should armor lock return...for the ai?

i was playing reach campaign the other day and suddenly a brute armor locked when i was shooting at it and it totally caught me off guard. i had totally forgotten the elites/brutes could armor lock. kinda made me realize how much more interesting and fleshed out the covenant enimies were in reach then halo 4. obviously if i find armor lock in halo 5 matchmaking ill return my copy as fast as the next guy, but should the elites/brutes be able to pull armor lock in campaign? it might make them more interesting/challenging foes again. i suspect the Prometheans will keep their various abilities despite aa’s being removed in halo 5.
in reach all brutes and elite generals and ultras (i believe?) could armor lock. i think it would be cool if generals, chieftains and maybe brute majors/elite ultras could al in future halo’s, tho brute minors using al was a bit much imo. makes splattering them too risky. also should skirmishers (or jackals) be able to hologram like skirmishers could in reach?

No.

Crazy.

i should have put an option to give armor lock to grunts in the poll
(jk, i would srsly eject+burn the disk if that actually happened)

I found ALs more annoying than anything else. Kinda like mid-combat teleports.

“Oh, you’re about to kill me? Nope.”

> I found ALs more annoying than anything else. Kinda like mid-combat teleports.
>
> “Oh, you’re about to kill me? Nope.”

yeah i got that feel sometimes too tbh (from both al and teleports) if shield regen timer was halted during al/teleport that would help alot i think. id prefer they have al/teleport then to just making them bullet sponges, and without either i feel like they might be too easy?

> > I found ALs more annoying than anything else. Kinda like mid-combat teleports.
> >
> > “Oh, you’re about to kill me? Nope.”
>
> yeah i got that feel sometimes too tbh (from both al and teleports) if shield regen timer was halted during al/teleport that would help alot i think. id prefer they have al/teleport then to just making them bullet sponges, and without either i feel like they might be too easy?

Giving enemies brief invulnerability at the cost of their attacking power doesn’t make fights harder, just longer.

The knights should have been extra vulnerable while doing their teleport animation. It could have been made into a skillfull weakpoint (window vulnerablity), instead it was made just annoying.

Armor lock is just annoying.

Enemy AI using armor lock in Reach was honestly a pain in the -Yoink-. It felt like the AI was cheating… because it was.

However, I’m all for giving AI special abilities. Perhaps high-ranking Elites could be given that forearm energy shield from the E3 demo of Halo CE.

As for invincibility abilities… I think they should never be included in any form, for AI or players.

I see armor lock like Zhonya’s Hourglass. You use it at a very strategical moment to block damage. Since clearly a game of halo will go by faster than a game of League(i hope) this Zhony’as has a faster cooldown.

Armor Lock haters know what this link is. Go ahead. Armor Lock Scenes from "Sanity Not Included" Season 2 - YouTube

But really, instead of just shooting Armor Lock off from the cannon of Go -Yoink- Yourself maybe we should just look at how to improve it. Like making it so it doesn’t block power weapons,grenades and vehicles, just casual gun fire.

Why should i be sorry :confused:

Armor Lock is really simple to get past. Anyone who can think can beat a person with armor lock. Its not like someone just got a 99% combo off on you.Really, how many situation in the second link could of been stopped if players would of took 1 second to think?

I’m not sorry if you didn’t see the obvious bait into Armor Lock. I didn’t even use it in Reach and it is probably my favorite Halo.

Armor Lock is terrible and is most certainly a get out of death card. Its like, “Oh, I made a stupid decision…I know what to do Armor Lock!” Armor Lock is a ridiculous AA that halts gameplay, allows players to make stupid mistakes 'n have a get of death card, and nearly every instance when someone uses ALs their entire team rushes to save the Noob.

I want it out of the game 'n to never return because of its ridiculous unbalanced nature.

I would say no, as it was a large problem, and people would soon complain. But the idea isn’t ridiculous - I’d be fine with it.

> Armor Lock is terrible and is most certainly a get out of death card. Its like, “Oh, I made a stupid decision…I know what to do Armor Lock!” Armor Lock is a ridiculous AA that halts gameplay, allows players to make stupid mistakes 'n have a get of death card, and nearly every instance when someone uses ALs their entire team rushes to save the Noob.
>
> I want it out of the game 'n to never return because of its ridiculous unbalanced nature.

If only AI though, it just makes it more of a challenge, not unbalanced. Only in PvP is it a major problem.

> > Armor Lock is terrible and is most certainly a get out of death card. Its like, “Oh, I made a stupid decision…I know what to do Armor Lock!” Armor Lock is a ridiculous AA that halts gameplay, allows players to make stupid mistakes 'n have a get of death card, and nearly every instance when someone uses ALs their entire team rushes to save the Noob.
> >
> > I want it out of the game 'n to never return because of its ridiculous unbalanced nature.
>
> If only AI though, it just makes it more of a challenge, not unbalanced. Only in PvP is it a major problem.

I wouldn’t want AI to have it, either. I would not want it because it just makes the game take a longer time to play through.

Nope.

Armour lock is nothing but a cheap way to cheat death and stop gameplay, whether it is in the hands of the AI or a player.

In Halo 3 when Brute Chieftains used Invincibility they could still attack and would often chase you while you could do nothing back. I wasn’t a big fan but at least gameplay continues and it was somewhat exhilarating.

Armour lock doesn’t do that. You would be forced to just wait until your enemy stopped. Where is the fun in that?

I found it to make fights last longer and made enemies less engaging. There was nothing more frustrating than carrying a Rocket Launcher through the level with the intention of easily defeating the Elite General only to have them armor lock the final shot.

A real -Yoinking!- pain in the -Yoink-.

No. Armor lock is something that slows down player movement and gameplay, so its a no for me.
Even when the Ai used it in reach, all I did was stand there around them, waiting for it to wear out so I could finish them off.

Armor lock should have been a gimmick exclusive to Jorge. Or exclusive to just the campaign in general rather than available for Multiplayer.

Kind of like how Shields were only for consistent gameplay mechanic in Halo Wars.

For Brutes and only Brutes. They’re the one species that made Armor Lock work, and I’d like to see them become fierce, feared bullet sponges again.