Should 343I update Halo:Reach?

Now 343I owns the Halo franchise and are focusing mainly on H5,HW2 and maybe Halo 6 but since they were apart of making Halo:Reach (multiplayer) should they update it or add features to make it better or less complicated since many Halo fans originated from the classic games and maybe Reach.Adding on to the fact that 343I was apart of making the multiplayer the defiant map pack was quite a success it was great.Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.But if you think part of 343I should go and focus on older games (Well Reach and H4 and definitly fix MCC as that is just horrendous) let me know :slight_smile:

> 2535408520085863;1:
> Now 343I owns the Halo franchise and are focusing mainly on H5,HW2 and maybe Halo 6 but since they were apart of making Halo:Reach (multiplayer) should they update it or add features to make it better or less complicated since many Halo fans originated from the classic games and maybe Reach.Adding on to the fact that 343I was apart of making the multiplayer the defiant map pack was quite a success it was great.Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.But if you think part of 343I should go and focus on older games (Well Reach and H4 and definitly fix MCC as that is just horrendous) let me know :slight_smile:

i would be happy with some playlists features DLC or making DLC mandatory, but they would need to make noble map pack free, i don’t think they need to do much, Reach is my favorite game on the 360, but i would supper happy if they added some new forge maps, especially in the Living dead playlist, i wish TU would disappear, and challenges would give more points, but the dlc is the biggest issue in my opinion, it would be cool if preorder bonuses like multi threat armor were unlocked for every one.

I like it how it is and so do most people that play the game. I don’t really think they need to change it.

> 2535408520085863;1:
> Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.

Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!

> 2535447940912902;4:
> > 2535408520085863;1:
> > Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.
>
> Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!

Sorry?

> 2535408520085863;5:
> > 2535447940912902;4:
> > > 2535408520085863;1:
> > > Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.
> >
> > Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!
>
> Sorry?

Did you suddenly lose the ability to read?

When 343 got the Reach multiplayer it got -Yoinked!- ups. Almost always at the beginning only maps that no one liked showed up to vote, Infection got REALLY -Yoinked!- UP and totally destroyed. And the only good maps in Invasion are the vanilla ones. For me, they can do whatever they want with the Reach multiplayer, it can’t get worse right now in terms of game variants

Definitely not. They should only focus on the newer games or popular games. They didn’t even help make reach that was bungie. Bungie just passed the torch to 343 and 343 has just monitored reach and supplied it with updates (and dlc)

> 2535447940912902;4:
> > 2535408520085863;1:
> > Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.
>
> Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!

I’m assuming he means mass majority since most reviews of the games from ign Gamespot etc aren’t too high when it comes to Halo 5 campaign but good in terms of everything else

> 2535408520085863;1:
> Now 343I owns the Halo franchise and are focusing mainly on H5,HW2 and maybe Halo 6 but since they were apart of making Halo:Reach (multiplayer) should they update it or add features to make it better or less complicated since many Halo fans originated from the classic games and maybe Reach.Adding on to the fact that 343I was apart of making the multiplayer the defiant map pack was quite a success it was great.Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.But if you think part of 343I should go and focus on older games (Well Reach and H4 and definitly fix MCC as that is just horrendous) let me know :slight_smile:

Personally, I feel Reach can use a well needed update, but it probably will not happen as 343i only seems to focus on new content and not preservation of older functioning content.

Reach can use an update to reimplement the following (or add/modify) as it would be nice:

• Return of Firefight Doubles in Firefight Matchmaking - Return of Team Action Sack - Return of Super and Squad Slayer - The removal of the Performance Bonus System (Or setting it to a hard 0 cR) in Grifball Matchmaking (To prevent cheating via boosting) - Enabling of Betrayal Booting in Grifball Matchmaking, but set the trigger to 3-5 betrayals. (To prevent spawncampkilling) - A change to the Juggernaut gametype to allow the weapon to be changed in custom games for an entire game duration (As this has been requested by a good number of people)If a good number of people still play the game and it is backwards compatible, that should be enough incentive for 343i to keep up on the game and still implement updates. If the community still plays it alot and enjoys it, keep it alive is what I would say, but the decision is not for me to make.

> 2533274898831741;10:
> > 2535408520085863;1:
> > Now 343I owns the Halo franchise and are focusing mainly on H5,HW2 and maybe Halo 6 but since they were apart of making Halo:Reach (multiplayer) should they update it or add features to make it better or less complicated since many Halo fans originated from the classic games and maybe Reach.Adding on to the fact that 343I was apart of making the multiplayer the defiant map pack was quite a success it was great.Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.But if you think part of 343I should go and focus on older games (Well Reach and H4 and definitly fix MCC as that is just horrendous) let me know :slight_smile:
>
> Personally, I feel Reach can use a well needed update, but it probably will not happen as 343i only seems to focus on new content and not preservation of older functioning content.
>
> Reach can use an update to reimplement the following (or add/modify) as it would be nice:
>
>
> - Return of Firefight Doubles in Firefight Matchmaking - Return of Team Action Sack - Return of Super and Squad Slayer - The removal of the Performance Bonus System (Or setting it to a hard 0 cR) in Grifball Matchmaking (To prevent cheating via boosting) - Enabling of Betrayal Booting in Grifball Matchmaking, but set the trigger to 3-5 betrayals. (To prevent spawncampkilling) - A change to the Juggernaut gametype to allow the weapon to be changed in custom games for an entire game duration (As this has been requested by a good number of people)If a good number of people still play the game and it is backwards compatible, that should be enough incentive for 343i to keep up on the game and still implement updates. If the community still plays it alot and enjoys it, keep it alive is what I would say, but the decision is not for me to make.

I agree, changes need to be made, starting with the removal of griffball entirely. The performance bonus is fine outside of that unnecessary playlist as it rewards winning, as for your other points about the return of certain playlists, the TU settings should be implemented across the board and “super slayer” should become team slayer in addition to action sack and squad slayer making their triumphant return. These changes in tandem with the removal of the pre-spawn handicap settings would make Reach a much better game and serve to repopulate the last good Halo installment. 343 really destroyed the Halo franchise but at least they attempted to rectify the mistake bungie made with the COD-esque “loadouts”.

Yes, they should just remove Bloom :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m a bit salty because I’m doing the legendary campaign and after doing CE, 2, 3, 4 and 5 I just feel so clunky and inaccurate in Reach because of that damn bloom.

> 2682054420954072;12:
> > 2533274898831741;10:
> > -snip-
>
> I agree, changes need to be made, starting with the removal of griffball entirely. The performance bonus is fine outside of that unnecessary playlist as it rewards winning, as for your other points about the return of certain playlists, the TU settings should be implemented across the board and “super slayer” should become team slayer in addition to action sack and squad slayer making their triumphant return. These changes in tandem with the removal of the pre-spawn handicap settings would make Reach a much better game and serve to repopulate the last good Halo installment. 343 really destroyed the Halo franchise but at least they attempted to rectify the mistake bungie made with the COD-esque “loadouts”.

My experience with Squad Slayer was that it was outright random (As you never knew what was going to happen in a good way) and at times hilarious. It was like Slayer with a fun twist by having 5 Vs. 5 and just fun in odd ways. I mean outside of Team Action Sack and occasionally Firefight Arcade, I haven’t played another gametype like this where you end the game consistently laughing because you had a good time and sometimes just dunno what happened in the match.

I never played Super Slayer personally, but I hear so many good things about it, so why not if the community likes it. Team Action Sack speaks for itself with more random, wacky, and hilarious gametypes (Maybe put Grifball here with a low chance of popping up?). Firefight Doubles was a nice gametype to either play with a good friend without random people spamming Green everywhere (I mean I shouldn’t have to choose Anniversary Firefight and set the search settings to most strict to try to get the equivilant of it) and in the case of new players it was a nice tool to teach them how to use weapons and learn the ingame AI enemies.

> 2533274928429850;11:
> > 2535447940912902;4:
> > > 2535408520085863;1:
> > > Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.
> >
> > Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!
>
> Why is Halo 5’s Campaign So BAD!?It’s good you are enjoying Halo 5’s campaign but you are in a minority bud. The majority of people that played the campaign (Myself included) absolutely hate it.

And? Just because the majority dislikes it, doesn’t mean everyone does. Should probably get out of the habit of generalizing an entire fan base.

Long answer cut short. YES they should.

> 2533274928429850;16:
> > 2535447940912902;15:
> > > 2533274928429850;11:
> > > > 2535447940912902;4:
> > > > > 2535408520085863;1:
> > > > > Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.
> > > >
> > > > Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!
> > >
> > > Why is Halo 5’s Campaign So BAD!?It’s good you are enjoying Halo 5’s campaign but you are in a minority bud. The majority of people that played the campaign (Myself included) absolutely hate it.
> >
> > And? Just because the majority dislikes it, doesn’t mean everyone does. Should probably get out of the habit of generalizing an entire fan base.
>
> I’m not generalizing an entire fan base. I’m talking about the people that played Halo 5’s campaign. Don’t get butt hurt if someone disagrees with you. You keep telling people to stop arguing/criticizing you even though you are doing the same thing to other people. (Apparently someone forgot how to read)

Never said you did. ArsenicBike92, on the other hand, did generalize: “as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.” And where did I get butt hurt because someone disagreed with me? That is your own salty misinterpretation. I also don’t recall telling anyone to stop “arguing/criticizing.” Having said, it is clear which individual has the most trouble with reading.

> 2533274928429850;19:
> > 2535447940912902;18:
> > > 2533274928429850;16:
> > > > 2535447940912902;15:
> > > > > 2533274928429850;11:
> > > > > > 2535447940912902;4:
> > > > > > > 2535408520085863;1:
> > > > > > > Im only talking about multiplayer and not campaign as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Seriously? This is highly subjective. “We all” don’t know any such nonsense. I happened to enjoy Halo 5’s campaign, thank you very much!
> > > > >
> > > > > Why is Halo 5’s Campaign So BAD!?It’s good you are enjoying Halo 5’s campaign but you are in a minority bud. The majority of people that played the campaign (Myself included) absolutely hate it.
> > > >
> > > > And? Just because the majority dislikes it, doesn’t mean everyone does. Should probably get out of the habit of generalizing an entire fan base.
> > >
> > > I’m not generalizing an entire fan base. I’m talking about the people that played Halo 5’s campaign. Don’t get butt hurt if someone disagrees with you. You keep telling people to stop arguing/criticizing you even though you are doing the same thing to other people. (Apparently someone forgot how to read)
> >
> > Never said you did. ArsenicBike92, on the other hand, did generalize: “as we all know 343I campaigns are BS.” And where did I get butt hurt because someone disagreed with me? That is your own salty misinterpretation. I also don’t recall telling anyone to stop “arguing/criticizing.” Having said, it is clear which individual has the most trouble with reading.
>
> Why won’t you let this go. I’m a busy man and you are still upset over a forum on the internet. Now I would stay and chat all day but I must go, my people need me.

Let what go, exactly? You put words in my mouth so naturally I’m going to respond. If you are that pressed for time, I can’t imagine why you’re still here complaining about it.