Shield Bleedthrough must stay in halo 4

Reach has the most annoying, illogical and utterly frustrating melee system I have ever played in an FPS title. There is no logical reason why Bleedthrough was removed in the first place, and it must stay in Halo 4.

But I don’t want to end every kill with a beat down or being beaten down or both.

Only if they tone melee down a bit.

I agree. The removal of bleedthrough was likely an attempt to power down armor abilities like sprint and evade. But armor abilities worked terribly for Halo so that should speak for itself.

> Only if they tone melee down a bit.

This right here ^^^

Can someone explain what “Bleedthrough” is to me? Thanks!

> Can someone explain what “Bleedthrough” is to me? Thanks!

Basically, it’s when you melee someone who’s shields are a bit down and the damage carries over to their health. Basically.

> Can someone explain what “Bleedthrough” is to me? Thanks!

Bleed-through is the process where damage dealt to the shields would transfer over to the player’s health. Take the following scenario as an example:

Let’s say a player has 45 hitpoints of shields remaining. Normally a melee bash from another player would deal, let’s say, 200 hitpoints worth of damage. With bleed-through enabled, that melee would do 45 damage to the shields, thus depleting them, AND transferring 155 hitpoints worth of damage to the player’s health.

Without bleed-through, however, that melee only does 45 damage. The rest of the 155 hitpoints worth of damage would simply vanish into thin air.

Halo 1-3 all had bleed-through. When Reach shipped it was without bleed-through and quite a big change.

Hope this helps.

So Reach has Bleedthrough now? Because if I shoot an enemy in the head three times and then melee, they’ll die. Even though they still have some shield left.

> So Reach has Bleedthrough now? Because if I shoot an enemy in the head three times and then melee, they’ll die. Even though they still have some shield left.

It depends on the playlist and the gametype. If it says ‘TU’ before the gametype, like, “TU Slayer DMRs,” then, yes, there is bleed-through and all of the Title Update settings are applied in that gametype.