Should all

Of The previous weapons and vehicles in past halo games return? Personally I would like the revenant,spectre,brute shot,plasma rifle,and the scarab return especially with how much the cloud can support multiple scarabs on the battle field would be awesome

To put it simply: No

Are u serious none of what I mentioned should return not even the brutes or scarabs?

Brutes have no reason to return

Scarabs are boring to fight

Everything in one game? That would make for a very cluttered sandbox.

> Everything in one game? That would make for a very cluttered sandbox.

Indeed. While it would be nice to have everything for customs, at the same time it’d be nice if 343 spent most of its time focusing on a balanced and fun sandbox.

H1 had the smallest sandbox, yet everything had its own role and purpose. Even the overpowered pistol. I’m not saying we should cut everything and go back, but its important to note that sandbox size isn’t everything.

> Brutes have no reason to return

Oh, so you’re personally working on writing Halo 5’s story? No? Then, you have no reason to say brute aren’t returning.

> Scarabs are boring to fight

So, who says you have to fight the scarabs, why can’t they be on your side, or be wiped out when you arrive to the AO?

Or maybe we’ll get to see a new version of the scarab that’s more entertaining to fight.

> > Brutes have no reason to return
>
> Oh, so you’re personally working on writing Halo 5’s story? No? Then, you have no reason to say brute aren’t returning.

Top notch sarcasm man. I didn’t say they aren’t returning, I’m saying they have to reason to return

> > Scarabs are boring to fight
>
> So, who says you have to fight the scarabs, why can’t they be on your side, or be wiped out when you arrive to the AO?
>
> Or maybe we’ll get to see a new version of the scarab that’s more entertaining to fight.

Because that final Halo 2 level is a great example of having a Scarab on your side, it makes things too easy, Halo 2 is one of the easiest Halo’s on Legendary, the Scarab made it so much easier

I don’t see why we can’t fight a Harvester, would make for a better fight than the Scarabs in Halo 3

Every single variant of every single weapon and vehicle from every single Halo game should feature in Halo 5’s Forge and Custom Games. The Xbox One could handle it and the assets are all right there.

I don’t see any issue with every weapon/vehicle returning b/c you don’t need to put everything on every map for MM or even in every campaign level. But with a varied sand box you can get more creative and Variety in map design just depending on the sand box elements included.

Ex. A level designed around the Brute chopper would be different than one for the cov. Ghost.

> Ex. A level designed around the Brute chopper would be different than one for the cov. Ghost.

Levels should never be designed around vehicles

You can have too much of a good thing, unfortunately.

For vehicles such a the Spectre, Prowler and the Revenant which all basically serve the same function, there is no need to have more than one.
The same with weapons, you don’t need the Concussion Rifle, Grenade Launcher and the Brute Shot in the same game.

I love Halo’s sandbox for having something for your every need, but you don’t need multiple versions of the same thing. Granted, there are variations such as Human, Covenant and Promethean versions of the same weapons, but isn’t that enough.

For example, we have the Assault Rifle, Suppressor and the Storm Rifle. But if you add the Plasma Rifle, Brute Plasma Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Brute Spiker, SMG, before you know it you have a really crowded sandbox which all serve the same purpose. Pointless really.

> Brutes have no reason to return
>
> Scarabs are boring to fight

Brutes have every reason to return; there’s still a lot of tension between them and the other races.

I’m surprised that you think Scarabs are boring to fight. But I’m pretty sure you’re a part of the minority in that regard.

To answer the original poster’s question, every single weapon/vehicle/gadget from previous Halos appearing in Halo 5 would make for an unnecessarily cluttered sandbox.

Bigger =/= better. Your suggestion would fill the sandbox with a bunch of redundant weapons.

I worded it wrong I didn’t mean literally every single thing in past games I meant certain things like

Brutes engineers and drones

Spectre revenant chopper scarabs and hornet or falcon

Smg plasma rifle spiker brute shot and mauler no repeater and the plasma rifle would replace storm rifle

All those maybe instead of the scarab we could fight that harvester thing from spartan ops or like some1 said have scarabs on our side

> > > Brutes have no reason to return
> >
> > Oh, so you’re personally working on writing Halo 5’s story? No? Then, you have no reason to say brute aren’t returning.
>
> Top notch sarcasm man. I didn’t say they aren’t returning, I’m saying they have to reason to return
>
>
>
> > > Scarabs are boring to fight
> >
> > So, who says you have to fight the scarabs, why can’t they be on your side, or be wiped out when you arrive to the AO?
> >
> > Or maybe we’ll get to see a new version of the scarab that’s more entertaining to fight.
>
> Because that final Halo 2 level is a great example of having a Scarab on your side, it makes things too easy, <mark>Halo 2 is one of the easiest Halo’s on Legendary,</mark> the Scarab made it so much easier
>
> I don’t see why we can’t fight a Harvester, would make for a better fight than the Scarabs in Halo 3

I gotta disagree here. CE, 2 and Reach were hardest for me on legendary. 3 feels easiest to me

Plain yes… however some things that are basically the same thing more than 3 times should have one part, that is least wanted or popular to be cut, or at least be available in forge.

> > > > Brutes have no reason to return
> > >
> > > Oh, so you’re personally working on writing Halo 5’s story? No? Then, you have no reason to say brute aren’t returning.
> >
> > Top notch sarcasm man. I didn’t say they aren’t returning, I’m saying they have to reason to return
> >
> >
> >
> > > > Scarabs are boring to fight
> > >
> > > So, who says you have to fight the scarabs, why can’t they be on your side, or be wiped out when you arrive to the AO?
> > >
> > > Or maybe we’ll get to see a new version of the scarab that’s more entertaining to fight.
> >
> > Because that final Halo 2 level is a great example of having a Scarab on your side, it makes things too easy, <mark>Halo 2 is one of the easiest Halo’s on Legendary,</mark> the Scarab made it so much easier
> >
> > I don’t see why we can’t fight a Harvester, would make for a better fight than the Scarabs in Halo 3
>
> I gotta disagree here. CE, 2 and Reach were hardest for me on legendary. 3 feels easiest to me

The last levels on Reach Legendary for me= hours of pain, face palming, and revising strats.

Halo 2 and 1 were the hardest on legendary for me reach was hard but only because I put like 4 gold skulls on to make it challenging lol.And I’m sticking to this I feel like a massive battle would be epic banshees overhead giving air support a lot of scarabs,wraiths,ghosts,revenants,warthogs,mantis,hornets ,etc would make for an actual gameplay experience of tip of the spears cutscene.

I’m a I’ll iffy with the lich’s I feel like it was just a scarab replacement

> > > > Brutes have no reason to return
> > >
> > > Oh, so you’re personally working on writing Halo 5’s story? No? Then, you have no reason to say brute aren’t returning.
> >
> > Top notch sarcasm man. I didn’t say they aren’t returning, I’m saying they have to reason to return
> >
> >
> >
> > > > Scarabs are boring to fight
> > >
> > > So, who says you have to fight the scarabs, why can’t they be on your side, or be wiped out when you arrive to the AO?
> > >
> > > Or maybe we’ll get to see a new version of the scarab that’s more entertaining to fight.
> >
> > Because that final Halo 2 level is a great example of having a Scarab on your side, it makes things too easy, <mark>Halo 2 is one of the easiest Halo’s on Legendary,</mark> the Scarab made it so much easier
> >
> > I don’t see why we can’t fight a Harvester, would make for a better fight than the Scarabs in Halo 3
>
> I gotta disagree here. CE, 2 and Reach were hardest for me on legendary. 3 feels easiest to me

Halo 2’s the only game I’ve never beaten on legendary, mostly cause a lot of 2’s difficulty comes from hard to see 1-shotters (sniper jackals), or berserking bullet sponges.

Oddly enough the last level I need (Gravemind) no longer works on my disc, it just fails to load.