Should armor abilities return

I don’t really care if they do but what do you guys think

No sir, armour abilities are worse than spartan abilities in my opinion.

I say no but since when has 343 ever listened to me? :joy:

Id prefer if they didn’t. This is justy personal opinion but on the story side I always liked the “soldier” side of “super soldier” more than the “super”. I thought it was cooler when they were more tactical like cutscenes in Reach or Halo Wars as opposed to something like the opening of Guardians where they seemed more like super heroes just plowing through and punching the ground to kill enemies.

Gameplay wise I still enjoy the gunplay in guardians but I’d much rather play 2 or 3. I don’t like being able to sprint out of danger. The original Halo gameplay was far more stand your ground and out play them instead of run or thrust away.

I like them but they need tweeking and definitly no weapon loadout differences. Weapons gotta have fair starts, I don’t care if you have a jetpack and I have a dropshield as long as you spawn with the same gun I spawn with. And your jetpack is the same as my jetpack, no mods.
There are other threads about this topic.

I hope not. Maybe keep them for custom games, but thats it.

I’d say they’re 99% gonna return.

Armor abilities? No, Spartan abilities, perhaps.

I’d love it if armor/Spartan abilities returned for campaign. They made fighting enemies and moving around in arenas more fun in my mind. But I definitely don’t want to see either in multiplayer. I used to think they were a great addition, but all they did was force more adjustments to hitboxes and map design to the point where aiming skill means a whole lot less since one can simply thrust out of the way of a fight.

No thank you.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> No sir, armour abilities are worse than spartan abilities in my opinion.

What? How? You can only have one at a time, cooldown is longer and sprint was the only “escape from battle” card available for Spartan matchmaking playlists. The only thing worse than SA compared to AA imho was that unbearable armor lock. Jet packs are extremely geometry breaking too, but they let the player fly so slowly, in battle you’re basically just a sitting duck.

The real problem in Reach was the loadout system, AAs alone would have been fine as limited pick-ups on the map. SA on the other side fundamentally changed Halo’s base mechanics, and for the worse I might add!

> 2533274795098161;11:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > No sir, armour abilities are worse than spartan abilities in my opinion.
>
> What? How? You can only have one at a time, cooldown is longer and sprint was the only “escape from battle” card available for Spartan matchmaking playlists. The only thing worse than SA compared to AA imho was that unbearable armor lock. Jet packs are extremely geometry breaking too, but they let the player fly so slowly, in battle you’re basically just a sitting duck.
>
> The real problem in Reach was the loadout system, AAs alone would have been fine as limited pick-ups on the map. SA on the other side fundamentally changed Halo’s base mechanics, and for the worse I might add!

I don’t know much about Reach’s ability system but in 4 I didn’t like it that you could choose them therefore everyone wasn’t on a level playing field. At least in H5 everyone is on the same ground, no loadout madness.

> 2533275031939856;12:
> > 2533274795098161;11:
> > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > No sir, armour abilities are worse than spartan abilities in my opinion.
> >
> > What? How? You can only have one at a time, cooldown is longer and sprint was the only “escape from battle” card available for Spartan matchmaking playlists. The only thing worse than SA compared to AA imho was that unbearable armor lock. Jet packs are extremely geometry breaking too, but they let the player fly so slowly, in battle you’re basically just a sitting duck.
> >
> > The real problem in Reach was the loadout system, AAs alone would have been fine as limited pick-ups on the map. SA on the other side fundamentally changed Halo’s base mechanics, and for the worse I might add!
>
> I don’t know much about Reach’s ability system but in 4 I didn’t like it that you could choose them therefore everyone wasn’t on a level playing field. At least in H5 everyone is on the same ground, no loadout madness.

Oh, right. H4 was a thing. I hate that game so much, sometimes I forget it exists! :joy:

But even in H4… The biggest problem imho wasn’t necessarily most of the AAs, as much as the fact you could personalize loadouts. Not to mention sprint is a base mechanic now, which combined with an AA just becomes too much.

Those of Halo 5 were more stable and had no choice and made the gameplay more flexible

> 2533274795098161;13:
> > 2533275031939856;12:
> > > 2533274795098161;11:
> > > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > > No sir, armour abilities are worse than spartan abilities in my opinion.
> > >
> > > What? How? You can only have one at a time, cooldown is longer and sprint was the only “escape from battle” card available for Spartan matchmaking playlists. The only thing worse than SA compared to AA imho was that unbearable armor lock. Jet packs are extremely geometry breaking too, but they let the player fly so slowly, in battle you’re basically just a sitting duck.
> > >
> > > The real problem in Reach was the loadout system, AAs alone would have been fine as limited pick-ups on the map. SA on the other side fundamentally changed Halo’s base mechanics, and for the worse I might add!
> >
> > I don’t know much about Reach’s ability system but in 4 I didn’t like it that you could choose them therefore everyone wasn’t on a level playing field. At least in H5 everyone is on the same ground, no loadout madness.
>
> Oh, right. H4 was a thing. I hate that game so much, sometimes I forget it exists! :joy:
>
> But even in H4… The biggest problem imho wasn’t necessarily most of the AAs, as much as the fact you could personalize loadouts. Not to mention sprint is a base mechanic now, which combined with an AA just becomes too much.

Yeah I hate loadouts. Glad they took them out. At least for arena.

only bubble shield, active camo, and the green healing thing

Naw go back to equipment. Make some of the armour abilities equipment/temporary upgrades.

Like the jetpack wouldn’t be too bad if it found on the map and adata a fule tank or some kind of limiter. Bring in a jump back as well for a double jump maybe one time use

maybe bring back evade but have it so you have to be crouching to use it idk might be cool for a bit

Anything but armor lock.

[deleted]

I hope not (golden triangle and such), but I’m fairly certain they will, unfortunately. I’m not to sure how I feel about this, but having them as map pickups similar to H3 doesn’t seem like too bad an idea, but we’ll have to see.