Shotgun a loadout weapon?

Please just tell me it was just for E3 that the shotgun appears under starting weapons. 343 should never give the player a weapon to camp with from the start. I understand that a bunch of things from E3 wasn’t representative of the final game and I really hope this is one of those things. It makes no sense at all to start people with shotty. In gears it’s acceptable as you can corner peek. In Halo you’re just going to run across campers all day. People will abuse the ability to hide… I know this is an old news topic it’s just been bugging me pretty badly.

It is one of the worst ideas I’ve seen… ever.

well u can esayly take the guy with the shotgun out with a BRn AR, Magnum etc, i think they nerfed the rage, so anything mid to long range will most likely put him down

so dont worry guys!

I don’t think they would make it a load out weapon. They already said they will make it so you can’t spawn with power weapons.

With two acting shotguns, one of which is a power weapon that will be an ordnance weapon. That puts the human shotgun in a lesser state. And witj 15 primaries, i wouldnt be surprised to see it stay.

> well u can esayly take the guy with the shotgun out with a BRn AR, Magnum etc, i think they nerfed the rage, so anything mid to long range will most likely put him down
>
> so dont worry guys!

In a way that makes it even worse. The person would be pretty much forced to camp with it now. If it’s in it’s going to be abused. Trust me when I say that more people will complain about camping shotty kids more than PV or anything else.

I do also understand that you can use PV to counter campers but I’d rather it just not a option. Starting with a shotty will be the worst thing to happen to Halo. It doesn’t matter how nerfed it is.

> It makes no sense at all to start people with shotty. In gears it’s acceptable as you can corner peek. In Halo you’re just going to run across campers all day. People will abuse the ability to hide… I know this is an old news topic it’s just been bugging me pretty badly.

… Does your camping analysis consider ProVision, Hologram, HLS, TP or JP?

(Does the DMR not kick the shotgun’s -Yoink- from across maps?)

> > well u can esayly take the guy with the shotgun out with a BRn AR, Magnum etc, i think they nerfed the rage, so anything mid to long range will most likely put him down
> >
> > so dont worry guys!
>
> In a way that makes it even worse. The person would be pretty much forced to camp with it now. If it’s in it’s going to be abused. Trust me when I say that more people will complain about camping shotty kids more than PV or anything else.
>
> I do also understand that you can use PV to counter campers but I’d rather it just not a option. <mark>Starting with a shotty will be the worst thing to happen to Halo.</mark> It doesn’t matter how nerfed it is.

And yet, shotgun being a loadout in invasion isnt even close to being the top complaints for reach, hell, i almost never hear people complaining about it.

And your opening argument for gears being acceptable is flawed. In gears you can corner peek, but its so much easier to corner camp. And with a shotgun that has enough range to take down lancer players from a distance, i find it hardfor anyone to say thats acceptable. Its called ‘Gears of shotguns’ and ‘shotguns of war’ for a reason.

yes but now you can also spawn with a shotgun to clear out campers then switch back to your other weapon

> > > well u can esayly take the guy with the shotgun out with a BRn AR, Magnum etc, i think they nerfed the rage, so anything mid to long range will most likely put him down
> > >
> > > so dont worry guys!
> >
> > In a way that makes it even worse. The person would be pretty much forced to camp with it now. If it’s in it’s going to be abused. Trust me when I say that more people will complain about camping shotty kids more than PV or anything else.
> >
> > I do also understand that you can use PV to counter campers but I’d rather it just not a option. <mark>Starting with a shotty will be the worst thing to happen to Halo.</mark> It doesn’t matter how nerfed it is.
>
> <mark>And yet, shotgun being a loadout in invasion isnt even close to being the top complaints for reach, hell, i almost never hear people complaining about it.</mark>
>
> And your opening argument for gears being acceptable is flawed. In gears you can corner peek, but its so much easier to corner camp. And with a shotgun that has enough range to take down lancer players from a distance, i find it hardfor anyone to say thats acceptable. Its called ‘Gears of shotguns’ and ‘shotguns of war’ for a reason.

Good point. The only thing I disagree is with is saying it’s easier to corner camp in Gow. In Halo 4, you can corner camp PV right? It’s the same affect. Though one difference would be radar on or off for some halo gametypes…

> > > well u can esayly take the guy with the shotgun out with a BRn AR, Magnum etc, i think they nerfed the rage, so anything mid to long range will most likely put him down
> > >
> > > so dont worry guys!
> >
> > In a way that makes it even worse. The person would be pretty much forced to camp with it now. If it’s in it’s going to be abused. Trust me when I say that more people will complain about camping shotty kids more than PV or anything else.
> >
> > I do also understand that you can use PV to counter campers but I’d rather it just not a option. <mark>Starting with a shotty will be the worst thing to happen to Halo.</mark> It doesn’t matter how nerfed it is.
>
> And yet, shotgun being a loadout in invasion isnt even close to being the top complaints for reach, hell, i almost never hear people complaining about it.
>
> And your opening argument for gears being acceptable is flawed. In gears you can corner peek, but its so much easier to corner camp. And with a shotgun that has enough range to take down lancer players from a distance, i find it hardfor anyone to say thats acceptable. Its called ‘Gears of shotguns’ and ‘shotguns of war’ for a reason.

That’s fine in Big Team Battle and large playlists which involve large teams and large scale combat but not in Team Slayer or any other playlist like that.

I seriously hope not. Being able to start off with a weapon that completely dominates a specific niche is a pretty dumb idea. Especially considering the fact that you can start off with two primaries with the Firepower perk. It would also completely negate any reason to use the AR or Storm Rifle.

I can see the Shotgun being a non-ordinance power weapon though. The Scattershot is an ordinance reward so that must leave the Shotgun in the power weapon tier. Hopefully it will be as powerful as the CE shotgun.

Hopefully not. If it is, I hope it’ll be more like the Mauler.

> > > > well u can esayly take the guy with the shotgun out with a BRn AR, Magnum etc, i think they nerfed the rage, so anything mid to long range will most likely put him down
> > > >
> > > > so dont worry guys!
> > >
> > > In a way that makes it even worse. The person would be pretty much forced to camp with it now. If it’s in it’s going to be abused. Trust me when I say that more people will complain about camping shotty kids more than PV or anything else.
> > >
> > > I do also understand that you can use PV to counter campers but I’d rather it just not a option. <mark>Starting with a shotty will be the worst thing to happen to Halo.</mark> It doesn’t matter how nerfed it is.
> >
> > And yet, shotgun being a loadout in invasion isnt even close to being the top complaints for reach, hell, i almost never hear people complaining about it.
> >
> > And your opening argument for gears being acceptable is flawed. In gears you can corner peek, but its so much easier to corner camp. And with a shotgun that has enough range to take down lancer players from a distance, i find it hardfor anyone to say thats acceptable. Its called ‘Gears of shotguns’ and ‘shotguns of war’ for a reason.
>
> That’s fine in Big Team Battle and large playlists which involve large teams and large scale combat but not in Team Slayer or any other playlist like that.

I disagree. for starters, it sounds to me eveb smaller maps will be stretched out to fit eith sprint. Shotguns are superior at point blank ranges, but i dont see it becoming a serious threat. And regardless of shotgun spawning, people will camp. Im more worried about plasma pistol spamming than shotgun spamming, let alone camping

Has this been confirmed? I know there are pictures of it shown in loadout menus, but that could be customs.

I hope it’s not a loadout weapon, that would be silly.

I won’t mind the Shotgun being a Primary. it’s range may be like Halo 3’s (Reach’s is too far), while the Scattershot will be the power weapon/ordnance drop.

imagine the Shotgun like the Mauler and the Scattershot like a better version of Reach’s Shotgun.

so again, I don’t mind it. it’s not going to be overpowered. don’t worry, 343i definitly making sure that doesnt happen

Based on the previous Halo games, I feel that a shotgun primary will be almost impossible to nail perfectly. It either fits in a power-weapon role, or it must be like the mauler, and then will be worse than SR.

A shotgun primary seems like a terrible decision. I obviously haven’t seen it, but it seems rediculous.

Do we have evidence that it is indeed a primary (loadout) weapon? Because in a custom games, just like all the other halos, you can pick a rocket to start with, and it can be chosen for the “primary” for players.

> imagine the Shotgun like the Mauler and the Scattershot like a better version of Reach’s Shotgun.

Why would I imagine the Shotgun being an underpowered weapon and it being the lesser in a relationship with the Scattershot? That makes no balance sense, whatsoever, especially when you’re talking about a starting weapon.

It’s easier to just not allow the Shotgun to be a starting primary weapon, because granting the use of a niche weapon as a starting weapon brings in all sorts of balancing issues, one of which being that it’s either too powerful or not powerful enough by comparison to the other starting weapons and the other weapons in its niche.

I can see this ending in 1 of 2 ways:

  1. Shotgun is overpowered as a starting weapon. I’m told: “Adapt”

  2. Shotgun is nerfed to the point of being an 18th century musket. I’m told: “Just don’t use it then”

> I can see this ending in 1 of 2 ways:
>
> 1. Shotgun is overpowered as a starting weapon. I’m told: “Adapt”
>
> 2. Shotgun is nerfed to the point of being an 18th century musket. I’m told: “Just don’t use it then”

That’s pretty much one of the biggest issues that come of making a niche weapon a starting weapon. Especially if they’re aiming for preference and playstyle rather than “What is the best possible combination for the game?” It’s also why I hate that the Magnum and PP are so weak.