Should 343i bring back generator defense??? and have an armory dlc

in my opinion generator defense was my favorite out of the beta play lists and it was a blast cause you spawned with random colors and it was elites vs spartans and i loved the map you played it on. overlook is now sadly a firefight map
:*( and when aniversery comes out do you think it should come with some halo 1 2 and 3 armor and new visor colors and utility and wirst i think tht would be cool

Gen Defense is still in most firefight playlists. You can get it in Score Attack and Firefight Limited.

> Gen Defense is still in most firefight playlists. You can get it in Score Attack and Firefight Limited.

But it isn’t the same! I want it back too man! They could add the gametype in the title update!

thx for saying that for me and if they did the ffa colors in a team game with gen def then they should be able to fo it in invasion right???

Wasn’t there too much lag?

We need an “Active Playlists” Button on the website, similar to what was on the Bnet.

People need to understand that Generator Defence was never at one point, a Multiplayer Gametype, it has always been a Firefight Gametype, they added it for 6v6 to test how the Netcode was, hence it was called Network Test 1.

It’s not possible to just drag & drop a Firefight Gametype into Multiplayer, all maps would need to be updated to allow Generators which, well isn’t possible using just Megalo.

> We need an “Active Playlists” Button on the website, similar to what was on the Bnet.

I went ahead and wrote this: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/22634.aspx/.

EDIT: Fixed the fail URL Hyperlink.

Thanks very much.

Just struck me, since someone mentioned that Overlook was a Firefight map, but some of these ARE good maps. Why not, for Halo 4 (or Reach if it’s possible), make it so that Firefight maps can be Multiplayer maps too?

I see nothing wrong with more variety, and they’d often be perfectly fine to play on.

> Just struck me, since someone mentioned that Overlook was a Firefight map, but some of these ARE good maps. Why not, for Halo 4 (or Reach if it’s possible), make it so that Firefight maps can be Multiplayer maps too?
>
> I see nothing wrong with more variety, and they’d often be perfectly fine to play on.

I agree, most FF maps are better set up than most multiplayer maps. I’ve experimented with friends (in FF vs) and it is totally possible to make them suitable for team games.

> Gen Defense is still in most firefight playlists. You can get it in Score Attack and Firefight Limited.

No, just, no.

Gen Defense is 3v3 with no AI players. It was awesome. It was the best right next to beta invasion and Sword Base 1 Flag CTF.

> > Just struck me, since someone mentioned that Overlook was a Firefight map, but some of these ARE good maps. Why not, for Halo 4 (or Reach if it’s possible), make it so that Firefight maps can be Multiplayer maps too?
> >
> > I see nothing wrong with more variety, and they’d often be perfectly fine to play on.
>
> I agree, most FF maps are better set up than most multiplayer maps. I’ve experimented with friends (in FF vs) and it is totally possible to make them suitable for team games.

I agree, and thanks dude.

I was just thinking that while Courtyard isn’t a wonderful multiplayer map, Overlook, Unearthed and others I can’t remember would be great to play on.