Server selection forces Aussies to use Asia or US

At first when server selections were introduced there was two Australian regions, East and Southeast, which is in line with popular Azure datacentres in Australia.

Over the iterations of releases server selections force a minimun of 2 selected. This was fine in the beginning because two exists in Australia. Now with the reduction down to just Australia East we are forced to select Asia or US selections as well as the 1 Australian left. This is very undesirable as it literally is never below 120+ms and appears to be an oversight in the minimum validations.

I understand the condensing of Australian server selections due to populations but we should be exempt from the 2 selections minimum, geographically we’re very remote in the world and it forces us to never play locally or even have the player choice available to attempt Australian games only.

Please look at this very important issue and I hope it does not continue this way with Infinite.

I wish there wasn’t a select 2 of the 5 nearest servers restriction cos I just seem to get stuck in dead queues in AUS and SEA. I usually just wait for one of my NA friends to be available to play MCC.

> 2533274963937759;2:
> I wish there wasn’t a select 2 of the 5 nearest servers restriction cos I just seem to get stuck in dead queues in AUS and SEA. I usually just wait for one of my NA friends to be available to play MCC.

I can understand the idea of stopping boosting or spreading the population but it’s just restrictive and especially latency amplifying for remote locations or low Azure selections for your region.

To give you an idea the nearest Singapore region (Azure > southeast Asia) is 6,000+ Kms away. That is some ridiculous latency to force on all Aussies because 343 condensed two Aussie regions to one.

I noticed this two, but I could never find out how one Aussie server disappear from most games I played

> 2535430337889512;4:
> I noticed this two, but I could never find out how one Aussie server disappear from most games I played

The population was too low so they removed one Aussie server selection choice. There is oversight in the minimum selections required forcing us to play high latency games all the time. There are still hours where Aussies can match each other just fine, we are not able to select just Australian servers anymore.

Interestingly if such oversights were not present we’d actually gain players rather than lose them. It’s been too long and people don’t come back or post here about the support for it. Hopefully 343 don’t make the same oversight with Infinite and crossplay/free to play really deliver more Aussie population so we can enjoy low latency Halo games.

Add the missing Aussie server and while they’re at it a Kiwi one would be nice too.

> 2535434735240540;6:
> Add the missing Aussie server and while they’re at it a Kiwi one would be nice too.

I don’t think New Zealand North for Azure has opened as yet. Hopefully you get that as a server selection when that Azure datacentre is online soon.

I feel for you guys, that is quite the dilemma.

I remember I was upset when they took north Central offline(closest server to me) for a bit, can’t imagine dealing with that. I really hope things improve for you guys, the idea of allowing you to select just a single server sounds like a temporary improvement if they can change that soon.

> 2552039788861758;7:
> > 2535434735240540;6:
> > Add the missing Aussie server and while they’re at it a Kiwi one would be nice too.
>
> I don’t think New Zealand North for Azure has opened as yet. Hopefully you get that as a server selection when that Azure datacentre is online soon.

Oh they actually are making a Kiwi server?! Awesome. Was saying that as just wishful thinking. That’s good for Kiwis and Aussies then.

Do you know if there’s like a discord or something for Aus/NZ Halo players?

I think it would be better if they replace the requirement with a warning, when you leave it says “This selection may negatively impact your experience”.

> 2535434735240540;9:
> > 2552039788861758;7:
> > > 2535434735240540;6:
> > > Add the missing Aussie server and while they’re at it a Kiwi one would be nice too.
> >
> > I don’t think New Zealand North for Azure has opened as yet. Hopefully you get that as a server selection when that Azure datacentre is online soon.
>
> Oh they actually are making a Kiwi server?! Awesome. Was saying that as just wishful thinking. That’s good for Kiwis and Aussies then.
>
> Do you know if there’s like a discord or something for Aus/NZ Halo players?

Yes, Microsoft Azure cloud is adding a Kiwi datacentre soon. Whether 343 switch that on in game as a server selection and allow just NZ I don’t know mate.