Should Assault Rifles be made less common in multiplayer?

Now, if you are a Halo player that is good at the game, has experience with the older Halo games, and basically isn’t a noob, then you probably do these things.
-Strafe
-Work with your team
-Pick your fights
-Use the magnum or DMR over the AR

I am good at Halo, but not Really good. I play smart, strafe, pick my fights well, and work well with my team. As a player with some idea of what he is doing, nothing makes me more upset when everyone in the game runs around with Assault rifles when we have the options of DMR’s and Magnums.
The problem is, most of the people that play Halo now are complete garbage. I rarely find a good player online except in the MLG playlist. The Assault Rifle is a noob gun, and it lacks power, accuracy, precision, range and it isn’t even fun to use. The magnum is a skillfull weapon that has acuracy, power, range, is satisfying to kill with, and has a good firerate. I can kill much faster with a magnum than with an AR.
So what is he point of an AR when you have a much better weapon that isn’t too powerful? My guess is that bungie wanted to get more players in Reach by making it more accesible to awfull players. Many veteran Halo players quit Reach because of the really bad players. But if the AR was removed, maybe these players could learn how to play. Killing would also be much more satisfying since you had to work harder to do it.
If the players on Reach weren’t so bad, many old Halo fans would be very happy and hopefully they would be more encouraged to play Reach. Of course, this could have all been avoided if there was a true skill ranking system. Most people probably won’t want the AR removed since the majority of the Halo population is made up of players that just run at you without trying to avoid your shots.
343, you have the power to do this. You would make many of the older Halo fans play Reach more often. With the magnum as a primary, noobs will learn how to aim. All the other things that make Halo Reach noob friendly should be removed. The noobs would learn how to play and the old time Halo fans would be very happy that they don’t have to play with their friends to have fun since the randoms would be descent at the game.

The AR is a Halo staple and if you started playing Halo with Halo CE back in 2001 you would know this. The AR is fine. IF you die by it then good for the other guy that killed you. I use the DMR mostly but I will switch over at close range.

Solution: Plasma Pistol becomes primary in all competitive Gametypes.

^lol
Actually, PPs should replace normal pistols in zombies…makes more sense. But sorta Off T.
No, i like the AR. much funner for close range then the DMR is. I just wish they would nearly completely remove the melee lunge so close range was based off of shooting instead of a punch fest.

Well, having it removed altogether from Halo I guess wouldn’t be good. I did use the Halo 1 AR. But I think that it just should be made a little less common. Preferably not as a primary, but as a pickup weapon.

> The AR is a Halo staple and if you started playing Halo with Halo CE back in 2001 you would know this. The AR is fine. IF you die by it then good for the other guy that killed you. I use the DMR mostly but I will switch over at close range.

I dont feel the same way as the OP, yeah the AR isnt the most skilled weapon to use but it still can be fun and is an iconic Halo symbol, it would be like taking out the plasma pistol or the magnum (in my opinion) so I think your wrong in saying that older Halo fans would be happy because of this. I think someone just got mad because to many people with the AR were killing him :stuck_out_tongue:

I forgot to say this but I’m not talking about removing the AR altogether, but just not making it a weapon that you spawn with.

> Now, if you are a Halo player that is good at the game, has experience with the older Halo games, and basically isn’t a noob, then you probably do these things.
> -Strafe
> -Work with your team
> -Pick your fights
> -Use the magnum or DMR over the AR
>
> I am good at Halo, but not Really good. I play smart, strafe, pick my fights well, and work well with my team. As a player with some idea of what he is doing, nothing makes me more upset when everyone in the game runs around with Assault rifles when we have the options of DMR’s and Magnums.
> The problem is, most of the people that play Halo now are complete garbage. I rarely find a good player online except in the MLG playlist. The Assault Rifle is a noob gun, and it lacks power, accuracy, precision, range and it isn’t even fun to use. The magnum is a skillfull weapon that has acuracy, power, range, is satisfying to kill with, and has a good firerate. I can kill much faster with a magnum than with an AR.
> So what is he point of an AR when you have a much better weapon that isn’t too powerful? My guess is that bungie wanted to get more players in Reach by making it more accesible to awfull players. Many veteran Halo players quit Reach because of the really bad players. But if the AR was removed, maybe these players could learn how to play. Killing would also be much more satisfying since you had to work harder to do it.
> If the players on Reach weren’t so bad, many old Halo fans would be very happy and hopefully they would be more encouraged to play Reach. Of course, this could have all been avoided if there was a true skill ranking system. Most people probably won’t want the AR removed since the majority of the Halo population is made up of players that just run at you without trying to avoid your shots.
> 343, you have the power to do this. You would make many of the older Halo fans play Reach more often. With the magnum as a primary, noobs will learn how to aim. All the other things that make Halo Reach noob friendly should be removed. The noobs would learn how to play and the old time Halo fans would be very happy that they don’t have to play with their friends to have fun since the randoms would be descent at the game.

In my opinion it is a good weapon to start with along with the DMR, It makes you have a choice between long range and close range. once again just my opinion

> I dont feel the same way as the OP, yeah the AR isnt the most skilled weapon to use but it still can be fun and is an iconic Halo symbol, it would be like taking out the plasma pistol or the magnum (in my opinion) so I think your wrong in saying that older Halo fans would be happy because of this. I think someone just got mad because to many people with the AR were killing him :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t actualy have many AR people killing me except when I get teamed up on. And when I say removing the AR, I guess that isn’t the only thing. I just think that bungie added to many noob friendly things like AA’s to bring in lesser skilled players. The AR being primary was just one of the bigger ones. I think that they had good intentions, but it isn’t fun for the old fans. I don’t really care to much about the other team using the AR, its more when my own team uses it. They make it harder to win because they don’t know what they are doing. I mean, I have people trying to shoot across the map with AR’s and not hitting anything when they could kill them at ranges with DMR’s or magnums. Also, Ar users are to easy to kill in 1v1 duels in game. It kind of gets rid of some challenge, making the game slightly less fun.

I think the best Spawn load out would be NEEDLE RIFLE and AR. Because it takes more hits with the NR then the DMR, and you would have a nice back up for CQC. Plus the NR promotes team shooting because of the no shield super combine.

Ok my aplogize I think I see what your saying now, but yes it is some what of a noob friendly weapon when people are trying to shoot across the map, but that is when you have to pick up there lack of skill, and also the AR can come handy in 1v1 battle, I have seen were people some how manage to some what straf with it, but hey it is also fun, and I am a hardcore loving Halo fan, read most novels, and been with the series since Halo: CE (Halo is the only game I will play).

> > I dont feel the same way as the OP, yeah the AR isnt the most skilled weapon to use but it still can be fun and is an iconic Halo symbol, it would be like taking out the plasma pistol or the magnum (in my opinion) so I think your wrong in saying that older Halo fans would be happy because of this. I think someone just got mad because to many people with the AR were killing him :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I don’t actualy have many AR people killing me except when I get teamed up on. And when I say removing the AR, I guess that isn’t the only thing. I just think that bungie added to many noob friendly things like AA’s to bring in lesser skilled players. The AR being primary was just one of the bigger ones. I think that they had good intentions, but it isn’t fun for the old fans. I don’t really care to much about the other team using the AR, its more when my own team uses it. They make it harder to win because they don’t know what they are doing. I mean, I have people trying to shoot across the map with AR’s and not hitting anything when they could kill them at ranges with DMR’s or magnums. Also, Ar users are to easy to kill in 1v1 duels in game. It kind of gets rid of some challenge, making the game slightly less fun.

I like being a noob with the ar, and personally I find that slayer AR matches are more fun a you don’t get crossmapped from your spawn, and it makes a larger proportion of the sandbox more usefull (eg shotgun, needle rifles, focus rifles etc.)