Should Equipment Replace Armor Abilites?

I feel that in the next title armor abilities should be replaced by one-time use equipment(like from Halo 3). Thoughts?

This means that instead of spawning with an rechargeable ability, one would spawn with a piece of equipment and would have to wait for the right time and place to deploy said equipment.

Believe me when I say I wish we could resort to item pick ups like the good old days, but with an increased demand for this new style of gameplay we need to find a compromise.

YES.

I would prefer equipment, but I could accept AAs as long as they were on-map pickups like equipment was.

To be honest I don’t actually think equipment were that great of an addition to the sandbox. Just the were much better implemented when compared to AAs in there current form. But that’s not saying much.

If AAs were visible armour attachment equipment with limited use, only available from the map and dropped upon death I would actually prefer them to equipment. But if you are directly comparing Halo 3 equipment to Halo R/4 AAs then equipment is undoubtedly better.

Equipment is 100% better but if we cant have it like that then

> I would prefer equipment, but I could accept AAs as long as they were on-map pickups like equipment was.

Equipment would be better, especially now that the AAs are hard to distinguish, lacking the illumination in addition to the holograms above them.

Personally, I’d love to see the Deployable Cover become an AA in Campaign, especially if it was a copy and paste from Halo 3. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s pretty much the equivalent of a portable mancannon.

I want the Equipment/AAs in Halo 5 to have limited use and be placed on-map, but I don’t see how the “single-use” aspect of Equipment was what made them better than Armor Abilities. What would be the problem with allowing both single-use Bubble Shield and multi-use Hologram, for instance? (The Hologram could have 3 or 4 uses)

I prefer Equipment in how it is a Map Pickup Item and not part of your loadout.

Equipment needs to evolve from what we had in Halo 3, and after many dicussions with other players on this forum. A great idea we have came up with is that some of the more powerful Equipment, like Halo 3, would have a single use.

IE) Bubble Shield, Power Drainer, Trip Mine etc

But the less powerful Equipment would have multiple uses.
IE) Hologram, Thruster Pack, Etc

These would work more like AA, but after 3-5 uses, the Equipment/AA is discared and will respawn.

I also think there should be an option so you can start with Equipment and also set how many uses each equipment has. This would be great for custom games and other match making settings.

> I want the Equipment/AAs in Halo 5 to have limited use and be placed on-map, but I don’t see how the “single-use” aspect of Equipment was what made them better than Armor Abilities. What would be the problem with allowing both single-use Bubble Shield and multi-use Hologram, for instance? (The Hologram could have 3 or 4 uses)

As GHOST has said, some Equipment should have multiply uses. Not just the one.

I complete agree, and GHOST was one of the players I have been discussing ways on improving Equipment. I think this is a great evolution step from Halo 3 Equipment.

I also like to thank SWIFT for his input. As I believe he originally suggested the multiple use Equipment.

The thing that made Halo 3 Equipment so great, was that it spawned on the map. And was not a part of your loadout. Which kept Halo an Arena Shooter. By shifting Equipment to your Loadout and allowing unlimited uses (AA). It changed the game play.

AA would work just fine, if only they were map pickup only. However I like the single use or limited uses. As you have to use it smarter.

If Jetpacks aren’t removed entirely, then I want them treated like vehicles. This includes finding them on the map, getting jacked from them, and having them susceptible to EMPs from Plasma Pistols. I prefer them removed entirely, though. I also think EMP bursts should drop players out of Sprint.

-Yoink- yes they should!!! I want this Halo to ACTUALLY be an arena game just like halo 2/3

> Equipment is 100% better but if we cant have it like that then
>
>
>
>
> > I would prefer equipment, but I could accept AAs as long as they were on-map pickups like equipment was.

I don’t see any reason for why we shouldn’t have Equipment, except for that 343 simply won’t listen. The market may be in favour of easy games, which is fine. It’s just that 343 can’t approach Halo and try to make it like every other game, because Halo’s core elements doesn’t work with elements from newer games. 343 doesn’t have the experience with Halo to understand this. They have to keep the core gameplay like before but try to make it easier in other ways: Like adding a ranking system, and different kinds of tutorials.

Heavily depends on what the equipment is, as spawning with certain types of equipment could prove to be very overpowered.

And the basic issue remains, you have no idea what equipment your opponent is using. The only difference between this and armor abilities is there is a limit to the amount of times you can use it.

> Like adding a ranking system, and different kinds of tutorials.

Simple really.

Just make a training playlist that features casual elements such as AR starts, increased hp, increased cover on the map, etc.

Really don’t see why we couldn’t have both.

And having equipment doesn’t solve the issue of not knowing what the player has. All equipment really does is give one more thing to fight over.

Considering how bland most equipment was in the past people never really fought over it. It was more like “hey i’m already here so i might as well.”

Ramir3z has a GREAT idea! They could make octagon maps with every weapon laid out, there could be large snipe only maps, melee maps similar to Grifball but without the bomb…I really like that idea. I vote to call it The Danger Room.

> Really don’t see why we couldn’t have both.
>
> And having equipment doesn’t solve the issue of not knowing what the player has. All equipment really does is give one more thing to fight over.
>
> Considering how bland most equipment was in the past people never really fought over it. It was more like “hey i’m already here so i might as well.”

If you play Halo 3 on The Pit and see a player S2 (The Sniper Tower), then it is almost gauranteed that the player has a Regenerator (Because S2 is the spawn location of the Regenerator).

Equipment were both counters and enchanters to Power Weapons and Positions. I always pick them up.

If a player has the rocket on Epitaph he also wanna get the bubble shield before the other team gets it. Or else they can use it to counter him and make him blowup himself.

Another example is the sword or shotgun especially. You don’t want a player to grab the Regenerator if he has the sword, so you would try to get it yourself first.

> > Really don’t see why we couldn’t have both.
> >
> > And having equipment doesn’t solve the issue of not knowing what the player has. All equipment really does is give one more thing to fight over.
> >
> > Considering how bland most equipment was in the past people never really fought over it. It was more like “hey i’m already here so i might as well.”
>
> If you play Halo 3 on The Pit and see a player S2 (The Sniper Tower), then it is almost gauranteed that the player has a Regenerator (Because S2 is the spawn location of the Regenerator).
>
> Equipment were both counters and enchanters to Power Weapons and Positions. I always pick them up.

The regenerator is on the way to sniper tower. .-. This one instance doesn’t destroy my point. It actually adds to it.

> > > Really don’t see why we couldn’t have both.
> > >
> > > And having equipment doesn’t solve the issue of not knowing what the player has. All equipment really does is give one more thing to fight over.
> > >
> > > Considering how bland most equipment was in the past people never really fought over it. It was more like “hey i’m already here so i might as well.”
> >
> > If you play Halo 3 on The Pit and see a player S2 (The Sniper Tower), then it is almost gauranteed that the player has a Regenerator (Because S2 is the spawn location of the Regenerator).
> >
> > Equipment were both counters and enchanters to Power Weapons and Positions. I always pick them up.
>
> The regenerator is on the way to sniper tower. .-. This one instance doesn’t destroy my point. It actually adds to it.

The regenerator is on the top of the Sniper Tower.

Nothing of what I said adds to what you say in a positive way. It’s easy to see when a player picks up an equipment (Considering you know the spawn of it) and when they would want to get one. They are extremely usefull and should always be picked up (Not: I am already here so I might as well).

> > > > Really don’t see why we couldn’t have both.
> > > >
> > > > And having equipment doesn’t solve the issue of not knowing what the player has. All equipment really does is give one more thing to fight over.
> > > >
> > > > Considering how bland most equipment was in the past people never really fought over it. It was more like “hey i’m already here so i might as well.”
> > >
> > > If you play Halo 3 on The Pit and see a player S2 (The Sniper Tower), then it is almost gauranteed that the player has a Regenerator (Because S2 is the spawn location of the Regenerator).
> > >
> > > Equipment were both counters and enchanters to Power Weapons and Positions. I always pick them up.
> >
> > The regenerator is on the way to sniper tower. .-. This one instance doesn’t destroy my point. It actually adds to it.
>
> The regenerator is on the top of the Sniper Tower.
>
> Nothing of what I said adds to what you say in a positive way. It’s easy to see when a player picks up an equipment (Considering you know the spawn of it) and when they would want to get one. They are extremely usefull and should always be picked up (Not: I am already here so I might as well).

Whatever man. In order for me to know what someone has they would have to use it OR i’d have to be where it spawns. But all that does is tell me that it’s been picked up not who has it.

My point is i could be fighting top middle on narrows and that player could throw a drainer or jammer at me and there is no way for me to know he has it unless he uses it. Just like AA’s.

It added to my point in that a person who travels to sniper tower to pick up sniper will probably also have regen because it’s there. I have not once in my years of halo 3 heard anyone state that they were going out of their way to nab equipment like they would state when running for a power weapon.

I’m not saying they are not useful. But they certainly are not better then AA’s. AA’s are superior in every way. The biggest reason i see for a calling back to equipment is because they are on the map. Which some how makes them better then AA’s.

> > > > > Really don’t see why we couldn’t have both.
> > > > >
> > > > > And having equipment doesn’t solve the issue of not knowing what the player has. All equipment really does is give one more thing to fight over.
> > > > >
> > > > > Considering how bland most equipment was in the past people never really fought over it. It was more like “hey i’m already here so i might as well.”
> > > >
> > > > If you play Halo 3 on The Pit and see a player S2 (The Sniper Tower), then it is almost gauranteed that the player has a Regenerator (Because S2 is the spawn location of the Regenerator).
> > > >
> > > > Equipment were both counters and enchanters to Power Weapons and Positions. I always pick them up.
> > >
> > > The regenerator is on the way to sniper tower. .-. This one instance doesn’t destroy my point. It actually adds to it.
> >
> > The regenerator is on the top of the Sniper Tower.
> >
> > Nothing of what I said adds to what you say in a positive way. It’s easy to see when a player picks up an equipment (Considering you know the spawn of it) and when they would want to get one. They are extremely usefull and should always be picked up (Not: I am already here so I might as well).
>
>
> <mark>Whatever man. In order for me to know what someone has they would have to use it OR i’d have to be where it spawns. But all that does is tell me that it’s been picked up not who has it.</mark>
> <mark>My point is i could be fighting top middle on narrows and that player could throw a drainer or jammer at me and there is no way for me to know he has it unless he uses it. Just like AA’s.</mark>
>
> It added to my point in that a person who travels to sniper tower to pick up sniper will probably also have regen because it’s there. I have not once in my years of halo 3 heard anyone state that they were going out of their way to nab equipment like they would state when running for a power weapon.
>
> I’m not saying they are not useful. But they certainly are not better then AA’s. AA’s are superior in every way. The biggest reason i see for a calling back to equipment is because they are on the map. Which some how makes them better then AA’s.

They are superior to AA’s because they are not random. If played right you know when a player has them, and what kind of equipment he has (And if you are unsure you will have to expect him to have one and counter him as he has one)).

You don’t always necessarily know when a player has a weapon either (When they are pick up), and if you doesn’t know, it’s your fault, just like with equipment.

You can expect someone to have an equipment if they have been at the equipment spawn, or they have a weapon that could easily be supported by the equipment or that you have a weapon that is easily countered by the equipment. You can also get call outs from teammates.

Anything can happen when people has Armor Abilities and there is no way to expect anything.

<mark>“I have not once in my years of halo 3 heard anyone state that they were going out of their way to nab equipment like they would state when running for a power weapon.”</mark>

Which means you haven’t played high leveled Halo 3 gameplay.

If someone or you have the rocket, grab the bubble. Other equipment and weapons offer other strategies.