Should 343 keep updating H4, or focus on H5?

343 studios will be developing the next Halo game. They are also the studio that’s supporting Halo 4.

So if you got to decide where they focus their attention, would you have 343 continue to provide relatively heavy support to Halo (tuning updates, map changes, etc;) or focus entirely on the new Halo and only fixing major bugs found in 4?

Outside the weapon update, they haven’t provided heavy support. Playlist restructuring every few months is less than ideal.

They probably already are focusing on Halo 5.

I predict all of Halo 4’s issue’s will be solved before Halo 5 is released. Remember, they have 3 games they are working on plus a TV show.

Where are those last batches of Campaign easter eggs? :confused:

> Outside the weapon update, they haven’t provided heavy support. Playlist restructuring every few months is less than ideal.
>
> They probably already are focusing on Halo 5.

I guess you’ve forgotten about the first 2 or 3 months of minor tweaks and updates every week, the first 2 updates before the most recent one, and constant playlist maintenance in response to fan demand and request. How is that not support?

OP: Where’s the option for both? 343 is over 200 people, I think they can support Halo 4 and develop Halo 5 (assuming this is Halo 5).

They should concentrate 100% on Halo 5 and leave Halo 4 to die.

> They should concentrate 100% on Halo 5 and leave Halo 4 to die.

Dude, yes. So glad to see people thinking this way.

> > Outside the weapon update, they haven’t provided heavy support. Playlist restructuring every few months is less than ideal.
> >
> > They probably already are focusing on Halo 5.
>
> I guess you’ve forgotten about the first 2 or 3 months of minor tweaks and updates every week, the first 2 updates before the most recent one, and constant playlist maintenance in response to fan demand and request. How is that not support?
>
> OP: Where’s the option for both? 343 is over 200 people, I think they can support Halo 4 and develop Halo 5 (assuming this is Halo 5).

Since 343 developing Halo 5 is a given, I was thinking that providing major updates for Halo 4 would be the “both.”

Focus on Halo 5 but don’t leave Halo 4 in the dust just yet. We still have to wait well over a year before we get Halo 5 and we still need something to do between the wait.

Just bring us back an assault gametype in matchmaking and customs (which could rather easily be created by modifying grifball)

Bring back classic infection for customs (which would rather easily be created by modifying either slayer OR flood)

> > > Outside the weapon update, they haven’t provided heavy support. Playlist restructuring every few months is less than ideal.
> > >
> > > They probably already are focusing on Halo 5.
> >
> > I guess you’ve forgotten about the first 2 or 3 months of minor tweaks and updates every week, the first 2 updates before the most recent one, and constant playlist maintenance in response to fan demand and request. How is that not support?
> >
> > OP: Where’s the option for both? 343 is over 200 people, I think they can support Halo 4 and develop Halo 5 (assuming this is Halo 5).
>
> Since 343 developing Halo 5 is a given, I was thinking that providing major updates for Halo 4 would be the “both.”

Ah yes. I guess I didn’t think about that too thoroughly. XP

They are a big company i think they have more than one groups who work on a game some will still be in the Halo 4 section and some in the new game section etc.

Halo 4 still has a lot of potential and I’m hoping for a lifespan beyond a year and a half. I’m hoping for at least two years, even with Xbox One coming. I have a feeling that, even though the Xbox 360 is still going to be supported by Microsoft, Halo 4 is going to be the last Xbox 360 Halo game. They should push Halo 4 to the very end, and give each Xbox 360-based Halo game one last major update to boot.

They should work on both. Halo 4 still has some issues to be fixed, and I’m sure 343i will be able to multi-task.

Assuming they don’t have any further major additions to make to the game i.e, more DLC maps/weapons/armour, they don’t really need a massive team working on Halo 4.

It seems like Halo 4 has now reached the stage where everything 343 needs to change on thier end can be done with sliders and a few buttons. They don’t need to add new functionality in, beyond integration with stuff like Spartan Assault.

Maybe a dozen or so people now will be working solely on Halo 4. Everyone else will either be doing Halo 5, or both.

> They are a big company i think they have more than one groups who work on a game some will still be in the Halo 4 section and some in the new game section etc.

Although that’s exactly what is likely happening, the question was whether or not 343 should spend the entirety of their attention on the new game.