should custom games have a voting system

I think it would be cool to have a voting system like matchmaking’s for custom games.
Here are a few of my ideas. These would be for the party leader.

1. After a game, the players could vote if they liked the map or gametype and possibly give a review/ideas for it. Ex: 3 players disliked the map—5 players disliked the gametype—4 reviews, this would be out of say 12 players.

2. Maybe a “players prefer” option for the leader. Ex: 7 players like slayer, 3 players like race, 4 players like infection, 1 player likes oddball. There would have to be a time limit or your vote is final after a game so the voting isn’t crazy.

3. This would tie into the second idea. What about a notification that a particular player would like to try a map/gametype. Ex: ShapelessHorr0r would like to try a infection map [or gametype]

You would be able to access this information, vote, give a review, or recommend a map/gametype by pressing a button. This will help with the voting instead of of the confusion of different accents, mic problems, or immature kids screaming.

I brought this up because of the influx of crappy maps and/or gametypes made by dumb forgers.

If you like this idea and have a alternative, feel free to post.

The alternative is to simply play the game. Customs don’t need a system so that everyone gets to play what they want, you just do it that way- y’know, it called being courteous.

That being said, a queue for multiple games in a row might be nice for casual tourneys.

I liked the queue idea, and maybe you’re right about 2 and 3 but I hold my ground at 1.

But when this would be implemented is when terrible maps are being used. Like the other day this kid made us play a infection custom game where it was in the hanger, multi leveled map. Sounds good right, but at the very top there was an armory of snipers, rocket launchers, and other stuff. The zombies had no shields while the “survivors” had shotguns and DMRs. At the end around 8 of the living were uninfected.

If you don’t believe me, search his gt: [REDACTED] in the file browser. They are called AREA maps [the COD ones aren’t too bad just check the others].

Edited by Moderator - Please do not call out others.

I just want some way of searching and joining active custom games. I hate having to wait until some friends are doing it, and when I host, no one joins.

I feel ya Ant9

The problem is that while people with good maps can use votes to usurp control from a bad leader, a guy with bad maps and a few friends to invite can do the same thing to a good leader.

If the vote is merely advisory – notifying the party leader that a few people want a specific person to be promoted – then that could be useful, but if the person that is voted for would be forcibly promoted to party leader by the game, that’d be problematic.

> I think it would be cool to have a voting system like matchmaking’s for custom games.
> Here are a few of my ideas. These would be for the party leader.
>
> 1. After a game, the players could vote if they liked the map or gametype and possibly give a review/ideas for it. Ex: 3 players disliked the map—5 players disliked the gametype—4 reviews, this would be out of say 12 players.
>
> 2. Maybe a “players prefer” option for the leader. Ex: 7 players like slayer, 3 players like race, 4 players like infection, 1 player likes oddball. There would have to be a time limit or your vote is final after a game so the voting isn’t crazy.
>
> 3. This would tie into the second idea. What about a notification that a particular player would like to try a map/gametype. Ex: ShapelessHorr0r would like to try a infection map [or gametype]
>
> You would be able to access this information, vote, give a review, or recommend a map/gametype by pressing a button. This will help with the voting instead of of the confusion of different accents, mic problems, or immature kids screaming.
>
> I brought this up because of the influx of crappy maps and/or gametypes made by dumb forgers.
>
> If you like this idea and have a alternative, feel free to post.

I posted an alternative a while ago, where a Host could have the option to offer a couple of different gametypes and the lobby could vote on which one they wanted. This would make a good idea for halo 4. Bit late to do it for reach. It was amongst other ideas for custom games. Not sure how long ago and I really don’t want to browse through the forum to find it.

cool ideas, do yall like custom games

> The problem is that while people with good maps can use votes to usurp control from a bad leader, a guy with bad maps and a few friends to invite can do the same thing to a good leader.
>
> If the vote is merely advisory – notifying the party leader that a few people want a specific person to be promoted – then that could be useful, but if the person that is voted for would be forcibly promoted to party leader by the game, that’d be problematic.

Umm, actually think about it this way: The ability to allow voting is the hosts choice to begin with. And secondly the host puts up what maps to be voted on for play, that way it is still the hosts choice on what is available, but the lobbies choice as to which option to play.

> cool ideas, do yall like custom games

Damn straight. Love customs. I make mini games in forge for customs. I’m running low on ideas at the moment though.