Should dual-wielding be brought back?

I for one… very much enjoyed it. Picking up the SMG/Pistol combo in halo 2 was great fun!

Yep, I loved duel-wielding.

YES

The canonical reason for no dual-wielding in Reach is that they are S-III’s and their armour, so it should be back in 4 because you are playing as Master Chief.

I would love to see a return to dual wielding. Thing is though, they should try to give it some changes to make it more interesting, and more useful.

For one I think they need to make it so when you are dual wielding and you want to switch to say… your AR, you keep both of the weapons you were using on your person. One on your right leg, and the other on your left.

I’m sure they could come up with other ways to make it better as well.

Also, Dual Magnums FTW!

If they do I prefer they implement it differently, the way it worked in Halo 2 and 3 wasn’t very beneficial to gameplay.

> I would love to see a return to dual wielding. Thing is though, they should try to give it some changes to make it more interesting, and more useful.
>
> For one I think they need to make it so when you are dual wielding and you want to switch to say… your AR, you keep both of the weapons you were using on your person. One on your right leg, and the other on your left.
>
> I’m sure they could come up with other ways to make it better as well.
>
> Also, Dual Magnums FTW!

This. Halo 2/Halo 3 you had to drop weapons when you switched. Apparently Master Chief only has one leg capable of support the weight of any given weapon.

It would be much needed improvement and it be seamless though i wonder if it would become unbalanced :stuck_out_tongue:

To further that idea, not dropping your off hand weapon when you melee?

Yes please.

> If they do I prefer they implement it differently, the way it worked in Halo 2 and 3 wasn’t very beneficial to gameplay.

Can you elaborate a little?

In multiplayer it wasn’t very beneficial damage wise but it was still a fun playstyle.

I would like to see it come back, but I’m not going to be upset if its not in the game.

It better come back.

Well it wouldn’t make sense if dual weilding wasn’t, unless when the master chief received his armor upgrade through nanotechnology or something it disabled his ability to dual wield. I would love for dual weilding to be upgraded in some sort of way.

I personally do not care to see the return of dual wielding as I feel it doesn’t have a positive impact on competitive play.
I do however support it wholeheartedly because of the casual appeal, and the fact that it really doesn’t affect gameplay for the worse. So if tradeoffs have to be made, might as well be in the form of dual weilding.

> The canonical reason for no dual-wielding in Reach is that they are S-III’s and their armour, so it should be back in 4 because you are playing as Master Chief.

Technically the canonical reason is that the Mark V computer can’t keep track of two weapons. Why Bungie decided to try and make a canon reason for there being no dual wielding in Halo 1 is beyond me.

> The canonical reason for no dual-wielding in Reach is that they are S-III’s and their armour.

I think even S3’s could hold 2 weapons at once when they can hold one with both hands. You do know that the S3’s in Reach(Noble Team/Multiplayer) have Mark V armor.It’s mostly just a gameplay thing really.

> I for one… very much enjoyed it. Picking up the SMG/Pistol combo in halo 2 was great fun!

I loved dual wielding. I find many uses for it too. Need to defend the flag on Standoff? SMG and Mauler combo! Close quarters fights? SMG and SMG or Plasma Rifle combo! Somewhat ranged headshot weapon that works in all sorts of ranges? Magnum and SMG/Plasma Rifle/Spiker. So many uses! I’ve out BR’d and Carbined people by dual wielding a Magnum with a Magnum!

Hell yes it should come back!

> > The canonical reason for no dual-wielding in Reach is that they are S-III’s and their armour, so it should be back in 4 because you are playing as Master Chief.
>
> Technically the canonical reason is that the Mark V computer can’t keep track of two weapons. Why Bungie decided to try and make a canon reason for there being no dual wielding in Halo 1 is beyond me.

Perhaps but do note Noble Team does use highly customized variants of the Mark V armor. I don’t think a Spartans ability to use two guns at once is limited by a computer. Even if the computer couldn’t track the off hand weapon, the Spartan would be able to compensate no problem.

I mean haha it be quite silly and liability in battle if valuable assets such as the Spartans were incapable of dual wielding without targeting assistance.

> > > The canonical reason for no dual-wielding in Reach is that they are S-III’s and their armour, so it should be back in 4 because you are playing as Master Chief.
> >
> > Technically the canonical reason is that the Mark V computer can’t keep track of two weapons. Why Bungie decided to try and make a canon reason for there being no dual wielding in Halo 1 is beyond me.
>
> Perhaps but do note Noble Team does use highly customized variants of the Mark V armor. I don’t think a Spartans ability to use two guns at once is limited by a computer. Even if the computer couldn’t track the off hand weapon, the Spartan would be able to compensate no problem.
>
> I mean haha it be quite silly and liability in battle if valuable assets such as the Spartans were incapable of dual wielding without targeting assistance.

Oh I agree. I always thought that was a piss poor attempt to make a canon reason for something that didn’t need one. The real reason there was no dual wielding in Halo 1 is because Bungie hadn’t thought of it yet.

Dual-wielding should be brought back, with the propositions made by the other two people above me that you keep both weapons when you switch to your secondary, with the melee also keeping both weapons held.

But, more importantly, dual-wielding can’t interfere with each weapon’s effectiveness while being used by themselves. This was a big deterrent to dual-wieldable weapons in Halo 2-3; it made the weapons by themselves a lot weaker. Weapons should be their normal power by themselves, and should be weakened by a small amount when dual-wielded; this way, dual-wielding becomes a tactical exploitation rather than a firepower exploitation, but also doesn’t negate a single-wielded, dual-wieldable weapon’s usefulness.

Yes.