SERVER REGIONS INVALID

Whenever I open the game, it give me a notification saying the title of this topic, as well as…
“Your selected Server Regions do not meet the minimum selection requirement. You must update your selection before matchmaking. You can go to the Server Region selection menu or restore defaults and select all regions.”
And it gives me the choice of going to the Server Region menu or restoring the defaults.
But here’s the problem, no matter what I do, it still gives me this message, and because of it, I can’t connect to online matches.
PLEASE help me, I’ve haven’t been able to connect to matches for almost 3 weeks because of it.
Any help whatsoever would be EXTREMELY appreciated, I’ve been completely discouraged to even play the Single-player.

EDIT: I FORGOT THAT I MADE THIS POST. I’M NO LONGER HAVING THE PROBLEM SINCE I’VE SWITCHED INTERNET PROVIDER. I APOLOGISE FOR NOT UPDATING THIS SOONER. SINCERELY - A -Yoink-.

I’m having the same issue. When I try to change the regions as the error requests, I’m taken to MCC’s network settings, and where there should be a list of region servers, there’s just a heading for “Region” and “Ping”. No list!

> 2535469744031578;1:
> Whenever i open the game, it give me a notification saying the title of this topic, as well as…
> “Your selected Server Regions do not meet the minimum selection requirement. You must update your selection before matchmaking. You can go to the Server Region selection menu or restore defaults and select all regions.”
> And it gives me the choice of going to the Server Region menu or restoring the defaults.
> But here’s the problem, no matter what i do, it still gives me this message, and because of it, I can’t connect to online matches.
> PLEASE help me, I’ve haven’t been able to connect to matches for almost 3 weeks because of it.
> Any help whatsoever would be EXTREMELY appreciated, I’ve been completely discouraged to even play the Single-player.

i’ve been having a similar issue but i get the list. i still get this problem even though i selected NINE of the 15 available regions. unfortunately, they won’t fix it until “everyone” has this issue. not everyone wants to play on a laggy US server if they live in a country that is on the other side of the planet. (and yes, this is a problem that more than a couple of people are having. in fact there are many people that DON’T live in America.) there shouldn’t be a “minimum requirement” for selections. to reiterate what i’m trying to say, i have tried selecting every server that is not in the US and it still comes up with this message unfortunately. 343i are basically saying “select at least ONE or TWO US servers, then you may play with other people. otherwise, uninstall the game and play other games that you’re less interested in” and for the over-sensitive mods, i am NOT attacking anyone, i am only conveying my frustration that game devs can’t even do a REGION SELECTION properly. just like anyone else would. but then, no one else lives anywhere except the US so i guess i’m just living on a different planet. anyway, only 343i can fix this mess but they won’t because money.

I’m just trying to play single player campaign on Halo 3 and I’m getting this issue…

I’ve been getting this message since last night. I’ve already been removed from three games because of an “invalid server.” Totally confused.

I get this message everytime I launch the game though it seems to have no affect I press change server region button and it brings me to the settings page and I exit to the main menu then proceed to matchmaking after it connects to the server

Seriously??? Not one staff here to recognise this blatantly piss poor issue? Would love to knock out some legendary online coop, but nah. Why would the devs give a -Yoink- about that right?

This has literally just happened to me this morning and been trying to find a way around this. Have read on reddit that will be a possible update soon as its a global problem though not sure if it’s true or when it will happen. For such a big company with Microsoft, surprised things like this still happen. Not impressed - If anyone has any other information please chuck us an update.

I have literally just found this: https://www.getdroidtips.com/solve-contacting-sever-prompt-halo-mcc/ Might work but worth a go.

Found some more by digging a little: not sure how many people play this game still but was still popular before the Invalid region message kicked in. It is a known issue to 343 so re: to what I mentioned above it could be possible for when ever the next update comes out. Known issues below;

I am now getting this issue i can’t even play online now after the recent update it keeps saying server region invalid, literally unplayable now.

Why hasn’t anyone written about a fix for this? I having the same issue; I changed what servers I wanted to use but now I cannot go back to defaults.

Playing Halo 3 team Slayer on PC gamepass and I used to be able to select just Northern Europe as I dont want to lose due to US lag and it worked fine as recently as last week but this week it is saying too few servers selected, are they trying to shut down all but the US servers like what happened with Gears 4? Ping is important with game like halo. Also the network window no longer shows the ping in each area, it just says ‘Unavailable’ which looks like a bug.

Got the same issue here… it was fine around 6 hours ago, the wife gone to bed so I thought I’d have a few games of Halo… but now I’m forced to connect to US servers… I only select North/West Europe for best performance, but it’s bugged now and I can’t change it without receiving the error message, Also… the controls become unresponsive after so many attempts to deselect servers.

Edit** I have tried hard resetting my Xbox Series X and my internet connection for more than 2 minutes.

2nd edit*** I HAVE FOUND A FIX!
So it’s the most ridiculous fix but if you deselect it and press B immediately after… (I’m talking 0.1 of a milliseconds) it works. DONT FORGET TO SAVE CHANGES!

I just stumbled across this issue and Google led me here.

I’ve been reliving my youth playing through the series campaigns chronologically - never multiplayer. Not long started Reach and was having this issue on series X and it wouldn’t even take me to the main menu.

Just in case anyone finds the same as me, the fix was to press the Xbox home button so the side menu pops out, highlight the game, press the menu button (3 lines) then select ‘Quit Game’. Opening the game after that worked as normal.

This also sorted the ‘black screen’ issue when opening Master Chief Collection previously

Cheers