Sgt. Johnson is a Spartan-1

I was reading up on Cortana falling into rampancy, and found this.

"C__ortana was revealed to have taken a lot of data from Halo, and the sheer amount of information cut into her processing power and slowed her down. During her time on Ascendant Justice, Cortana exhibited uncharacteristic behavior including anger, distraction, and self-doubt - an indicator that she may have been about to enter rampancy. Dr. Halsey erased some data from her memory to give her more thinking space, including data regarding Sergeant Johnson’s immunity to the Flood - a result of Boren’s Syndrome__."
i clicked on Boren’s syndrome and it gave me this.

<strong>"Staff Sergeant Avery Johnson’s falsified Medical record - to hide his real, classified record - had him as a sufferer of Boren’s, in which he was to have contracted the disease on Paris IV, after being in contact with a dangerously high amount of radiation apparently originating from a crate of captured Plasma Grenades. This false record event (known to ONI as the Paris/BS Spoof) was likely used as a means of avoiding any investigation into his altered DNA, which would have revealed him as a SPARTAN-I. (Radiation is known to work as a “Mutagen”).</strong>

Here’s the link where i found it: Boren's Syndrome | Halo Alpha | Fandom

> Sgt. Johnson is a Spartan-1

I disagree. Sgt. Johnson is a B.A.M.F!

On a serious note, I do remember reading about that. Though as far as I re-call there was never actually a SPARTAN-I program. They had ex-skeleton suits that could not be used by a normal human being, so it’s likely they used Johnson as a test subject and injected his body with specific augments to allow him use of the ex-skeleton suits.

It’s just a theory, one that I find quite logical. Anything to beat the Covenant, right?

Now if we take that theory further, it’s safe to say that the test was a failure. The augments did nothing but scramble Johnson’s DNA, and perhaps enhance certain aspects of his functionality. These tests were obviously funded by ONI ( Or another spook agency?), behind the Military’s back.

As I said above, it’s just a theory, but make of it what you will.

Yup Johnson was a Spartan I. The program isn’t well known because most of the fiction and games focus on Spartan II’s but i guess some writers were like “hell if there are Spartan II’s there had to be Spartan I’s” so they kinda just wrote around that fact. But even in this:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1115144p1.html

They talk about Johnson being the “best known SPARTAN-I”

Spartan-I project is also known as project orion.

This should of been in the fiction forum.

Too bad Buck never got the chance. He’d totally have been up there with Johnson.