Short, to the point, and effective feedback

There are millions (ok, maybe only hundreds, but the point still remains) threads on how to improve Halo 4, some are good, but some can get to long and others are just people complaining.

So, here’s what we are going to do, when posting in this thread you should provide feedback in four categories:

Problem- What is problem?

Why- Why is it a problem?

Solution- How you would solve the problem?

Why- Why is this a good solution to the problem?

Hopefully this will provide 343 with short, to the point and effective feedback on how to improve Halo 4, just remember to be specific- don’t be vague with your feedback, be very precise of what you want to be done.

And finally, remember that you only have to provide a solution to only one problem- there is always more room for improvements.

343 is listening on these forums, so make your feedback count!

Problem- No local only search filter.

Why- If I have to tell you why then that’s just how little gamers and developers understand the internet.

Solution- Add in a local only search filter.

Why- Then people who don’t live in the US will be able to actually play the multiplayer part of the game they paid for.

> Problem- No local only search filter.
>
> Why- If I have to tell you why then that’s just how little gamers and developers understand the internet.
>
> Solution- Add in a local only search filter.
>
> Why- Then people who don’t live in the US will be able to actually play the multiplayer part of the game they paid for.

I’m pretty sure that operates in the background (or something similar trying to prioritise good connection).

It’s just that the low population means it often moves on to widen the search criteria because a suitable match cannot be found.

Problem- Sniper Rifles are to easy to use.

Why- It takes the skill out of the sniper rifle, making it to powerful and taking the sense of achievement players had when they were successful with it.

Solution- Reduce the aim assist on all of the Sniper Rifles.

Why- It makes them harder to use and makes players with more skill more successful with Sniper Rifles.

> Problem- No local only search filter.
>
> Why- If I have to tell you why then that’s just how little gamers and developers understand the internet.
>
> Solution- Add in a local only search filter.
>
> Why- Then people who don’t live in the US will be able to actually play the multiplayer part of the game they paid for.

Halo 3 and Reach both had "Search by . . . " options - for either location, OR language (also important). Sometimes it is useful to actually speak the same language with your random teammates.

Problem- Vehicles feel bad different.

Why- I don’t know they just don’t seem as fun, and people never get in the mongoose or the warthog with me anymore.

Solution- Make vehicles more fun, add more.

Why- Vehicles are a huge part of halo, that make the game fun.

> Problem- Vehicles feel bad different.
>
> Why- I don’t know they just don’t seem as fun, and people never get in the mongoose or the warthog with me anymore.
>
> Solution- Make vehicles more fun, add more.
>
> Why- Vehicles are a huge part of halo, that make the game fun

That’s mainly because that all players can now start with the tools to wreck vehicles.

Problem- Vehicle gameplay has become bad because everyone has the tools like the Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades to take them out.

Why- Vehicles are no longer fun and need to be as they are a very important feature in past halo games.

Solution- Increase the vehicles durability and shorten the time the Plasma Pistol can effect vehicles for.

Why- These will decrease the effects the effects these weapons have on vehicles while still allowing players to spawn with them, the best of both worlds.

Well this idea hasn’t really taken off, keep trying.

Problem- The range and effectiveness of the DMR is ruining map movement.

Why- This makes games like futuristic WW1 with everyone hiding behind cover and taking potshots at each other making the game less fun and ruining maps such as Ragnarok.

Solution- Slow down the DMR’s rate of fire.

Why- This will make the DMR still a good ranged weapon but it will stop its superiority in close quarters and nerf it enough to encourage map movement, thus making a more fun and fast paced game.

> Problem- Vehicles feel bad different.
>
> Why- I don’t know they just don’t seem as fun, and people never get in the mongoose or the warthog with me anymore.
>
> Solution- Make vehicles more fun, add more.
>
> Why- Vehicles are a huge part of halo, that make the game fun.

this, my turn.

Problem: Vehicles are disappointing
Why: they are too weak, the maps are not suited to them, they have no place in halo 4

Solution: Include a UNSC flying vehicle: hornet/falcon/both. Buff vehicles to H3 standard.
Why: Vehicles open up the battlefield and play a huge part in halo. At the minute, unless its a heavy vehicle, who wants to get in one?

Problem- Flood isn’t as fun as it used to be.

Why- Not a single flood dedicated map and Flood thruster packs

Solution- Bring back Alpha zombies/flood And add flood maps

Why- Because This will stop Humans from camping at the top of every single map and the flood won’t be ridiculous cross map lunging monsters they are now.

Problem: CUSTOM OPTIONS are terrible
Why: Its depriving a huge section of the community and part of the game itself.

Solution: Bring back all gametypes, improve customization
Why: It will appease the community

This is what this forum has needed. Better than that Known Issues topic which feels more like a complaint dump.

<mark>Problem-</mark> Promethean Knight sub-ranks Battlewagon and Commander are redundant and uninteresting.

<mark>Why-</mark> They’ve never made an appearance in Spartan Ops cinematics, they only have a single distinctive visible cue that distinguishes them in combat, and their combat performance is essentially the same as Knights but with more powerful guns and a single distinct ability (an offensive jump for Battlewagons and a defensive jump for Commanders).

Furthermore, Battlewagons have only been presented in a mini-boss context in the Campaign. In Spartan Ops, they are spammed, it’s very frequent for them to be presented as infantry. Commanders on the other hand are dispersed better but their jump/explosion is very overpowered due to it’s huge range, not to mention they can fire the IC as they jump/land and don’t suffer from the overheat/reload drawback (which is pretty much the weapon’s only drawback).

<mark>Solution-</mark> I’d take away the Battlewagon’s Scattershot and give it a distinct fighting style (maybe include Hardlight Shield). I’d also reduce or limit it’s grenade usage. That way, we have a dedicated cqc fighter instead of a spammable buffed infantry with excess abuse of flanking.

As for the Commander, to compensate for loss of it’s overpowered jump, I’d give it a range of distinct abilities (i.e. more than one). Of course, these should not be overpowered. I’d rather see them compound, build on each other, like the Prometheans were supposed to. I’d also nerf it’s RoF.

<mark>Why-</mark> Look at the cqc enemies of the past (CE Hunters, CE Zealots, sword Elites, Brute Chieftains). While they have been pushovers (i.e. easy to assassinate), they were fun (not always, but they had a lot of potential due to their aggression and constant pursuit).

But in Halo 4, there is a noticeable absence of these kind of enemies on the Promethean side and when you are presented with false challenges like 5 Battlewagons on Forerunner (granted, via activating easter egg), how can you not say they are overpowered? It’s also very discouraging to be killed by such Knights in Spartan Ops. Their guns make them very random.

Problem- Lack of Custom Games options

Why- There is a lack of options for custom games that made custom games fun in the past.

Solution- add more custom game options.

Why- It’d improve custom games to the point where people will enjoy it again.

Problem- Lack of a competitive ranking playlist and ranking system.

Why- The minority of the community wants a 1-50 ego meter that’s visible in game.

Solution- Add an in game ranking system that rates a player based on his skills, and use that rank to form a match of players equal to his skills.

Why- To improve the competitive gameplay for the super competitive selfish gamers who think all games should be designed for competitive gamers, because they think all other gamers are more or less the same as them. (BTW This opinion is not true, at all)

Problem- No UNSC Aircraft

Why- there is no UNSC aircraft in the game.

Solution- Add some more and new UNSC aircraft in Halo 5 (Since they can’t add any now that Halo 4 has been released)

Why- Because people want some UNSC aircraft.

Problem- Lack of a PC version.

Why- Because the Halo PC community has ZERO support from anyone (Developers, publishers, and Community)

Solution- Start releasing Halo games on the PC platform, dual releases for future titles (PC and Xbox, not just one or the other, use that to sell both Microsoft’s Xbox and it’s OS)

Why- Because the Halo PC community has ZERO support from anyone, and deserves more support than the Halo Xbox community does.

Problem: 343 don’t show signs of them listening to us often enough.
Why: The community feels neglected

Solution: Hire a person to discuss and interact exclusively with the halo WAYPOINT community offering feedback as an intermediate between the developers and the waypoint community.
Why: People will feel like they are listened to, 343 can justify their actions and halo can progress healthily.

> Problem: 343 don’t show signs of them listening to us often enough.
> Why: The community feels neglected
>
> Solution: Hire a person to discuss and interact exclusively with the halo WAYPOINT community offering feedback as an intermediate between the developers and the waypoint community.
> Why: People will feel like they are listened to, 343 can justify their actions and halo can progress healthily.

Was just about write that. Props

> Problem- Flood isn’t as fun as it used to be.
>
> Why- Not a single flood dedicated map and Flood thruster packs
>
> Solution- Bring back Alpha zombies/flood And add flood maps
>
> Why- Because This will stop Humans from camping at the top of every single map and the flood won’t be ridiculous cross map lunging monsters they are now.

I think we could add to that.

Problem- Flood is mostly about sitting in a corner with a shotgun.

Why- Leads to boring, slow, and uninteresting gameplay.

Solution- Add more linear style maps specifically for Flood, these can be provided by the community.

Why- Promotes better team work, makes the game fun for both sides and is much faster paced.

Hate to be a negative nelly here but every single possible problem with Halo 4 has already been exposed. There’s nothing left. If 343i haven’t indicated an intent to do anything about it then it probably won’t be done. Still a great idea for a thread though, well done.

Someone said 343 not listening to us is a problem. I’d agree. Sometimes Rukizzel posts in a thread but it only seems to be in the lighthearted threads or to correct a misconception and he gets about 500 ‘thanks’ for it. 343i seem totally unwilling to enter into a dialogue with their fans about why they made the choices they did. When they do try to justify a decision, it is always with the most plastic PR speak imaginable. I guess we’ll never be able to force them to speak truthfully about their actions (i.e ‘more profits bro’).

> Hate to be a negative nelly here but every single possible problem with Halo 4 has already been exposed. There’s nothing left. If 343i haven’t indicated an intent to do anything about it then it probably won’t be done. Still a great idea for a thread though, well done.
>
> Someone said 343 not listening to us is a problem. I’d agree. Sometimes Rukizzel posts in a thread but it only seems to be in the lighthearted threads or to correct a misconception and he gets about 500 ‘thanks’ for it. 343i seem totally unwilling to enter into a dialogue with their fans about why they made the choices they did. When they do try to justify a decision, it is always with the most plastic PR speak imaginable. I guess we’ll never be able to force them to speak truthfully about their actions (i.e ‘more profits bro’).

I can see where your coming from, however, its easy to forget some issues when one side is demanding one thing and another demanding another, I think 343 would prefer 343 would prefer organised, to the point, constructive and helpful feedback.

And besides, you never know, someone could come up with a really good solution on here!

And 343 is defiantly listening, responding and reacting with feedback, how do you think we got a boltshot nerf, Forge Island, and what appears to be an end to rotational playlists?

I see it as the sun slowly rising to bring light into the darkness, I’m confident Halo will one day have a great day, and so shall we.

> Hate to be a negative nelly here but every single possible problem with Halo 4 has already been exposed. There’s nothing left. If 343i haven’t indicated an intent to do anything about it then it probably won’t be done. Still a great idea for a thread though, well done.
>
> Someone said 343 not listening to us is a problem. I’d agree. Sometimes Rukizzel posts in a thread but it only seems to be in the lighthearted threads or to correct a misconception and he gets about 500 ‘thanks’ for it. 343i seem totally unwilling to enter into a dialogue with their fans about why they made the choices they did. When they do try to justify a decision, it is always with the most plastic PR speak imaginable. I guess we’ll never be able to force them to speak truthfully about their actions (i.e ‘more profits bro’).

Hey, trying to talk to the community and getting a response is a two way street there. I can understand why 343i isn’t very willing to talk to the forum members, Hell, if I was an employee of 343i, I wouldn’t even touch the forums, I’d find some way to block the forums on my computer so I’d never even look at it. Just because the members here act like a bunch of spoiled kids, and can’t seem to calm down, and discuss things like adults. The way people are posting in this thread right now, is a good way to start. Half the threads that’s popped up today, aren’t a good way to even communicate to anyone what you think of something in hopes that it gets fixed/solved.

> Hey, trying to talk to the community and getting a response is a two way street there. I can understand why 343i isn’t very willing to talk to the forum members, Hell, if I was an employee of 343i, I wouldn’t even touch the forums, I’d find some way to block the forums on my computer so I’d never even look at it. Just because the members here act like a bunch of spoiled kids, and can’t seem to calm down, and discuss things like adults. The way people are posting in this thread right now, is a good way to start. Half the threads that’s popped up today, aren’t a good way to even communicate to anyone what you think of something in hopes that it gets fixed/solved.

I totally agree there, but half of the fans’ anger comes from the feeling of being ignored. Would it be so hard for 343i to collect the 10 most commonly asked questions (there aren’t that many, despite the hundreds of threads) and answer them in a Q&A format in a bulletin? For example, with the issue of ranks, nobody is quite sure the real reason for not including visible ranks in the game. Before release Frankie told everyone ranks would not be included due to illegal account trading. The most recent excuse used is that visible ranks are not included due to technical issues and UI limitations. If that is so, then another question arises in the form of Why didn’t they make it possible to add visible ranks in a future update? In many games you will see developers made it possible to include a wide range of features in the eventuality that one would be incorporated.

That is just an example of why many fans are left frustrated. There doesn’t seem to be a clear dialogue that answers the major questions clearly.