server disconnect +ban hammer

I got a server disconnect four times and I got the ban hammer. It there a way the your servers can detect weather its and manual drop or server drop?

The list includes “quitting matches, betrayals or team killing, idling, intentional suicides [and] excessive disconnects”. Repeatedly engaging in any of the above is enough to earn a ban and be prevented from the matchmaking arena. Additionally, the length of the ban is dependent on the misbehavior, “so continually killing your teammates to steal the Sniper Rifle will quickly lead to long timeouts from matchmade play,” the team wrote.

evidently the excessive disconnects is 2

> 2533274796567518;3:
> evidently the excessive disconnects is 2

that is a little ridiculous that you can be banned because your xbox can’t find the server. i noticed at night time i have this happening the most. i would be pissed if i was banned because the server disconnected

It was only for five minutes. But that’s not the point. I don’t quit games.

This ban system seems to be the trashiest of them all. Quite sad really.

> 2753093343636370;1:
> I got a server disconnect four times and I got the ban hammer. It there a way the your servers can detect weather its and manual drop or server drop?

Yes I noticed Halo 5 has been doing disconnects lately, it’s part of the reason I avoid playing H5 multiplayer if it starts acting up.

Many people are talking about the disconnects… except 343i

> 2533274809988140;4:
> > 2533274796567518;3:
> > evidently the excessive disconnects is 2
>
>
> that is a little ridiculous that you can be banned because your xbox can’t find the server. i noticed at night time i have this happening the most. i would be pissed if i was banned because the server disconnected

I have the same problem. Mostly at night time. And I am from Europe.

> 2753093343636370;1:
> I got a server disconnect four times and I got the ban hammer. It there a way the your servers can detect weather its and manual drop or server drop?

I’ve been kicked out of 11 games tonight. This is absurd.

Disconnected from server at the end of a game and got banned. What the heck is that crap, it’s not my fault your server is garbage. I am running over 40meg internet I know it’s not my connections fault. They should differentiate when it’s their poor servers and not someone just quitting. I feel everyone on this today. Had to sit here for 2 mins and I don’t think that should have been a thing at all. I will take this game back today if this keeps happening and get my money back. I hear Witcher just dropped a DLC

> 2535437431276995;11:
> Disconnected from server at the end of a game and got banned. What the heck is that crap, it’s not my fault your server is garbage. I am running over 40meg internet I know it’s not my connections fault. They should differentiate when it’s their poor servers and not someone just quitting. I feel everyone on this today. Had to sit here for 2 mins and I don’t think that should have been a thing at all. I will take this game back today if this keeps happening and get my money back. I hear Witcher just dropped a DLC

It is even worst then that, I finished a swat game it gets to the ending where your team walks up as a group. I swapped over to my friend list to see what my buddy is doing, swap back and viola BANHAMMER. So um yea don’t want to do arena anymore.

Keep getting server disconnects. Going to ban halo 5 in my house if I keep getting the ban hammer. Disconnects after most games at night. Only time I can play without kids needing something. Going back to COD soon.

Just got banned…ok yesterday i idled for a game or 2 …played 3 games and never once idled…5 hours little excessive…i have 2 kids and need to help them get ready for school…if i get banned 1 more time for idle i will b telling everyone not to buy this game…pay 60 for game to get …not to not b able to play…im 33 and have things to take care of over this game…

They really need to fix this.

> 2533274911609291;14:
> Just got banned…ok yesterday i idled for a game or 2 …played 3 games and never once idled…5 hours little excessive…i have 2 kids and need to help them get ready for school…if i get banned 1 more time for idle i will b telling everyone not to buy this game…pay 60 for game to get …not to not b able to play…im 33 and have things to take care of over this game…

Quit at the end of the match so you don’t idle. Don’t start a match when you have to get your kids ready. Not that complicated.

I quit 2 games this morning for being down a player in each match (after they quit/disconnected) and got banned for 24 hours. Thats half my weekend. Is that a bit excessive?

I got better. My second game of holiday doubles I got a whole ememy team quit. Got my win pack… But banned from all mp for an hour without quiting.

I have been dealing with disconnects and bans since launch. It could be bad internet on my end but I honestly don’t know. Either way, I got banned for three days and ended up just putting away my xbox, which is a shame because I love the Halo 5 multiplayer (best gameplay mechanics of any Halo game imo). This is a great game when you actually play it.

> 2535411935286844;17:
> I quit 2 games this morning for being down a player in each match (after they quit/disconnected) and got banned for 24 hours. Thats half my weekend. Is that a bit excessive?

I think 24 hours is excessive, but honestly, if you don’t want the banhammer, don’t quit games. Looking through your history, you are averaging a DNF of around 17% of games played.