Should Elites be playable?

No leaked info, just a general question?

Would you be MAD if you didn’t have the choice to play as an elite? I mean, you have been playing as an elite since Halo 2.

Please discuss

I don’t see a reason why Elites shouldn’t be playable, even if it’s for custom games.

> I don’t see a reason why Elites shouldn’t be playable, even if it’s for custom games.

According to recent information, Elites WON’T be in Halo multiplayer at all. I think it is really a disappointment.

> > I don’t see a reason why Elites shouldn’t be playable, even if it’s for custom games.
>
> According to recent information, Elites WON’T be in Halo multiplayer at all. I think it is really a disappointment.

Those leaks are fake, the pics are real, but the guy edited the writing when he scan it. I can do it myself, it is very easy.

yes they should even though i dont use them

IF Humans and Elites were in an Alliance, then I see no reason why they wouldn’t have their own joint Spec-Ops, such as Spartan VI’s with some really good Elites; then they could all ‘train’ on the Infinity and Elites could be in matchmaking.
I for one will be disappointed if they aren’t, even if it was just for custom games it would be good.

Looking through everything I keep seeing the words “competitive multiplayer” repeated. This is also used when connected to Elites being unplayable, since the quote mentions here that competitive multiplayer focuses upon Spartan IVs and seems to do so for story reasons.

Just hoping here that there’s a “Non-competitive Multiplayer” with Elites. Maybe in unranked playlists or something that don’t use the armor upgrades where the balance issues caused by distinct hitboxes wouldn’t be considered as important.

Who knows?

> IF Humans and Elites were in an Alliance, then I see no reason why they wouldn’t have their own joint Spec-Ops, such as Spartan VI’s with some really good Elites; then they could all ‘train’ on the Infinity and Elites could be in matchmaking.
> I for one will be disappointed if they aren’t, even if it was just for custom games it would be good.

WTF

It is multiplayer, it shouldn’t be canon, that is the entire point of Multiplayer.

This is what 343i is trying to do. Dear God, I don;t see the big deal in letting us have Elites, we have had them since Halo 2, 343i is going backwards in areas they need to go forwards instead of making Halo: cod.

why should they put more effort into creating all new assasinations for something not very meny people use? when they could be working on making the spartian gameplay

who gives two -Yoink-, playable elites is the least of Halo 4s worries.

I don’t really see the difference of playing as an Elite. It’s not like you can see your character while playing. If anything, it’s much more annoying to other people as Elites are really annoying to headshot.

Features should never, EVER be taken out of sequels. Tweaked, maybe, but deleted?

HELL TO THE YES!! They look even better in Halo 4 too.

I personally don’t play as them much if ever, but I enjoy playing with them or against them. I loved that in Halo 3 and even when I play Reach (sort of). Elites have become an important part of Halo.

I like Elites, but I won’t mind them not being in multiplayer. Allows for more focus on Spartans.

I dont like the look of the new designs for the armour, it shows too much skin.

Could I have a link to these pictures please

They should be playable it would be a step back words to take them out.

> > IF Humans and Elites were in an Alliance, then I see no reason why they wouldn’t have their own joint Spec-Ops, such as Spartan VI’s with some really good Elites; then they could all ‘train’ on the Infinity and Elites could be in matchmaking.
> > I for one will be disappointed if they aren’t, even if it was just for custom games it would be good.
>
> WTF
>
> It is multiplayer, it shouldn’t be canon, that is the entire point of Multiplayer.
>
> This is what 343i is trying to do. Dear God, I don;t see the big deal in letting us have Elites, we have had them since Halo 2, 343i is going backwards in areas they need to go forwards instead of making Halo: cod.

343 have already said that they wanted Multiplayer to have more canon in it, so I was just giving my opinion to that statement, because unless Elites are now enemies to Humanity, I don’t see a canonical reason why they should not be in multiplayer.

Machinima reasons?