Should ESL Halo 6 be XBOX or PC?

Hello everyone just wondering what people think including competitive players about if the comp scene should be on PC mainly or Xbox mainly. Personally I would not mind seeing controller again however I think if they want to drive infinite forward and make a lot of money the halo PC scene would be huge and bring back a lot of players. I do think however the PC scene and XBOX scene can both jointly compete via MNK as well as PC players competing in controller tournaments.

ESL, MLG & Gfinity are infant organisations. HCS & Esports Engine are the parents behind competitive Halo going forward.

Most likely competitive Halo is going to feature seperated PC & Xbox tournaments. Attempting to balance M&K and controller has been a fools game. Aim assist, bullet magnetism, red reticule range, hitscan, projectile etc. aside, the gameplay of a M&K and controller is highly different in design.

> 2533274873172929;2:
> ESL, MLG & Gfinity are infant organisations. HCS & Esports Engine are the parents behind competitive Halo going forward.
>
> Most likely competitive Halo is going to feature seperated PC & Xbox tournaments. Attempting to balance M&K and controller has been a fools game. Aim assist, bullet magnetism, red reticule range, hitscan, projectile etc. aside, the gameplay of a M&K and controller is highly different in design.

MNK on Xbox should allow for people to compete on the PC side

> 2533274957892502;3:
> > 2533274873172929;2:
> > ESL, MLG & Gfinity are infant organisations. HCS & Esports Engine are the parents behind competitive Halo going forward.
> >
> > Most likely competitive Halo is going to feature seperated PC & Xbox tournaments. Attempting to balance M&K and controller has been a fools game. Aim assist, bullet magnetism, red reticule range, hitscan, projectile etc. aside, the gameplay of a M&K and controller is highly different in design.
>
> MNK on Xbox should allow for people to compete on the PC side

No it won’t. Its not as easy as simply allowing a plug-in and the overall issue is fixed, the problem is more complex. What about processing power differences? What about graphical enhancement settings? What about field of view sliders?

The bottom line is PC players will always have the edge, input aside. The game will run better on PC overall, forcing the Xbox community to purchase PCs, which turns competition into an equipment race, and a race of who can spend more. This whole rabbit hole will literally be giving up on one of the original foundations of esports and why it is so accessible and competitive… the under dog has a chance to win and change their life etc.

ESL? Esports Engine will be running Infinite competitive.

I’d like both to be honest but if there can only be one I’d say PC, I think that would be healthier for the game.

Having cross platform competitions would be more bias in favour of PC players due to the edge they would have over console. as for whether it would be healthier for the game it’s difficult to say as the Halo Esports started with consoles, some might see it as a betrayal or merely as pandering to an audience to increase sales. Having individual divisions in each tournament for PC and Consolers respectively in a similar way most sporting events handle things.

for example martial arts tournaments having a division for the 16-18s and another for the over 18s…different circumstances but the methodology has merit.

Plus it would show equal support so that one is not favoured over the other.

> 2533274873172929;2:
> ESL, MLG & Gfinity are infant organisations. HCS & Esports Engine are the parents behind competitive Halo going forward.
>
> Most likely competitive Halo is going to feature seperated PC & Xbox tournaments. Attempting to balance M&K and controller has been a fools game. Aim assist, bullet magnetism, red reticule range, hitscan, projectile etc. aside, the gameplay of a M&K and controller is highly different in design.

ESL and MLG are infant organizations? Do you not remember the heights of H2 and H3? Do you not see how big ESL is in other games?

This opinion seems a little… off - to put it nicely.

Hard to say, though it seems that PC is the best option competitively.

> 2533274824125565;7:
> > 2533274873172929;2:
> > ESL, MLG & Gfinity are infant organisations. HCS & Esports Engine are the parents behind competitive Halo going forward.
> >
> > Most likely competitive Halo is going to feature seperated PC & Xbox tournaments. Attempting to balance M&K and controller has been a fools game. Aim assist, bullet magnetism, red reticule range, hitscan, projectile etc. aside, the gameplay of a M&K and controller is highly different in design.
>
> ESL and MLG are infant organizations? Do you not remember the heights of H2 and H3? Do you not see how big ESL is in other games?
>
> This opinion seems a little… off - to put it nicely.

Infant as in working under a parent. The Halo competitive infrastructure is a network of organizations in collaboration.

• HCS-Esports Engine (Parents) - create the events, create the competitive timelines & roadmaps, create the media front, create prize pooling balancing & financial support, create & choose balanced maps, choose balanced weapons & sandbox tools for usage etc. - MLG-Gfinity-ESL (Infants) hosts the events, player engagement and are the physical entities (the vessels) for which the vision of HCS demonstrates.

> 2533274957892502;1:
> Hello everyone just wondering what people think including competitive players about if the comp scene should be on PC mainly or Xbox mainly. Personally I would not mind seeing controller again however I think if they want to drive infinite forward and make a lot of money the halo PC scene would be huge and bring back a lot of players. I do think however the PC scene and XBOX scene can both jointly compete via MNK as well as PC players competing in controller tournaments.

how about both? you can’t exclude one platform over the other. thats how you kill games. remember street fighter?