Shotty or Scattershotty?

Do you all prefer using the shotgun or scattershot when it comes to close range encounters? Each have slightly different perks and functions but the base idea is the same.
Personally, i find the shotgun is more reliable to get kills with in Halo 5. I think the Halo 4 scattershot was a beast, but it’s definitely different now from the way it was in 4.
Let me know what you think!

Shotgun is pretty consistent from experience. Scattershot is more of a spamming weapon.

The best part about the Scattershot is the ricochet off walls and ground. It helps with fleeing enemies

Scattershot: Didact’s Signet

> 2533274804280158;4:
> Scattershot: Didact’s Signet

Scattershot: Loathsome Thing

Shotgun.
The Scattershot just feels so random.

> 2533274989469309;5:
> > 2533274804280158;4:
> > Loathsome ThingScattershot: Didact’s Signet
>
> Scattershot: Loathsome Thing

That’s cool but Didact’s Signet is still better because it can be deadly at medium combat instead of close. The Loathsome Thing is ok but just because it has extra ammo doesn’t always make it better.

SCOOTERSHOT!

The scattershot imo is probably the one that I am better with. I still haven’t gotten down the best way to lead targets when it comes to the scattershot, but it has a similar feel to the plasma rifle in that sense. It’s better than the shotgun head on but those can be few and far in between. I really do enjoy the ricochet feature and find it’s a good way to get kills.

For default weapons, I’d take the shotgun. The scattershot feels too inconsistent with any kind of range even with the zoom in feature. The ricochet ability is nice, but it’s very situational.

If we aren’t including variants (because we shouldn’t)…
Shotgun. Scattershot is hideously inconsistent in killing power and it’s “special ability” is just plain trash.
Just get in there with the shotgun and tear them apart.

> 2533275031935123;11:
> If we aren’t including variants (because we shouldn’t)…
> Shotgun. Scattershot is hideously inconsistent in killing power and it’s “special ability” is just plain trash.
> Just get in there with the shotgun and tear them apart.

I’d agree that it seems inconsistent and the shotgun is better, but ricochet shot isn’t “trash”. It can also be inconsistent but still effective and can make some creative kills.

> 2533274804280158;7:
> > 2533274989469309;5:
> > > 2533274804280158;4:
> > > Loathsome ThingScattershot: Didact’s Signet
> >
> > Scattershot: Loathsome Thing
>
> That’s cool but Didact’s Signet is still better because it can be deadly at medium combat instead of close. The Loathsome Thing is ok but just because it has extra ammo doesn’t always make it better.

scattershot didact’s signet is good at combat but if the enemy is runnig you can make the shots bounce off the walls and the shot will track the enemy and finish him/her off and the loathsome thing has a lot more ammo and it has a dramatic increase in its fire rate and reload

and I would go with a shotgun

If it’s classic cqc I got shotgun but I use the scattershot as it can get a bit more range then the shotgun

Shotgun in close just do to damage scatter shot can be iffy when it comes to one shot kill

The Shotgun can actually kill its target

The Scattershot is a joking matter

Shotty just because I have a higher chance at surviving a sword lunge with it.

Then again I never got a frenzy with a normal shotty but I got a running riot with a scatter before.

For one shot kills, I’ll go for the Shotgun. The Scattershot on the other hand is more of a panic gun as you have to shoot 2 rounds unless the target is real close to you.

I’d say the Shotgun. Even though I feel it’s damage drop-off range starts way too early, it still feels much more consistent than the Scattershot.

If we’re taking all the variations into account, the Scattershot has more useful variations than the Shotgun, but the Blaze of Glory trumps all.