Shield Stacking and Hardlight

A viable, useful way to make the Hardlight Shield better without unbalancing gameplay? Otherwise stacking seems pretty useless to me :smiley:

lol, the HS can block a Scorpion shell(!) and nearly every other direct-hit from any power weapon. How much more useful do you want it to be :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m using the HS all the time and it is actually one of the few AAs which require timing and skill to use. Many people just spam it to save themselfes, when they are close to death…which is a pointless move when you are using it.

The shield doesn’t need any changes or buffs.

I don’t understand. What is shield stacking?

I rarely play Big Team anymore.
But when I did, I always used HS.
It’s extremely useful, and can change the outcome of a battle or two.
I love when an enemy shows up with a power weapon, and I pull out the HS and he kills himself.

It doesn’t have to be explosives either.
I had a Shotgun and tried to kill some guy, but he pulled out a HS in my face, and I blasted myself.
I was so surprised, but wasn’t angry because he had bested me in a legitimate way.

If it weren’t for JP, AC, PV, PO, PP, BS, and PG, I’d enjoy Infinity for things like Custom Loadouts or Ordnance Markers.
Hope 343 fixes Infinity Slayer in HX1.

> I don’t understand. What is shield stacking?

Stacking Shielding with Recharge, which seems to be a more useful option than AA Regen.

I think it should be buffed in other ways. To fix mêlée going through hard light shield, increase deployment speed after doing certain actions. Being able to jump and having its hit box corrected.

> > I don’t understand. What is shield stacking?
>
> Stacking Shielding with Recharge, which seems to be a more useful option than AA Regen.

And here I was thinking that shield stacking would be Spartans lining up side by side with their Hardlight Shields out.

stomp stomp stomp stomp

Can you hear them coming?

> I think it should be buffed in other ways. To fix mêlée going through hard light shield, increase deployment speed after doing certain actions. Being able to jump and having its hit box corrected.

Melee doesn’t go through it, the shield has blind spots on its sides so AoE weapons aren’t useless, if you’re melee’d in the blind spot it goes through.

> > I think it should be buffed in other ways. To fix mêlée going through hard light shield, increase deployment speed after doing certain actions. Being able to jump and having its hit box corrected.
>
> Melee doesn’t go through it, the shield has blind spots on its sides so AoE weapons aren’t useless, if you’re melee’d in the blind spot it goes through.

He means people who melee right through the middle of shield, as it is seen most often in flood.

i think it has something to do with the flood arm length making it go through the shield, bypassing it in a really unbalanced way. you can increase your chances of passing through by thruster-swinging through. for flood i would say replace HLS with the EVA pack for spartans (and let spartans shoot while using it, just like the flood can swing with it

> i think it has something to do with the flood arm length making it go through the shield, bypassing it in a really unbalanced way. you can increase your chances of passing through by thruster-swinging through. for flood i would say replace HLS with the EVA pack for spartans (and let spartans shoot while using it, just like the flood can swing with it

That’s sounds good. Or, just decrease the melee for the Flood.