Should 343 drop xbox one version of Infinite?

There is a video on spawn wave in youtube that there are rumors about 343 dropping the xbox one version of Halo infinite. This goes against what Phil Spencer had promised before with that being the first two years of series x, all 1st party titles will be available from one to series x.

Ever since 343 delayed infinite to 2021, this has given them more time to perfect the game they envisioned for 5 years. But the demo has shown that xbox one is holding the game back. Makes sense because if i am not mistaken, the game was meant to release last year on current gen, not next gen.

Personally, i think it is best to drop the one version and really push halo to being the best it can be without compromise. I would even be willing to wait until 2022 if needed.

I want to start this forum to see where this community stands on this.
Share you’re thoughts. I think 343 should hear us out on this.

I think the base xbox one weak cpu will be the bottle neck for such as an expansive open world and I don’t expect it to run well at all but as far as detail you can always downscale that on the base xbox one.

If the game runs currently on Xbox One, which it should since it was meant to launch in about three months, there’s no reason not to launch it on both platforms. They can focus the remainder of development time on improving the next gen version, but there’s no reason to scrap the Xbone version since they’ve been working on that for about 5 years

> 2533274846978810;3:
> If the game runs currently on Xbox One, which it should since it was meant to launch in about three months, there’s no reason not to launch it on both platforms. They can focus the remainder of development time on improving the next gen version, but there’s no reason to scrap the Xbone version since they’ve been working on that for about 5 years

Might be 30 frames and below 1080p on base xbox one but as long as the multiplayer component is 60 frames on base xbox one it should be alright.

> 2535420220564801;4:
> > 2533274846978810;3:
> > If the game runs currently on Xbox One, which it should since it was meant to launch in about three months, there’s no reason not to launch it on both platforms. They can focus the remainder of development time on improving the next gen version, but there’s no reason to scrap the Xbone version since they’ve been working on that for about 5 years
>
> Might be 30 frames and below 1080p on base xbox one but as long as the multiplayer component is 60 frames on base xbox one it should be alright.

They could drop it to 480p for all I care, as long as there’s an option to play it on the console like they’ve promised repeatedly

> 2533274846978810;3:
> If the game runs currently on Xbox One, which it should since it was meant to launch in about three months, there’s no reason not to launch it on both platforms. They can focus the remainder of development time on improving the next gen version, but there’s no reason to scrap the Xbone version since they’ve been working on that for about 5 years

it’s a good point. I think this is a rumor but there was mention that infinite had to be built from the ground up three years ago because they adopted the slipspace engine.
here is the link to the video for everyone; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iECylR9y44
it mentions that one is struggling to even be at 900p.

Personally, it feels more like a detriment because 343 is struggling over the one. I think when considering resource management, they should consolidate and focus only on the series s and x version. and pc too.
remember, current gen and next gen xbox’s are of different architecture. it’s not as simple as downgrading or upgrading the visuals.

> 2533274899826363;6:
> > 2533274846978810;3:
> > If the game runs currently on Xbox One, which it should since it was meant to launch in about three months, there’s no reason not to launch it on both platforms. They can focus the remainder of development time on improving the next gen version, but there’s no reason to scrap the Xbone version since they’ve been working on that for about 5 years
>
> it’s a good point. I think this is a rumor but there was mention that infinite had to be built from the ground up three years ago because they adopted the slipspace engine.
> here is the link to the video for everyone; Halo Infinite Dropping Xbox One Support? - YouTube mentions that one is struggling to even be at 900p.
>
> Personally, it feels more like a detriment because 343 is struggling over the one. I think when considering resource management, they should consolidate and focus only on the series s and x version. and pc too.
> remember, current gen and next gen xbox’s are of different architecture. it’s not as simple as downgrading or upgrading the visuals.

Yeah, but the game has been in development for five years with the One in mind. They’ve delayed it to next year, but we still don’t know if that’ll be around March or as far as November 2021. If they’re delaying by just a few months (which would be a sign the game had a healthy or passable development process), there’d be no reason to cancel the Xbone version since they don’t have the time to transform Infinite into something the One fundamentally can’t run. If they’re delaying it by a whole year, that’s a sign that the game is nowhere near finished after 5 years of development, and the platforms it releases on should be the least of our worries because it’s probably going to crash and burn

> 2533274846978810;7:
> > 2533274899826363;6:
> > > 2533274846978810;3:
> > > If the game runs currently on Xbox One, which it should since it was meant to launch in about three months, there’s no reason not to launch it on both platforms. They can focus the remainder of development time on improving the next gen version, but there’s no reason to scrap the Xbone version since they’ve been working on that for about 5 years
> >
> > it’s a good point. I think this is a rumor but there was mention that infinite had to be built from the ground up three years ago because they adopted the slipspace engine.
> > here is the link to the video for everyone; Halo Infinite Dropping Xbox One Support? - YouTube mentions that one is struggling to even be at 900p.
> >
> > Personally, it feels more like a detriment because 343 is struggling over the one. I think when considering resource management, they should consolidate and focus only on the series s and x version. and pc too.
> > remember, current gen and next gen xbox’s are of different architecture. it’s not as simple as downgrading or upgrading the visuals.
>
> Yeah, but the game has been in development for five years with the One in mind. They’ve delayed it to next year, but we still don’t know if that’ll be around March or as far as November 2021. If they’re delaying by just a few months (which would be a sign the game had a healthy or passable development process), there’d be no reason to cancel the Xbone version since they don’t have the time to transform Infinite into something the One fundamentally can’t run. If they’re delaying it by a whole year, that’s a sign that the game is nowhere near finished after 5 years of development, and the platforms it releases on should be the least of our worries because it’s probably going to crash and burn

Yo I think people gotta be okay with infinite being a upscaled xbox one game because that’s really what it is on the series X. For me my pc is roughly equivalent to a ps4 Pro in GPU power but I got a weak 4 core cpu that will be a hassle to upgrade and I know a lot of people are on that boat and trying to save for Nvidia’s 3000 series GPU’s instead of buying a new computer now. They don’t want to be forced to buy a 3070 because of 343 pushing the Series X’s hardware (which is actually very good hardware) while pricing out series S, budget mid tier PC’s , and base Xbox one fans. Appealing to these fans will push the game’s sales too.

No, not until at least 1-2 years after launch wherein XboxSX exclusives start coming out where Halo Infinite should be discontinued on older consoles, no reason to permanently bottleneck the game when we can just dump the Xbox1 version later on when it’s more economical and logical for people to upgrade as the older consoles start receiving less support and less games, and the price of the newer ones has gone down. Then 343 can start with the big updates that only the XboxSX can handle.

I’m going to state an unpopular opinion and say that I would support 343 delaying or cancelling Xbox One support for Halo Infinite. Simply put, I don’t want 343 to have to make compromises to the design or vision for Halo Infinite in order to ensure compatibility with weaker hardware, especially since Halo Infinite is supposed to be the Halo “platform” for the foreseeable future.

That said, I would understand it if some players would feel betrayed if this were to happen. After all, Phil Spencer has been promising quite vociferously that Halo Infinite will be available on Xbox One. I, on the other hand, have been on record since the initial announcement as saying that was a bad idea for the very reason it is supposedly giving 343 fits now.

343 wants to deliver a next-gen experience but they promised it to users of current-gen hardware. Somewhere along the line, they’re going to have to make compromises, and that’s not something I want to see happen to Halo Infinite. I know abandoning Xbox One would leave a lot of gamers out to dry, but that’s the price of next-gen. Always has been, and will continue to be so.

They’ll have to abandon Xbox One support at some point anyway. It’s all very confusing I’m not sure why they chose this approach to begin with.

> 2535434376982638;11:
> They’ll have to abandon Xbox One support at some point anyway. It’s all very confusing I’m not sure why they chose this approach to begin with.

Typical 343 move man, they always do something illogical at the exact wrong time.

If the rumors are true they should go ahead and drop it.

There have been so many disappointing decisions made for the XSX so far, from the marketing to launch, and all that aside they had an uphill battle in the first place. They’re gonna get destroyed so hard this winter, they should just drop all support for XB1 and go full send on XSX. I can’t believe that after all this hype and all this talk of lessons learned that Xbox is going to be playing catch up like this again.

Read something about how they’re prepared to delay Halo Infinite until 2022. I guess we’ll just have to see what happens. I’d rather get an Xbox One version for the time being and see how the Xbox Series X performs after a while before investing money into a newer system.

> 2535434376982638;11:
> They’ll have to abandon Xbox One support at some point anyway. It’s all very confusing I’m not sure why they chose this approach to begin with.

It all comes down to the install base. At the time Halo Infinite launches, many more people will have an Xbox One than an Xbox Series X. 343 wants to get Halo Infinite in as many people’s hands as possible, so making it available to the larger audience makes sense from that perspective.

The problem I have with it is the compromises 343 will inevitably have to make to ensure Halo Infinite works and provides a consistent experience on both consoles, especially if they want us to still be playing Halo Infinite 10 years from now. I would hate to see a game that is planning to have that long of a lifetime compromised due to issues that were only relevant at launch.

Again as a Developer! I am hoping this is True. This Halo needs to be the best Halo and to take on the many amazing games coming out in the next 2 years. Halo needs to step it up! Gameplay and Graphics and Action! So I am hoping 343 brings everyone to the Table and gets it done. Push the Xbox Series X give me a reason to buy it. This can be that Reason - just like how Halo 1 made me get the very first Xbox. DO IT! 343
Plus this might give them more time to add on more Campaign which was going to be part of the 10 year project. Just make the game amazing and big. Create the next “Super Metroid” Type 3D exploring FPS - Blow our minds! Then you will win the next generation in the 2020’s

Games which will easily beat Halo in the Current State Are:
Atomic Heart
Cyberpunk 2077
Black Myth’s Wukong and many other upcoming games.

They’ll abandon support for it at some point in time in the near future as others have stated already, so I for one am all for the Xbox One version being cancelled and it just being on the Series consoles and PC.

Yes, they need to go full to Xbox Series X and PC … XOS, XOX, XSX, PC (too many versions). Maybe they should just leave free multiplayer on all consoles.

> 2533274803807135;18:
> Yes, they need to go full to Xbox Series X and PC … XOS, XOX, XSX, PC (too many versions). Maybe they should just leave free multiplayer on all consoles.

I would be okay with this. Just give Xbox One the multi-player component (since that’s all most people play anyway) and put the full game on Xbox Series X and PC.

The problem at this point is that the game has already been designed to run on Xbone. Ditching it now doesn’t make much sense, even if it’s 720p and 30fps. That’s not the end of the world.

People with Xbone S need to accept that their hardware is very old and they can’t expect a top of the line experience in a game released in 2021.

Ditching now would do nothing other than make Phil and liar, and hurt the Xbox brand. People need to calm down. Good games go through development like this sometimes. Halo 2 is a perfect example.