Server unavailable. Can anyone help?

I’m trying to play Reach but it says the server is unavailable. Can anyone offer any tips?

its back now, was prolly a maintenance thing

EDIT: nvm went down again 2 min after being back up

I’m getting the same problem… good to see they can’t do anything right

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
could check here next time there’s an issue.

@Sirboe Nope checked the status at the support page. Its been all green for hours, yet im still getting servers unavailable. The problem is not with the xbox live service or matchmaking its on 343’s end as they run the reach servers now.

completely agree, its been doing this for the past 4 hours or so…been switching back on it once in a while to see if things were worked out…got to play one game before it said the servers were down again. A nice bit of communication from 343’s part would be appreciated. (Whenever the servers went down with bungie, they posted it on their website 24 hours before they shut them down)

Yep im getting it too. Server keeps coming back for all of 2 seconds and then going back offline. Should have just kept Reach with Bungie. Changing server locations has majorly screwed everything up for Halo Reach… either that or 343i cant handle the servers

> completely agree, its been doing this for the past 4 hours or so…been switching back on it once in a while to see if things were worked out…got to play one game before it said the servers were down again. A nice bit of communication from 343’s part would be appreciated. (Whenever the servers went down with bungie, they posted it on their website 24 hours before they shut them down)

A major gaming company like 343i shouldnt have their servers shutting down like this. They should easily be able to manage their servers and keep them running at full capacity. So far 343i have actually failed at running Halo Reach servers.

NOTE TO 343i: keep up the “good” work and lack of communication with the public and no-one will even think of purchasing Halo 4

> @Sirboe Nope checked the status at the support page. Its been all green for hours, yet im still getting servers unavailable. The problem is not with the xbox live service or matchmaking its on 343’s end as they run the reach servers now.

same here.

Yeah me too, I was in a 30 min firefight game and I win only 1000 credits, If the server won’t go back soon I will loose my custom challenges.

It’s really boring and it’s not the first time since 343i inherited the Halo: Reach servers.

Ugh they dont get in to the office until after 6am pst either :confused: time to hit the hay.

SERVERS UP AND RUNNING

…aaaand back down again.

I’m able to get 1 game every 20 minutes then server goes down,
Now it’s back, will let you know if I get past 1 game.

Playing my 2nd game. If you get into a game, don’t leave the group in the post match summary. Ride the train

> > completely agree, its been doing this for the past 4 hours or so…been switching back on it once in a while to see if things were worked out…got to play one game before it said the servers were down again. A nice bit of communication from 343’s part would be appreciated. (Whenever the servers went down with bungie, they posted it on their website 24 hours before they shut them down)
>
> A major gaming company like 343i shouldnt have their servers shutting down like this. They should easily be able to manage their servers and keep them running at full capacity. So far 343i have actually failed at running Halo Reach servers.
>
> <mark>NOTE TO 343i: keep up the “good” work and lack of communication with the public and no-one will even think of purchasing Halo 4</mark>

I have no idea what you expect them to do at 5AM.

um - it takes like 17 people to have a 7x24 staff rotation with a minimum of two people every shift to cover vacations. If they can’t afford that for server staff, they need to rethink their model.

> I’m getting the same problem… good to see they can’t do anything right

Good to see freakin’ idiots post a lot…