also makes them immune to being run over…for some reason).

As for plasma weapons themselves, I always found myself using them against Elites in the past to kill their shields rather than waste 4 clips of BR on LASO.

> 2535411993815954;1:
> Remember when a charged plasma pistol shot knocked a standard Sentinel out of the sky? Good times. In Halo 5, though, those Promethean Soldiers and Knights are absolute beasts that can tank so much damage. Where’s the weakness to Covenant weapons? Sentinels are the only reason I ever touch the plasma rifle on Heroic/Legendary in Halo CE, and it almost feels cheap to use the carbine against those Enforcers in Halo 2. I feel like 343 really wants players to use the hard light weapons, which is why they feel so effective against H5’s Prometheans. The problem is, those guns fun to use anyway! In Halo Infinite, the plasma vulnerability should be brought back. Now that these new Banished weapons are being added to the sandbox, I think making them Promethean (and maybe Sentinel :eyes:) killers would be the perfect opportunity to encourage players to use them.

Enemies in Halo 5 have their own weaknesses if you notice them. They may not be by weapons, but they do have open glowing spots that actually do critical damage. Taking out a Knight in Halo 5 is literally just precision. Hit an orb on his side, let him expose his face, shoot it. Dead. Fail… lol goodluck ig-- hit the back

> 2533274879757912;7:
> I’ve never noticed a weakness to plasma from the big four legged Enforcers, but the Sentinels were weak to it because they relied on energy shielding. Halo 4’s Knights were weak to it because they also use shielding. However in 5 they use armor plating instead and opt to only open their face plate when you knock their wings off (which somehow also makes them immune to being run over…for some reason).

That is not completely true. Most of the Sentinels in CE actually do not have shields, and yet they are still greatly affected. In fact, I’m quite sure the only ones with shields appear towards the end of the final mission, and they are only a few. If I recall correctly, they are encountered just outside the cryo chamber, fighting against some infection forms.

> 2535439737168679;5:
> yes because it gives you a reason to grab covenant weapons. like why would i drop a br for a carbine?

> 2535428779736382;6:
> I mean I reckon they should, it’ll make plasma weapons an option to pick up again

Assuming you do like those weapons, why do you ‘need’ a specific reason to pick up or use them? Do yourself a favour and spice up your gameplay by switching up weapon usage! There is more to Halo than just battle rifle/DMR and pistol, you know.

> 2535411993815954;1:
> Remember when a charged plasma pistol shot knocked a standard Sentinel out of the sky?

Incidentally, Halo Combat Evolved’s plasma pistol overcharge is the only one that really felt impactful when used on enemies. Sentinels were completely knocked out, and all Covenant species aside from Hunters would flinch…
It even causes the human Flood combat forms to flinch, and in most cases, the Elite forms would get knocked down.

Speaking of Sentinels, I really hope both they and Enforcers return in Infinite, although honestly, we would probably be lucky just to get Sentinels.