Shotgun in video

This looks to be a placeholder but it does show how the shotgun may still function as a one shot kill. In addition, the victim seems to be using a jetpack, although I may be incorrect.
Halo 4 Shotgun

Interesting. :slight_smile:

And yes, it is the Jet-Pack. It doesn’t look like thuster-packs and the light is red. TP’s have blue lights. :slight_smile:

I think that’s jetpack, you can see something protruding from his back if you pause at the right time. (besides the thrusters)

I really hope the shotgun is still a one shot kill. I thought that it was weak in Reach. However, in the video I don’t know if the guy died or not when he was shot…

Well that is slightly disappointing, hopefully it is for customs and not matchmaking

That doesn’t look like this: http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1200&bih=624&tbm=isch&tbnid=pCbNwL3VlMlB-M:&imgrefurl=http://www.moreconsole.com/2012/07/halo-4-new-look-shotgun-revealed.html&docid=rbBaQTjr_kQwXM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mdVLBDnOg0M/T_nb7ET-j1I/AAAAAAAAEZI/KhoaCBMlkeI/s1600/shotty.png&w=619&h=321&ei=YvcRUInbGcXJqgHCw4CICA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=721&vpy=163&dur=8977&hovh=162&hovw=312&tx=167&ty=85&sig=115215237549222731705&page=1&tbnh=98&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:82

the shot gun still looks the same. though this game play is months old as confirmed by 343.

that has to be jetpack its too bulky to be thrusters

I’m 99% sure that is a placeholder. The textures aren’t finished and it doesn’t’ look similar to the picture that 343i gave us. Thanks for posting this, I haven’t seen any shotgun gameplay for Halo 4 until now. :slight_smile:

No problem. I haven’t posted often on this forum. But I aim to give quality posts when I do.

Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.

> Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.

You’re complaining about an AA without having seen more than 1 second of footage–so little in fact, no one’s positive if it even IS the jetpack–and you’re saying it looks just as bad as Reach, despite 343i already having said that all AA’s have been modified in some way.

Brilliant. Honestly though, if you’re that critical about this game and this company, then I don’t think you’ll have ever enjoyed the game in the first place.

> This looks to be a placeholder but it does show how the shotgun may still function as a one shot kill. In addition, the victim seems to be using a jetpack, although I may be incorrect.
> Halo 4 Shotgun

Hmm, interesting, I wish 343 just made the thruster pack able to boost up like it does sideways :confused: Oh, and this looks like Reach, and I really hope the real one doesn’t look like Reach, I’m tired of everything Reach, even the animations of Halo 4 make me mad (like sprinting and reloading).

> Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.

plz learn to not jump to conclusions like other noob posters. We’ve seen it in action for about a sec.

> > Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.
>
> plz learn to not jump to conclusions like other noob posters. We’ve seen it in action for about a sec.

Your right I apologize. I just really hate the jetpack, I thought it was broken as hell. I hope 343i has nerfed it when compared to Reach.

> I really hope the shotgun is still a one shot kill. I thought that it was weak in Reach. However, in the video I don’t know if the guy died or not when he was shot…

Actually it was better then H3s shotgun.

Imagine this

Halo 3: IIII–>

Reach : IIIIIII—>

The areas marked with a ‘‘I’’ marks the insta kill range of the shotgun.
Bear with me, it is just an old statistic i found on B.net

/Not trying to be a smartass tho :slight_smile:

> That doesn’t look like this: http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1200&bih=624&tbm=isch&tbnid=pCbNwL3VlMlB-M:&imgrefurl=http://www.moreconsole.com/2012/07/halo-4-new-look-shotgun-revealed.html&docid=rbBaQTjr_kQwXM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mdVLBDnOg0M/T_nb7ET-j1I/AAAAAAAAEZI/KhoaCBMlkeI/s1600/shotty.png&w=619&h=321&ei=YvcRUInbGcXJqgHCw4CICA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=721&vpy=163&dur=8977&hovh=162&hovw=312&tx=167&ty=85&sig=115215237549222731705&page=1&tbnh=98&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:82

It’s called a Placeholder.

> > Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.
>
> You’re complaining about an AA without having seen more than 1 second of footage–so little in fact, no one’s positive if it even IS the jetpack–and you’re saying it looks just as bad as Reach, despite 343i already having said that all AA’s have been modified in some way.
>
> Brilliant. Honestly though, if you’re that critical about this game and this company, then I don’t think you’ll have ever enjoyed the game in the first place.

1. I jumped to a conclusion your right.
  2. It is the jetpack
  3. I am a huge supporter of just about everything 343i has done, look at my posts if you want. I think Halo 4 over all looks like it can be the best in the series. Also I LOVE Reach. So you also jumped to a conclusion, about me, so your hypocritical.

Dear God I hope they run with this design instead! It looks much more beastly than this placeholder. I hope they don’t change it.

> > > Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.
> >
> > plz learn to not jump to conclusions like other noob posters. We’ve seen it in action for about a sec.
>
> Your right I apologize. I just really hate the jetpack, I thought it was broken as hell. I hope 343i has nerfed it when compared to Reach.

I hope so too.

Now that I think about it, the shotgun wielder is higher than a regular vertical jump, but not too high. I’m speculating that he used a full “jump pack” burst and came back down to shotgun the other person.

> > > Great the jetpack is back and it looks just as bad as Reach, good job 343i.
> >
> > You’re complaining about an AA without having seen more than 1 second of footage–so little in fact, no one’s positive if it even IS the jetpack–and you’re saying it looks just as bad as Reach, despite 343i already having said that all AA’s have been modified in some way.
> >
> > Brilliant. Honestly though, if you’re that critical about this game and this company, then I don’t think you’ll have ever enjoyed the game in the first place.
>
> 1. I jumped to a conclusion your right.
> 2. It is the jetpack
> 3. I am a huge supporter of just about everything 343i has done, look at my posts if you want. I think Halo 4 over all looks like it can be the best in the series. Also I LOVE Reach. So you also jumped to a conclusion, about me, so your hypocritical.

With all the complaining over AAs the last few months, you can hardly blame him for saying that.

Not picking sides, just saying.