Shotty and SMG overpowered?

What are your thoughts? Watching the Gamescon invitational has made me very worried about the balance of the shotty and the SMG. Specifically the SMG as it just melts people. Should they be tweaked at all?

They’re basically power weapons, brah. They’re supposed to be more powerful than the ones you spawn with. I trust 343i in terms of weapon balance this time around. The beta felt good.

About time we get some varying gameplay, what’s the point in useless weapons?

Yeah they seemed to be incredibly deadly, partly because they’re simple to use, partly because they the bullets now hit so assuredly.

I’m glad they are actually usefull weapons this time

Shotty seems to have quite long range so maybe a nerf to range but the SMG seems fine

The shotgun itself I don’t have an issue with, its the awful dynamic timer it is attached to. Dynamic timers are incredible easy to abuse since only the person who has can accurately time the weapon, the same goes for the overshield. You see the same people getting over and over again as only those players have an accurate time to go off of.

There is just no reason for it.

I personally felt a bit like the magnum had too much range. Many of the players were using magnums over DMR’s and BR’s and that probably isn’t good

You know the balance has been shaken up when a guy called Snipedrone is running around with a shotgun and SMG. :slight_smile:

I find the real problem to be the shotguns range. It’s suppose to do heavy damage, but it really does have to much range from what I saw in the tournament.

Shotty Range could probably use a slight nerf in my opinion although I love how powerful it seems.

The SMG was a little overbearing. The players that had the SMG just stripped shields and finished players so easily, it just seems very easy to use for how much damage it can dish out.

Was this a live event? I am at work so I can’t watch, ugh.

> 2533274885498412;1:
> What are your thoughts? Watching the Gamescon invitational has made me very worried about the balance of the shotty and the SMG. Specifically the SMG as it just melts people. Should they be tweaked at all?

in this build they are, they will change for final build (i hope the change is ideal)

> 2533274803493024;2:
> They’re basically power weapons, brah. They’re supposed to be more powerful than the ones you spawn with. I trust 343i in terms of weapon balance this time around. The beta felt good.

gamescom build wasn’t the beta, there were many balance changes. they are power weapons. though depending on what route the smg either had too much range or the ttk was too quick, depends on how you want it to play. the shotgun 1sk range was too long, the ce shotgun was the best one we’ve had in the final build of a halo game, the range was good but the 1sk range was short, and for a reason.

> 2533275007059966;8:
> I personally felt a bit like the magnum had too much range. Many of the players were using magnums over DMR’s and BR’s and that probably isn’t good

that was because the ttk on the pistol is better and the automatics in this gamescom build were more favourable than br and dmr, hence why the pocket weapon was ar and smg and not br or dmr.

The balance is just terrible in general.

Shotty is a power weapon, it’s supposed to be OP. The Halo 3 SMG feels like Halo 5’s, just a bit weaker, due to duel wielding.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> They’re basically power weapons, brah. They’re supposed to be more powerful than the ones you spawn with. I trust 343i in terms of weapon balance this time around. The beta felt good.

I agree. Although I found I could clean house a few times before dying with the smg, I think it could be tweaked quite a bit. I mean, you could mow down two fully shielded enemies with one clip, and a whole team if you threw your grenade right.

> 2533275030582002;15:
> Shotty is a power weapon, it’s supposed to be OP. The Halo 3 SMG feels like Halo 5’s, just a bit weaker, due to duel wielding.

H5 SMG is like H4’s SAW lol.

Well, the game isn’t even out yet, so I have to wait to play it.

> Shotgun is super powerful in H5G. That’s intentional. One thing we’ve changed since the build played tonight is clip size (down to 5 shots). @JoshingtonState

> 2535471421573554;17:
> > 2533275030582002;15:
> > Shotty is a power weapon, it’s supposed to be OP. The Halo 3 SMG feels like Halo 5’s, just a bit weaker, due to duel wielding.
>
>
> H5 SMG is like H4’s SAW lol.

No.