Should COD style emblem creation tools be in Halo?

(Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in this) Throughout halo 3, reach, and 4 you were able to put together different types of shapes to make an emblem that has a background, mid-ground, and foreground so you could have your own cool emblem. In Halo Infinite I personally think you should be able to make a completely custom emblem using different premade shapes kind of like call of duty, for example you could make a background with some simple shapes like triangles, circles, etc, that kind of has a resemblance of a hillside and then you could add a sword and a br on the sides. This is just an idea but I think it would add to the game and make people use their creativity to make something new!

> 2535456893137952;1:
> (Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in this) Throughout halo 3, reach, and 4 you were able to put together different types of shapes to make an emblem that has a background, mid-ground, and foreground so you could have your own cool emblem. In Halo Infinite I personally think you should be able to make a completely custom emblem using different premade shapes kind of like call of duty, for example you could make a background with some simple shapes like triangles, circles, etc, that kind of has a resemblance of a hillside and then you could add a sword and a br on the sides. This is just an idea but I think it would add to the game and make people use their creativity to make something new!

I am all for this, as I’d like to be able to do that myself, but I can see alot of people abusing the power in it though. Like making extremely offensive symbols, words, etc… I’d say that’s why Halo’s emblems have always been how they are.

> 2533274807375329;2:
> > 2535456893137952;1:
> > (Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in this) Throughout halo 3, reach, and 4 you were able to put together different types of shapes to make an emblem that has a background, mid-ground, and foreground so you could have your own cool emblem. In Halo Infinite I personally think you should be able to make a completely custom emblem using different premade shapes kind of like call of duty, for example you could make a background with some simple shapes like triangles, circles, etc, that kind of has a resemblance of a hillside and then you could add a sword and a br on the sides. This is just an idea but I think it would add to the game and make people use their creativity to make something new!
>
> I am all for this, as I’d like to be able to do that myself, but I can see alot of people abusing the power in it though. Like making extremely offensive symbols, words, etc… I’d say that’s why Halo’s emblems have always been how they are.

Maybe there could be a sorta emblem reporting system where the emblems would be reviewed by 343 and if something is wrong with them then they will be forced to use basic emblems made by 343 as a punishment?

> 2535456893137952;3:
> > 2533274807375329;2:
> > > 2535456893137952;1:
> > > (Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in this) Throughout halo 3, reach, and 4 you were able to put together different types of shapes to make an emblem that has a background, mid-ground, and foreground so you could have your own cool emblem. In Halo Infinite I personally think you should be able to make a completely custom emblem using different premade shapes kind of like call of duty, for example you could make a background with some simple shapes like triangles, circles, etc, that kind of has a resemblance of a hillside and then you could add a sword and a br on the sides. This is just an idea but I think it would add to the game and make people use their creativity to make something new!
> >
> > I am all for this, as I’d like to be able to do that myself, but I can see alot of people abusing the power in it though. Like making extremely offensive symbols, words, etc… I’d say that’s why Halo’s emblems have always been how they are.
>
> Maybe there could be a sorta emblem reporting system where the emblems would be reviewed by 343 and if something is wrong with them then they will be forced to use basic emblems made by 343 as a punishment?

That’s actually pretty brilliant! So long as an actual human team reviews them. We also face a rampant problem of people reporting people, for not reason, other than they got beat by them. I suggest a counter ban system, for false reporters too :grin:… He whom false reports, gets a ban twice as bad as the original reported lol!

Well, if it can be done then why not, I approve of creative freedom in games but there are always some to get their -Yoink!- in a bunch about anything even seemingly vaguely related to something & the problem of creating prohibited content in relation to the rating of the game, like something resembling nudity for example.
But even if there is a report &/or approval system it will still be quite an amount of work for little gain so I view it as understandable if it’s not implemented in games with lower rating.
And to clarify a separate approval system, it means sending created emblem to be approved before being able to use it online, this could be added to pool of pre-approved emblems where players could choose emblems that other people have created which have been approved before.
Though this means it would be necessary to “free” the emblem creation on ladt update or the ability to create online emblems would be lost for that game.

> 2535456893137952;3:
> > 2533274807375329;2:
> > > 2535456893137952;1:
> > > (Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in this) Throughout halo 3, reach, and 4 you were able to put together different types of shapes to make an emblem that has a background, mid-ground, and foreground so you could have your own cool emblem. In Halo Infinite I personally think you should be able to make a completely custom emblem using different premade shapes kind of like call of duty, for example you could make a background with some simple shapes like triangles, circles, etc, that kind of has a resemblance of a hillside and then you could add a sword and a br on the sides. This is just an idea but I think it would add to the game and make people use their creativity to make something new!
> >
> > I am all for this, as I’d like to be able to do that myself, but I can see alot of people abusing the power in it though. Like making extremely offensive symbols, words, etc… I’d say that’s why Halo’s emblems have always been how they are.
>
> Maybe there could be a sorta emblem reporting system where the emblems would be reviewed by 343 and if something is wrong with them then they will be forced to use basic emblems made by 343 as a punishment?

That’s not how it works. There are bots because no one wants to sit down and review thousands of emblems every day. That’s tedious, boring and unnecessary. It’s essentially torture, and maybe even mentally harmful.
EDIT: Maybe someone can explain it better than I can, but I hope I explained that developers aren’t dumb AI.

No. For all the reasons mentioned above, no.

Giving people the freedom to be creative also gives people the freedom to be idiots. Sometimes it is worth it if one has to actively seek out the content to see it, and there is a big pay-off from allowing people to be creative, as is the case with Forge. But in the case of emblems, the benefit is minimal, but if you make an offensive or inappropriate emblem, everyone you play with is forced to see it.

Creating a review system to get around inappropriate content is a waste of people’s time. A manual review system would mean a hopelessly overworked team of minimum wage workers (outsourced; you wouldn’t waste anyone whose time is worth anything on this) being forced to look at offensive emblems all day. Such a job is harmful to mental health by the sole monotony and meaninglessness of it, let alone having to look at the lowest forms of human creativity all day long. It is not worth anyone’s mental health just so you can show a bit of personal flair in some video game.

Not to mention, if you don’t make it entirely approval based, you will still subject people to all the junk, which mostly defeats the purpose of having anything set up in the first place.

No, the downsides here completely outweigh the upsides. The present system is sufficient.

> 2533274825830455;7:
> No. For all the reasons mentioned above, no.
>
> Giving people the freedom to be creative also gives people the freedom to be idiots. Sometimes it is worth it if one has to actively seek out the content to see it, and there is a big pay-off from allowing people to be creative, as is the case with Forge. But in the case of emblems, the benefit is minimal, but if you make an offensive or inappropriate emblem, everyone you play with is forced to see it.
>
> Creating a review system to get around inappropriate content is a waste of people’s time. A manual review system would mean a hopelessly overworked team of minimum wage workers (outsourced; you wouldn’t waste anyone whose time is worth anything on this) being forced to look at offensive emblems all day. Such a job is harmful to mental health by the sole monotony and meaninglessness of it, let alone having to look at the lowest forms of human creativity all day long. It is not worth anyone’s mental health just so you can show a bit of personal flair in some video game.
>
> Not to mention, if you don’t make it entirely approval based, you will still subject people to all the junk, which mostly defeats the purpose of having anything set up in the first place.
>
> No, the downsides here completely outweigh the upsides. The present system is sufficient.

Well said. The freedom to be idiots lol :joy::joy:

I mean, they could add this in and just let people do what they want and expect people not freak out at them if there is an offensive emblem too, if the game ends up being 18+ then I think that adults would possibly be mature enough to accept the fact that some people will have offensive or inappropriate emblems, just a thought. (If cod can pull it off I think halo could too)

> 2535456893137952;1:
> (Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in this) Throughout halo 3, reach, and 4 you were able to put together different types of shapes to make an emblem that has a background, mid-ground, and foreground so you could have your own cool emblem. In Halo Infinite I personally think you should be able to make a completely custom emblem using different premade shapes kind of like call of duty, for example you could make a background with some simple shapes like triangles, circles, etc, that kind of has a resemblance of a hillside and then you could add a sword and a br on the sides. This is just an idea but I think it would add to the game and make people use their creativity to make something new!

Hard to see a copy idea to Infinite

> 2535456893137952;9:
> I mean, they could add this in and just let people do what they want and expect people not freak out at them if there is an offensive emblem too, if the game ends up being 18+ then I think that adults would possibly be mature enough to accept the fact that some people will have offensive or inappropriate emblems, just a thought. (If cod can pull it off I think halo could too)

Being mature doesn’t mean being willing to tolerate other people’s immaturity and stupidity. And nobody should have to just to play a game they like.