Should Armor Lock be taken out of MOST playlists?

I ask this question for a few reasons.

1. Armor Lock has easily gotten the most hate from the Halo: Reach community. The pros outweigh the cons, it’s the trollface of reach, armor lock is for nubs, etc etc
  2. Armor Lock has already been taken out of many playlists, and much of the community has actually LIKED this change. Squad Slayer, Double Team, The Arena, and other playlists that exclude armor lock are loved by many.
  3. After playing in playlists without Armor Lock, the reaction to being Armor Locked is all the more Frustrating.

Should armor lock be restricted to a small number of Playlists?
Should any and all New playlists including Armor Lock be put in a specific category?
Will the TU address any and all concerns with the current armor lock setup?
Am i asking too many questions?

<3

AL should be restricted to playlists with vehicles

/thread

Yes, it is BAAAAAAD

Every playlist below 12 players.

Remove it from everything but firefight and campaign. Should never have been put in Matchmaking in the first place.

yes. most playlists? how about everything except for multi team, action sack, and infection (or any other joke playlists).

there is literally NO REASON why it should be in ANY of the serious playlists. not one.

> yes. most playlists? how about everything except for multi team, action sack, and infection (or any other joke playlists).
>
> there is literally NO REASON why it should be in ANY of the serious playlists. not one.

AL should be fixed in the TU (if its not, then I can always play Classic), so putting it in the playlists it was intended for is okay. That would be: BTB, Invasion, Premium Battle, Firefight and Multi Team.

I’m a AL user when I decide to be, but I see NO reason as to why it was removed from BTB.

Maybe 343 will put a AL-only gametype playlist. Stop the griefing :slight_smile:

Big Team only. I could see it working there and that’s it. That or the new and improved, Ability Slayer, all on it’s own.

2 points:

1. AL has ALREADY been removed from most of the playlists. The only realistic change is the addition of a AL free FFA playlist, thats about it.
  2. the playlists that are AL free have an order of magnitude smaller population than their ALing counter parts. The reality is the majority of the community likes AL, as evidenced by the playlist population numbers.

take it out of rumble pit, its the only place that it still needs to be taken out of.

I would say keep “Not including it” on new playlists, but I wouldn’t actively remove it from the current playlists.

I would also put it in more BTB.

> I would say keep “Not including it” on new playlists, but I wouldn’t actively remove it from the current playlists.
>
> I would also put it in more BTB.

Holy WHOA! I think I partially agree with Guywiired on something for a change! (I would still have it removed from everything besides BTB).

More like EVERY playlist

The new playlist engineer might be reading these so this is how I think it shoud be:

AL only fits in BTB (becasue of overpowerd vehicles), nowere else. It turns team slayer into another action sack (a joke).

Remove it from anything and everything that isn’t 8v8.

One of Armor Lock’s worst flaws is that it nullifies rewards for individual skill, and too-heavily rewards even the shoddiest teamwork. BTB is far more team-oriented, and so this flaw is not an issue in that playlist.

Nope. I say let the option to play 2 similar games, 1 with AL and 1 without as the only options. Vote no and it’s just a different map but same 2 options. To AL or not to AL. Screw the online polls. Put the poll where it matters, where players have the option. You’ll get an honest answer of who cares either way or who wants to play Reach just as it is.

> Nope. I say let the option to play 2 similar games, 1 with AL and 1 without as the only options. Vote no and it’s just a different map but same 2 options. To AL or not to AL. Screw the online polls. Put the poll where it matters, where players have the option. You’ll get an honest answer of who cares either way or who wants to play Reach just as it is.

How accurate would that poll be? Would it be possible to anaylize that stat?

For instance, if my voting options are:

Slayer Pro - Reflection
Slayer - Countdown
Slayer - Uncaged

I’m probably going to pick Countdown cause it’s the map I enjoy more than those game types.

Likewise with SWAT. Between:

SWAT - Reflection
SWAT MAGNUMS - Countdown
SWAT - Uncaged

Again I would pick Countdown, not cause I like Magnums, just because I like that map more.

So how do you break that data down?

I’m sure there’s away, I’m just not aware of it.

> AL should be restricted to playlists with vehicles
>
> /thread

This. I’d rather it were just removed, but if it must be in the game at all it should only appear in playlists with vehicle-based combat and it should also be quite considerably weakened.