Shield Regen is Still a Problem

From the games I’ve played, the shield stacking issue is over, the bonus is nice but not overbearing.

However, there still is the issue of shields regenerating in combat. This is just unfair. You can have an opponent on the ropes, but their shield keeps them in the game.

If there is going to be shield stacking, there can’t be shield regenerating in combat. Can’t have both.

Hard for the shields to regenerate in combat when they are destroyed after after the shield drops.

> 2614366390834061;2:
> Hard for the shields to regenerate in combat when they are destroyed after after the shield drops.

True, but if your opponent has 3-4 generators it’s hard to do that when they have an army.

If you bring back the mechanic from hw1, where the regen timer reset every time damage was done to the central structure, it’d be difficult to justify the cost of more than one shield. If you do this you would need to drop the cost of shield gen towers, or no one will build them outside of a turtle.

> 2533274843481335;4:
> or no one will build them outside of a turtle.

That’s the main issue. The fact that the shields give your army 20-30 seconds of free damage on whomever is attacking you, and then regenerates while you’re still in combat makes turtling way too strong, and too easy to do for leaders like Atriox.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> > 2533274843481335;4:
> > or no one will build them outside of a turtle.
>
> That’s the main issue. The fact that the shields give your army 20-30 seconds of free damage on whomever is attacking you, and then regenerates while you’re still in combat makes turtling way too strong, and too easy to do for leaders like Atriox.

I agree. I main Atriox and hate how cheap this is in a 1v1. I have prolonged my inevitable defeat to actually win matches because of this and it’s broken and unfair.