Should 343 Overhaul the MP Staff before H5?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Take a look at some of the things that have made H4 pretty much unplayable, particularly the bomb that is the multiplayer:

Boltshot (1sk in loadouts)
Prom Vision/Camo (as loadouts)
Horrendously unbalanced sandbox (DMR all day)
the State of BTB (slayer only, paper vehicles, plasma pistols/stickies in loadouts)
Exile in BTB (why is the Gauss even in MP?)
Ordinance (via assists, that you KEEP after death, wtf?)
DMR Aim Assist (is succeeded by the BR why is this in H4?)
Surplus of 1sk weapons (over 50% of the sandbox)
Binary Rifle (1sk sniper weapon???)
Railgun (hostgun, this thing is a fail)

<mark>And now think of how much of the above are no brainers for US, the hardcore fans.</mark>

It’s clear that this part of the staff ain’t got a clue. And I don’t mean that in a personal way. I’m just saying that as far as the multiplayer goes (balance, etc) the creation of it might be out of their league.

Some changes definitely need to be made. If this cast is allowed to work again H5 will likely bomb even further. We may not even get an H6.

I think that they’ll have learned how to handle mp the correct, Halo way by the time Halo 5 starts to come around.

I think they should hire all of the Internet warriors that are on sites like this one and THC, who think they can do a better job than 343i. I’m sure Halo 5 will be the best game ever!

> I think they should hire all of the Internet warriors that are on sites like this one and THC, who think they can do a better job than 343i. I’m sure Halo 5 will be the best game ever!

TheHaloCouncil really does know what they’re doing, but some people on this forum have…questionable, to put it lightly, views on how to make a Halo game.

> > I think they should hire all of the Internet warriors that are on sites like this one and THC, who think they can do a better job than 343i. I’m sure Halo 5 will be the best game ever!
>
> TheHaloCouncil really does know what they’re doing, but some people on this forum have…questionable, to put it lightly, views on how to make a Halo game.

No the people that run THC know what they are doing and offer constructive criticism. I was referring to your average poster over there, which is the opposite.

> > > I think they should hire all of the Internet warriors that are on sites like this one and THC, who think they can do a better job than 343i. I’m sure Halo 5 will be the best game ever!
> >
> > TheHaloCouncil really does know what they’re doing, but some people on this forum have…questionable, to put it lightly, views on how to make a Halo game.
>
> No the people that run THC know what they are doing and offer constructive criticism. I was referring to your average poster over there, which is the opposite.

Indeed. They make some great cases for improving Halo 4 in some of their videos.

what 343i needs to do is actually hire people from the community and not fans of the game from other development franchises …

I disagree with your views about the overall sandbox.
As a whole, the weapons we have in Halo 4 are miles ahead of what we have been getting since CE.
Are a lot of the Forerunner and Covenant power weapons a lot stronger than their UNSC counterparts? Yes. But they show up a lot less often.

Other than the few outliers in the Scattershot, Railgun, Binary, iCannon, Beam Rifle, and Fuel Rod, Carbine, and BR, the other weapons are fine. I did make a rather lengthy list, but we are given a lot of tools in Halo 4. Every one of the weapons I listed has a counterpart from at least one other faction.

The Boltshot works very well as a map pickup, and the DMR is a fine weapon in how it functions; it just needs to match the LR’s aim assist range.

The problem with Halo 4 is that 343 tried to make 3 different copies of every weapon, and it is difficult to make 5 unique explosive weapons without a couple outshining the others.

> I think they should hire all of the Internet warriors that are on sites like this one and THC, who think they can do a better job than 343i. I’m sure Halo 5 will be the best game ever!

Let me put it like this.

Those of us that know what map/weapon/game type balance is WOULD have done a better job without a doubt.

This game is a mess, because people with programming degrees lacked in the game quality department.

> The problem with Halo 4 is that 343 tried to make 3 different copies of every weapon, and it is difficult to make 5 unique explosive weapons without a couple outshining the others.

The problem is that the MP team got in over their head.

They scrapped descoping, a major part of the game, for flinch. And flinch was born via the specialization/perk to reduce flinching.

Both the specialization and flinch are completely unnecessary. Just a ploy for those to further customize their loadout (horrible idea, AA’s should be pick ups) and dress their barbie doll (which is hardly even noticeable in Team MP).

Descoping was fine as is, and a staple in Halo Gameplay. It should never have been removed.

i agree with the bolt shot thing

prom and active are annoying

i don’t agree that it is unbalanced, personally i think this game is so much more balanced than most other halos with the exception of secondary weapons. most weapons have usability in this game

BTB is by FAR the most popular playlist because of the number of choices on those maps make almost everygame interesting. sure, i would like some objective, but slayer is easily the most popular gametype.

exile is the best btb map that is offered on halo 4 by far. gauss is a lot less powerful in h4 than reach, and it is fun to use

are you saying assists are not at all important? i think that they should attribute toward ordinances so you don’t get overly ticked about getting your kills stolen. i like ordinances in non competitive play, and a majority of the noncompetitive community do too obvious from the large amount of players in Infinity Slayer and Infinity Big Team.

Yes, DMR is SLIGHTLY over powered, but not to the massive extent that everyone complains about. I have lost to BR when using DMR, and I have beat people with DMR using BR. they should make the bloom a bit larger to balance it out from the BR. That would be enough to make it harder to use to make the competitive community “happy” if there is such a thing in that community.

I can’t believe that over half the weapons in the game are one shot kills, but after looking it up, it is true. I haven’t noticed getting killed CONSTANTLY with one-shot kill weapons, so I’m not too bothered by it.

Binary is extremely difficult to use with it pretty much giving away your position to everyone on the map, i swear it has like zero auto aim some days, and it is nearly impossible to no-scope with unless you are at shotgun range

rail gun has a very nice skill gap. if you aren’t good with timing it, you won’t be good with it. this is a very good weapon for competitive play, i don’t understand why you would hate on it at all actually.

I love halo 4, there are small problems to it, but calling it unplayable is a bit of a stretch, i can play it just fine thank you very much. and saying 343i doesn’t have a clue, that is about the funniest thing i have ever heard. like my god is this a teenager complaining to there parents that their teachers don’t have a clue how to teach and that is how they are failing math class when there are plenty in that class that are doing just fine? 343i hired bravo who has great insight into competitive halo, they have admitted that they made some mistakes and they are fixing them. I think they are doing a nice job.

the only massive let down for halo 4 is that flood is a major downgrade from halo reaches living dead. get rid of the flood aa, and give them unlimited sprint, get rid of human aa, and give back the one shot pistol. that playlist would be back up to infinity slayer population count.

> > I think they should hire all of the Internet warriors that are on sites like this one and THC, who think they can do a better job than 343i. I’m sure Halo 5 will be the best game ever!
>
> Let me put it like this.
>
> Those of us that know what map/weapon/game type balance is WOULD have done a better job without a doubt.
>
> This game is a mess, because people with programming degrees lacked in the game quality department.

As much as every developer would like to do this, do they have the skills for it? Do they understand project management and things like Scrums and Sprints? What about programming? Can they help design maps? Do they understand limitations of hardware? Do they understand scope and releases? Do they want to spend 70+ hours during crunch time at the office? Can they read, and edit game design documents? And most of all can they work well with the rest of the development team?

There are many factors when it comes to hiring someone. Just getting your biggest and most knowledgeable fans is not always the best option.

I’d never take a paycheck out of man’s mouth for trying something new. Cutting entire teams and departments is poor business practice, anyway. It’s rash and reactionary. Besides, it’s foolish to assume the team will just do the same thing for H6. Not one Halo MP experience has been the same as the other, why would that suddenly stop? To prove your hyperbole?

Halo 4 multiplayer has as many successes as it does failures. None are as extreme as some people on this forum would make them out to be. The truth, as usual, lies somewhere in the middle.

For instance, the things you mention… I don’t really have an issue with them. They certainly don’t make the game unenjoyable to me. I would welcome small adjustments through TUs. The rest can wait until H5.

The multiplayer team will be just fine if they can make Halo 5 represent the best of H2, H3/ODST, Reach, and H4. It’s time to consolidate some of the new things these last four Halos introduced.

No. They shouldn’t. Think about it like this. When this game came out, there were a ton of flaws. No one disputes that including 343. Since then they have given us smaller maps, integrated community made arena maps, expanded the playlist options tremendously, tweaked individual maps for certain playlists, nerfed the Boltshot, and are working on a ranking system.

By no means is this enough, but they have seen their problems and tried to create a more competitive experience for the community. Halo 5 they will have a new template to work with to integrate everything they have been trying to do with this finished game.