Service tag "LORD" not allowed?!

Apparently Xbox LIVE is now censoring the word “lord” which I learned when Reach forced me to change my service tag today.

Does this make any sense to any human?

It’s obviously offensive.

Im not sure. I assume they had a good reason for it, they wouldn’t of just got rid of it for no good reason.

They dont want you sounding supperior to others :slight_smile:

> It’s obviously offensive.

I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic, and I agree with that sentiment.

But seriously, who is the word “lord” offensive too? Did some mentally handicapped English nobleman sue Microsoft due to the foolish idea that his anachronistic title holds some special significance which relieves the very word from use in something so “lowly” as a video game?

XBL staff sure do know what they’re doing.

> > It’s obviously offensive.
>
> I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic, and I agree with that sentiment.
>
> But seriously, who is the word “lord” offensive too? Did some mentally handicapped English nobleman sue Microsoft due to the foolish idea that his anachronistic title holds some special significance which relieves the very word from use in something so “lowly” as a video game?

Who the heck knows. I stopped questioning these things when I saw that the service tag “snow” is banned too.

I have had FLUD, FAIL and GRIM banned as well. Go figure . But they let me have GHAD. You would think some religious extremist would complain about that one. They have officially lost the plot.

Three things you need to know about this problem:

Service tags are subject to the same filters as map descriptions. It’s the user-created content filter applied across Xbox LIVE by Microsoft.

The currently-unidentified person manning the user-created content filter is incompetent beyond measure, having mistaken innocent words like “base”, “basic”, “glitch”, “epic”, “basement”, “puzzle”, and “mystery” for profanities and blocked them accordingly.

Microsoft, in their typical “we don’t care unless it affects our profits” fashion, will not fix it so long as it doesn’t drive large numbers of customers off of LIVE entirely. (Yesimadbro.)

All of which simplify to one thing:

It sucks, but don’t expect a fix. Ever.

> > It’s obviously offensive.
>
> I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic, and I agree with that sentiment.
>
> But seriously, who is the word “lord” offensive too? Did some mentally handicapped English nobleman sue Microsoft due to the foolish idea that his anachronistic title holds some special significance which relieves the very word from use in something so “lowly” as a video game?

I’m offended by that word.

Think in people whose religions already have a “Lord”; I think that’d be the reason.
I’m pretty sure you can’t use “God”, “Ala”, “Buda” either… please correct me if I wrong.

And maybe even because that’d make someone remember about that time when there were a huge slaverish dogma. I think someone in any part of the world whose people have suffered from something like that could find that offensive.

Again, Microsoft is a very strictic company, they don’t want the slightliest problem with those things.

> > > It’s obviously offensive.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic, and I agree with that sentiment.
> >
> > But seriously, who is the word “lord” offensive too? Did some mentally handicapped English nobleman sue Microsoft due to the foolish idea that his anachronistic title holds some special significance which relieves the very word from use in something so “lowly” as a video game?
>
> Who the heck knows. I stopped questioning these things when I saw that the service tag “snow” is banned too.

“Snow” is another term for -Yoink!-. Hence why it’s banned.

Religious references are a little iffy, but if “Lord” is banned now, does that mean can also start knocking off people like Satanbongsmoker666?

Lord might not mean anything bad in english, but maybe it does in another language? Though censoring words throughout multiple languages is plain silly. Means I have to bypass profanity filters to say “after” in some games (Phantasy Star Universe, Monster Hunter 3). I dunno what language considers “after” to be a bad word, but I hate that language.

> Apparently Xbox LIVE is now censoring the word “lord” which I learned when Reach forced me to change my service tag today.
>
> Does this make any sense to any human?

I was recently “banned” from uploading to my File Share due to Zoidberg being a censored word on the XBL/MS list. My new GT Deadpool Psycko works fine and for some reason, it allowed me to upload a file that used my Zoidberg GT as the author…which is what it kept saying I was not allowed to do.

MS is really dropping their ball on customer service.

> Lord might not mean anything bad in english, but maybe it does in another language? Though censoring words throughout multiple languages is plain silly. Means I have to bypass profanity filters to say “after” in some games (Phantasy Star Universe, Monster Hunter 3). I dunno what language considers “after” to be a bad word, but I hate that language.

It’s no longer banned. Neither is LADY (which is what I used before the ban). So try your recently banned tags again to see if they’ve been unbanned.

> > Lord might not mean anything bad in english, but maybe it does in another language? Though censoring words throughout multiple languages is plain silly. Means I have to bypass profanity filters to say “after” in some games (Phantasy Star Universe, Monster Hunter 3). I dunno what language considers “after” to be a bad word, but I hate that language.
>
> It’s no longer banned. Neither is LADY (which is what I used before the ban). So try your recently banned tags again to see if they’ve been unbanned.

If this is true then MS seriously owes me 800 MSP.

> > > Lord might not mean anything bad in english, but maybe it does in another language? Though censoring words throughout multiple languages is plain silly. Means I have to bypass profanity filters to say “after” in some games (Phantasy Star Universe, Monster Hunter 3). I dunno what language considers “after” to be a bad word, but I hate that language.
> >
> > It’s no longer banned. Neither is LADY (which is what I used before the ban). So try your recently banned tags again to see if they’ve been unbanned.
>
> If this is true then MS seriously owes me 800 MSP.

I mean the in-game service tag. I don’t know anything about the GT bans.

Well like I said, under the GT Zoidberg Psycko, I recently was unable to upload to the FS. When I changed my GT to Deadpool Psycko, uploading was working fine except if I were uploading previous vids made by my other GT.

Tried it yesterday on one of them that failed and now they magically upload. Try as I might to rationalize on this, I feel MS just had a nice stint at shafting loyal players on this.

Well, remember when you first brought it up and I said “I’m just gonna wait it out.” ?

It finally works for me. >__>

> Well, remember when you first brought it up and I said “I’m just gonna wait it out.” ?
>
> It finally works for me. >__>

I hate to love you and Vice Versa.