Should accuracy be efficiently decreased while jetpacking?

Do you guys think decreasing your aiming while jetpacking would balance this AA? I mean its only realistic that you reticle would shake while the jetpack is in use. I personally think this would be a good addition to balance it since there most likely wont be any fall damage like halo 2 and 3.

Your Spartan should essentially shake while doing this, causing your reticle to move slightly in a shaky rotation.

What do you guys think?

it should be harder to aim, but you should be able to develop the skill to do so. It shouldnt automatically compromise your accuracy no matter how good you are

Plus 5-10% recoil?

Jetpack is already pretty balanced in that it makes you very vulnerable while using it, doesn’t really need a nerf

> Jetpack is already pretty balanced in that it makes you very vulnerable while using it, doesn’t really need a nerf

You have height advantage with it and have perfect accuracy while using the jetpack. I do think that it needs some sort of disadvantage to make it more balanced. If there is no fall damage then it will be worse then it already is.

I’m sorry but the jetpacker is already at a disadvantage and that is being a target for everybody to shoot at while in the air.

Equal and opposite reactions… fire a rocket while jetpacking…? Probably not a good idea.

> > Jetpack is already pretty balanced in that it makes you very vulnerable while using it, doesn’t really need a nerf
>
> You have height advantage with it and have perfect accuracy while using the jetpack. I do think that it needs some sort of disadvantage to make it more balanced. If there is no fall damage then it will be worse then it already is.

The disadvantage is you become an easy target for people using precision weapons, and as a complete noob sniper, I love finding someone using jetpack so I can blow their head off.

I’ve been using Jetpack since I started playing Reach, and I very rarely use it to fly high in the air and rain bullets down on people. I mostly use it for map navigation and to give me a slight edge in 1v1 situations, like a replacement for the super-jump from the past Halo’s.

JP’s are not as disadvantageous as some of you make it sound. They have many advantages unless however, you play Bumper Jumper like myself. I cannot use the AA unless i switch to default or whatever, which I have done on occasion just to have some fun with it.

When a JP’r just shoots straight up it, becomes a lot harder to hit them in the head and it becomes a lot easier for them to hit you in the head. Not to mention on many maps they can go place where you normally cant, especially on The Cage.

They can avoid most power weapons except sniper in almost any situation.

So IMO it could use a little more balancing, but I honestly don’t care all that much. Just my 2 cents!

Do we even know if the jetpack, if it’s really returning, is going to even function like it did in Reach? Shouldn’t we know how it works before thinking about nerfing it?

No, if I am a super soldier I think I am sure as hell capable of holding a weapon steady with a bit of shaking going on. I’ve never really had any issues going against someone with a jetpack. So I am not certain why you would want this as I don’t see anything wrong with them.

yes just for balance

heck, I think you shouldn’t even be able to shoot while jetpacking. It should be more like a shock trooper tool used soley for map navigation. Not "flying straight up and shooting bullets and throwing every grenade you have.

> heck, I think you shouldn’t even be able to shoot while jetpacking. It should be more like a shock trooper tool used soley for map navigation. Not "flying straight up and shooting bullets and throwing every grenade you have.

I wish it was like this but i do agree with what you’ve stated.

> I personally think this would be a good addition to balance it since there most likely wont be any fall damage like halo 2 and 3.

I personally think there will be fall damage in multiplayer (because of Spartan IV’s) and there will be no fall damage in campaign with Master Chief (a Spartan II).

However, I think you have the start of a good idea here. Maybe just more recoil while jet-packing. I don’t care how super of a super soldier you are, it is still impossible to be as accurate while jet-packing as it is crouching and taking your time with a shot.

> Equal and opposite reactions… fire a rocket while jetpacking…? Probably not a good idea.

Good God, I love when people say things that are so obvious but you’ve never thought of them before. Physics obviously weren’t tested with the JP, as you are right pajama dad.

> No, if I am a super soldier I think I am sure as hell capable of holding a weapon steady with a bit of shaking going on. I’ve never really had any issues going against someone with a jetpack. So I am not certain why you would want this as I don’t see anything wrong with them.

I’ve had people jet-pack up from sniper spawn on Hemorrhage and get double kill sniper headshots. That’s ridiculous. I would drive over to the base and look for the sniper to take out or at least to call out the position and I could never find the sniper. After reviewing in the theater I found the evidence.

> > Equal and opposite reactions… fire a rocket while jetpacking…? Probably not a good idea.
>
> Good God, I love when people say things that are so obvious but you’ve never thought of them before. Physics obviously weren’t tested with the JP, as you are right pajama dad.

Well actually since the rocket launcher is a cylinder with an open end the force from the rocket is directed out the back so it balances out

Omg, thats sooooo hawt.(;

> Do you guys think decreasing your aiming while jetpacking would balance this AA? I mean its only realistic that you reticle would shake while the jetpack is in use. I personally think this would be a good addition to balance it since there most likely wont be any fall damage like halo 2 and 3.
>
> Your Spartan should essentially shake while doing this, causing your reticle to move slightly in a shaky rotation.
>
> What do you guys think?

this would HELP balance this AA, but really the imbalance in jet pack comes from its innate nature of giving people the ability to access areas of the map that they would not have otherwise been able to access without going down ‘fair’ pathways.

not to mention map exploits where they stay on top of the map.

making people aim worse while jet packing doesnt stop people from blowing holes in the concept of map control, nor does it prevent people from shooting you from exploit spots.

not to mention if you are losing battles to people jet packing (in the air) you are prolly doing it wrong anyways.

honestly jet pack as an AA really doesnt have any place in serious competitive halo. as a pickup, absolutely, but people should not be able to start with the ability to blow chunks in core concepts in halo strategy, such as map control.

even as a double jump this AA would probably be problematic, although much less so than reach jetpack.

i really hope 343 is either going to have this AA be flat out underpowered, or abolish it from MM altogether. jet pack is one of the prime reasons why halo reach is seen as a joke halo game. it would be a massive shame to see h4 MM be the same joke that reach is because of this oh-so-obviously-problematic AA.

> > Do you guys think decreasing your aiming while jetpacking would balance this AA? I mean its only realistic that you reticle would shake while the jetpack is in use. I personally think this would be a good addition to balance it since there most likely wont be any fall damage like halo 2 and 3.
> >
> > Your Spartan should essentially shake while doing this, causing your reticle to move slightly in a shaky rotation.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> this would HELP balance this AA, but really the imbalance in jet pack comes from its innate nature of giving people the ability to access areas of the map that they would not have otherwise been able to access without going down ‘fair’ pathways.
>
> not to mention map exploits where they stay on top of the map.
>
> making people aim worse while jet packing doesnt stop people from blowing holes in the concept of map control, nor does it prevent people from shooting you from exploit spots.
>
> not to mention if you are losing battles to people jet packing (in the air) you are prolly doing it wrong anyways.
>
> honestly jet pack as an AA really doesnt have any place in serious competitive halo. as a pickup, absolutely, but people should not be able to start with the ability to blow chunks in core concepts in halo strategy, such as map control.
>
> even as a double jump this AA would probably be problematic, although much less so than reach jetpack.
>
> i really hope 343 is either going to have this AA be flat out underpowered, or abolish it from MM altogether. jet pack is one of the prime reasons why halo reach is seen as a joke halo game. it would be a massive shame to see h4 MM be the same joke that reach is because of this oh-so-obviously-problematic AA.

Jetpack, one of the prime reasons Reach is seen as a joke? Are you kidding me?

How about Armor Lock, Lack of actual maps, grenukes, wonky physics, bloom, double beatdowns, paperweight vehicles, decreased movement and jump, lack of ranking, and boostable currency system?

Someone breaking map control when the maps are already broken is kinda irrelevant.

Yeah, the jet pack really needs to be balanced.