Server selection?

I am in Illinois and constantly match people from Columbia… Is there a method to that madness that I am unaware of?

yes its called no more region lock

That dictates that I will match people from columbia? Server selections are not random i assume?

Im from Minnesota and get that very same thing. Not to mention after this last xbox live crash or 343 crash (pick your poison) the game is just to hard to play. The lag is horrible. I think im going to quit playing for awhile until they get this figured out. Does anyone know how many servers there are for H5 in the US?

bump

Due to the community’s large amount of complaints, 343 decided to remove the region lock. There isn’t really a method to the madness now, sometimes you’ll run into Columbians, Americans, Europeans, etc… It all really is just a big bowl of mixes and matches.

There must be a high population of people in columbia at my skill level evidently.

Sometimes I lag sometimes gameplay is super peachy. But when I lag, I lag hard.

The District of Columbia isn’t that far from Illinois.

> 2533274792216909;3:
> That dictates that I will match people from columbia? Server selections are not random i assume?

Dude I’m in Denmark and you might match me :slight_smile: it’s a big pie of sjit, with a dingleberrie on top. 180 ping FTW!

> 2535455771499455;6:
> Due to the community’s large amount of complaints, 343 decided to remove the region lock. There isn’t really a method to the madness now, sometimes you’ll run into Columbians, Americans, Europeans, etc… It all really is just a big bowl of mixes and matches.

Not sure they were listening, they are doing nothing about the way bigger amount of complaints that it’s gone.

They are saying nothing on the topic, maybe they don’t even know it’s gone and the amount of hate there is on the crap servers atm.

I’m from Ireland and play with people from Germany. Madness, eh?

> 2533274966784066;11:
> > 2535455771499455;6:
> > Due to the community’s large amount of complaints, 343 decided to remove the region lock. There isn’t really a method to the madness now, sometimes you’ll run into Columbians, Americans, Europeans, etc… It all really is just a big bowl of mixes and matches.
>
>
> Not sure they were listening, they are doing nothing about the way bigger amount of complaints that it’s gone.
>
> They are saying nothing on the topic, maybe they don’t even know it’s gone and the amount of hate there is on the crap servers atm.

Yes, when they mentioned they were listening to feedback regarding the topic they were certainly lying. And there are absolutely way bigger amounts of complaints now that region lock is gone, look, I have the data to prove it! LINK

Their current silence on the matter is clear evidence they’ve completely forgotten the matter and have returned to their little development bubble.

> 2533274966784066;11:
> > 2535455771499455;6:
> > Due to the community’s large amount of complaints, 343 decided to remove the region lock. There isn’t really a method to the madness now, sometimes you’ll run into Columbians, Americans, Europeans, etc… It all really is just a big bowl of mixes and matches.
>
>
> Not sure they were listening, they are doing nothing about the way bigger amount of complaints that it’s gone.
>
> They are saying nothing on the topic, maybe they don’t even know it’s gone and the amount of hate there is on the crap servers atm.

I’d say region lock was more likely removed due to the more vocal minority of streamers that bring more bad reputation…unfortunately it is the majority in the community that are now suffering as a result of yet another bad decision…but hey, at least those streamers can find games whenever they want know and wont be complaining about a crap matchmaking system.

> 2533274818084099;12:
> I’m from Ireland and play with people from Germany. Madness, eh?

I’m also from Ireland. Playing people from Germany doesn’t create many problems - the latency between the two is relatively good; you’re not going to notice any immediate disadvantage while playing.

> 2728296738561752;14:
> > 2533274966784066;11:
> > > 2535455771499455;6:
> > > Due to the community’s large amount of complaints, 343 decided to remove the region lock. There isn’t really a method to the madness now, sometimes you’ll run into Columbians, Americans, Europeans, etc… It all really is just a big bowl of mixes and matches.
> >
> >
> > Not sure they were listening, they are doing nothing about the way bigger amount of complaints that it’s gone.
> >
> > They are saying nothing on the topic, maybe they don’t even know it’s gone and the amount of hate there is on the crap servers atm.
>
>
> I’d say region lock was more likely removed due to the more vocal minority of streamers that bring more bad reputation…unfortunately it is the majority in the community that are now suffering as a result of yet another bad decision…but hey, at least those streamers can find games whenever they want know and wont be complaining about a crap matchmaking system.

It’s 343i’s lack of communication that bothers me. They’re readily available if a member of the streaming/pro community have an opinion to voice, but when you’re part of the majority (referring to the forum communi-titty), you get brushed aside and ignored - that’s how it feels, at-least.

My opinion is heavily biased, though. My ‘saltiness’ level is diminishing my ability to attain a more objective perspective of the situation.

> 2533274792216909;1:
> I am in Illinois and constantly match people from Columbia… Is there a method to that madness that I am unaware of?

Do you notice lag when you play other countries? I’m a new player and am trying to get better. Some games I can’t hit anything! I zero in on an enemies head and shoot away but don’t kill him. I end up being the one that gets killed by the person I beat to the punch. Sometimes the screen freezes, I get killed. It’s kind of discouraging for new players trying to get a least decent at aiming. Then other games my aiming is spot on. Just trying to get better.

Im from Spain and play with people from Illinois, Columbia, Colombia, Mexico, Texas, CA, NY…

Well i got kicked from another game since the region lock. Game was lagging all over the place teleporting back forth. Think this is the 3rd time i was kicked and i know its not my service. Just started with update and now we are stuck with region lock off and now stuck playing with lag.

Fellow Brit here, and have played with many different people from many different regions, and no offense Americans, but you guys are really laggy. Region lock was fine for the UK, but not for others. Maybe they should make it for certain countries?

> 2533274844733774;15:
> It’s 343i’s lack of communication that bothers me. They’re readily available if a member of the streaming/pro community have an opinion to voice, but when you’re part of the majority (referring to the forum communi-titty), you get brushed aside and ignored - that’s how it feels, at-least.

Communication is a bit more nuanced than answering the questions of individual members. 343 can’t response to each and every individual’s opinion and comments. When they respond to a high profile member of the community, it’s with the understanding that the communication then gets filtered to that community member’s circle. It allows them to reach a larger audience than just that one individual. It’s not that the individual is more important, it just allows for more effective communication.