Should 343 really keep going with the halo series?

It just doesn’t seem right. I thought bungie really put nice endings on halo 3 and reach. And its kind of looking like microsoft is just using the halo IP to milk the halo cow to its painful doom.

Heres a nice analogy. Its kinda like watching Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Horrrrray! Frodo and Sam have saved middle earth. But then i’m watching 30 extra minutes of awkward goodbyes and partings. And there’s supposed to be more anyways, so the goodbyes seem absolutely meaningless.It just doesn’t seem right. I thought bungie really put nice endings on halo 3 and reach. And its kind of looking like microsoft is just using the halo IP to milk the halo cow to its painful doom.

Discuss

Should 343 really keep going with the halo series??

Yes.
/thread

:slight_smile:

Seeing as I dont feel like there has been a great Halo game since 2, yes, I feel strongly that 343 should at least give it a shot to save the franchise that a lot of long-time fans have held dear despite a lot of us feeling shafted by Bungie.

I will admit I loved 3’s campaign though :smiley:

It’s the rules of business, if something sells good, makes good profit, you keep selling it, Halo has never really failed to achieve millions, and besides, Halo is one of the best story driven games out there. (:

Another trilogy is milking it? I’d actually be a little heartbroken if they left the series as is. Sure the war is essentially over, but Chief is still alive and floating in space on some God-forsaken cruiser, I want to see him make the trip back home.

It’s kind of the reason why 343i was created in the first place, so… yeah.

I am not really in agreement with just letting it end where it is.

But then again, I am a Star Trek and Stargate fan, to the point of loving all the series and movies. So I guess I am a little biased when it comes to scifi series never dieing.

In my opinion that is one of the beauties of Halo, the story, it has such potential in the scifi realm to take us in so many different directions for years to come.

Besides that was the reason for the creation of 343i in the first place, and if they just stopped now well…that’s just not gonna happen.

By the way I loved all the extras in Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and seeing the dedication they had to each other and the movies. I can’t wait for The Hobbit.

<4

With such a large fanbase? There is no way halo would be allowed to die with so many people still interested. The only way halo will officially die is if people stop buying the games.

> And its kind of looking like microsoft is just using the halo IP to milk the halo cow to its painful doom.

Why is it that people just assume Microsoft is going to milk the thing to death? They created a whole company dedicated to producing quality Halo content. A company made up of industry veterans and former Bungie employees. As long as the content is of great quality, who cares if Halo is being milked?

343i seems to be really dedicated to Halo’s story. I think that they want to do this just as much as Microsoft wants to reap in the benefits from it. So, as long as 343i doesn’t eff it up, I’m fine with them continuing the story. I even hope for some side games like Halo ODST 2 or a Halo Wars 2. That’d be great.

Yeah, and look at all the free stuff such as videos and other content they are putting out just to give people more stories? That takes time and money to produce, yet they aren’t charging us. I have a lot of respect for this company so far, they seem to know what most of the community wants at this point, but it is also very vague, they could be playing politician and just appeasing the fans.

Only time, CEA and H4, will tell.

> 343i seems to be really dedicated to Halo’s story. I think that they want to do this just as much as Microsoft wants to reap in the benefits from it. So, as long as 343i doesn’t eff it up, I’m fine with them continuing the story. I even hope for some side games like Halo ODST 2 or a Halo Wars 2. That’d be great.

I agree, I would even go for a Halo Arcade game or maybe they can revisit the MMO idea. Right now there are no limits. I does not have to be just one kind of game for one kind of player.

> 343i seems to be really dedicated to Halo’s story. I think that they want to do this just as much as Microsoft wants to reap in the benefits from it. So, as long as 343i doesn’t eff it up, I’m fine with them continuing the story. I even hope for some side games like Halo ODST 2 or a Halo Wars 2. That’d be great.

Yes! And if Halo Wars 2 looked like the Halo Wars that was previewed at E3, it will have GOTY written all over it.

God it was so beautiful. Why did they ruin it?! :’(

> Should 343 really keep going with the halo series??
>
> Yes.
> /thread
>
> :slight_smile:

^ This.

> > Should 343 really keep going with the halo series??
> >
> > Yes.
> > /thread
> >
> > :slight_smile:
>
> ^ This.

Truthfully i think yes, and probably no one but me has ever did this but when i beat halo 3 the first time i kind of cried because it was an end to a perfect trilogy, series, and and kick butt universe, but then i beat it on legendary then saw Chief and Cortana in space still alive, and i thought yes, they are back, baby. and quote from Sargent Major Johnson

> "
> Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep ‘em from gettin’ their filthy claws on Halo 4. But, we stumbled onto something they’re so hot for that they’re scrambling over each other to get it. Now, I don’t care if it’s God’s own anti-son-of-a–Yoink- machine or a giant hula-hoop. We’re not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in!
> Am I right Marines?! "—Staff Sergeant Johnson"
> Sir, yes sir!"—UNSC Marines"
> Mmm-hmmm! Damn right I am!—Staff Sergeant Johnson

How did the Halo 3 ending wrap anything up at all? If anything Bungie intended for the story to continue…

Of course they should continue making the halo series. Its one of the best!

I kind of feel like that the Halo series will only die when Master Chief does, and that will be a sad, sad day.

As long as they produce quality products and respect the lore, I’ll be happy to see new Halo content. It’ll have to end someday, yes, but I’d rather it end on something better than Reach.

puts on flame suit

The Halo series should have ended with 3.

Unless 343 pulls some kind of miracle, it’s downhill from here.

Sad to admit, but true.