Shielding and jetpack and decent gun, by default...

Morning \ Afternoon all -

I’ve played Halo 3 briefly, and loved it, except for the ‘flood’ - gross!

Anyway, I’ve got Halo Reach now, and trying to get use to it. But, have a few questions…

1. I’ve played online, and noticed some users\players seem to have a decent gun and a jetpack from the start. How is this possible?

2. From time to time, when I’m shooting someone, I could shoot them a few times, and they don’t die, but I get hit maybe once r twice, and die. Why is that?

3. When shooting certain people, they seem to have a glowing\firey shield around them. What button do I press to get this? I’ve checked the manual, but didn’t see a tip for this.

4. Lastly, when playing online, I noticed sometimes you’ll see a users name (gamertag), and you’ll see it twice. Example: snapper kill1 and snapper kill1 (1) - what does that mean? Is it two people playing from the same household?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Anyone?

We’ve had 12 views, and I can’t believe no one has an answer for even one, if not all. Surely?

Help me to better my game play; thanks :wink:

Some games have the jetpack as a load out amoung other armor perks you can choose at the start.

Damage is based on the weapon and the hit location, If they’re hitting you in the head you’ll die faster than you shooting them in the body.

I would replay your battles in the theater and see if they were being more accurate with their weapon versus you.

> Some games have the jetpack as a load out amoung other armor perks you can choose at the start.
>
>
>
> Damage is based on the weapon and the hit location, If they’re hitting you in the head you’ll die faster than you shooting them in the body.
>
>
> I would replay your battles in the theater and see if they were being more accurate with their weapon versus you.

Headshots only register when dealt with certain weapons (DMR, Sniper, Pistol, Needle Rifle).

Thanks, Cal911uNeedHelp. That makes total sense…

So, to confirm, there is no button to press per se’ for ‘shielding’ from weapon fire?

Your Spartan’s armor projects an energy shield. The “health bar” at the top of your HUD has an upper bar for shield, and an inner segmented bar for health. Once your shield is down, hits go to health and will kill you pretty fast. You will hear a beeping sound when your sheilds are low/down - that’s your cue to find some cover and wait for your shields to regenerate, which only takes a few seconds.

Since Spartans are a tough bunch, it takes quite a bit of damage to do you in, however there are certain weapons that eat your shields very fast - energy weapons in particular (most covenenat weapons fall into this category). There are a few weapons that are very powerful and only take a few, or one, shot to kill you. Part of the fun of Halo is the act of discovery, so I’ll leave it up to the OP to experiment and discover :wink:

Cheers,

Ken

Ken, thanks, I really appreciate the info!

Anyone have any clues on this one:

1. Lastly, when playing online, I noticed sometimes you’ll see a users name (gamertag), and you’ll see it twice. Example: snapper kill1 and snapper kill1 (1) - what does that mean? Is it two people playing from the same household?

Yes it’s a guest signed in under someone’s gamertag, they are playing through a splitscreen.

If the shield effect your seeing is on someone hunched over they are using the power lock perk that is also selectable on some maps like the jetpack.

other selections depending on gametype are a hologram decoy, a “bubble” shield that heals people that are inside it, evade which rolls you quickly away from danger, and sprint which is self explanatory and as well as the armor lock and jetpack which have both been mentioned before