Shield colors need to be classic gold

The outlines are gimicky and un immersive to the environment. The outlines need to be toned down as players are to easy to spot… and shield colors need to be classic gold like in the MP trailer why the trailer shields were tied differently to outline colors and changed in the flight is beyond me….Please provide a toggle off option they are useless to me and many others as many other games do not have this implemented and is not an issue…. You can show player expression in a greater way with out them they are so pointless and useless like I said before… if the motive was a monetization armor/color standard this also doesn’t make any sense whatsoever…. Due to said player expression being suppressed because of the overbearing outline tied shield colors…. I understand if this has already been implemented in the game then so be it but at least provide a toggle off option in a future update because I and many others do not need this pointless feature…

I think at the very least shield color should not be tied to team colors and should have a team agnostic option for you to set the colors. another think that makes no sense is even in the multiplayer trailer the spartan has yellow shields.

> 2533274847845259;2:
> I think at the very least shield color should not be tied to team colors and should have a team agnostic option for you to set the colors. another think that makes no sense is even in the multiplayer trailer the spartan has yellow shields.

Exactly what I’m saying why was it in the trailer and not in this latest build ? Considering the trailer was an older build they should have just kept the classic shield colors it’s a lot easier to tell when shields are stripped or broken when that color is different from every other color to be chosen in the menu. I heard they are working on this but it’s like why are they fixing something that didn’t need fixing to begin with it was easy to tell in every other halo before this but what 343 does sometimes is beyond me…

I wouldn’t mind it being gold but I’m fine with the team oriented coloration as well. Maybe they can give us the option to toggle it like you mentioned. I’m cool with that also.

> 2533274870308953;4:
> I wouldn’t mind it being gold but I’m fine with the team oriented coloration as well. Maybe they can give us the option to toggle it like you mentioned. I’m cool with that also.

best be careful using toggle as it has a negative stigma in the halo community (because player choice is bad sometimes, apparently?) its better to present it like “have shield color tied to a separate color option that defaults to yellow/gold but can be changed with the same options team colors can be”

same effect without dealing with all the comments of people going “every one just wants toggles” and what not.

Im surprised its not tied to armor shader but i doubt theyll return it to gold

I don’t see why they couldn’t just give you an option for what color you’d want it to be. Murder Miners did this back in 2012 and it’s a game inspired by Halo.

Agreed. I don’t like the outlines and I hope they add an option to remove it. But I also hope they don’t remove it entirely because there are some people out there with vision impairments and do appreciate the outlines. And yes, please go back to the classic golden shields, the red and blue just looks too gross imo.

Having a red allie or a blue ennemy with opposite color shield is really disturbing !

Yea I ended up just changing the enemy team to yellow while I was kept blue. It sincerely made shield dare knowledge 10000000x easier to tell

The fact that they turned off player outlines in the multiplayer trailer really tells you something.

Separate the color of the outline and the shield. Bringing back the classic shield color or change the color for your own color preference, same with outline color option. I think that would be great, in my opinion.