Server Browser in Halo 4??

Now that we know that join in progress is here, a server browser would be a great addition.

Server browsers allow you to choose specific named servers. This would theoretically also support custom game searching.

They are done by filters, e.g. play list, game mode, map, settings, etc.

Advantages:
*A good server browser would show detailed information about the game, how far it is, this is especially helpful if you don’t want to join a game that is already lost of halfway.
*Better selection
*Custom Game Searching?
*Quick matchmaking
*MORE CHOICE

If you hate one map, choose another. If you like MLG, choose a game of the Pit, MLG 3.4 settings, matchmaking lobby, and join quickly.

BF3 did it, it is the best addition for the menu. I join games very quickly, I can play what I want, it makes the game more enjoyable.

BF3 ADDED BUY YOUR OWN DEDICATED SERVERS. CUSTOM GAME SEARCHING. People are buying servers, and then playing what they want. Choosing the maps, the game mode, the settings, etc.

Wouldn’t you want this? To join a guy’s server to play Speed Halo, or something like that?

Clan battles, random fun.

YOU MUST SUPPORT A SERVER BROWSER. I SEE NO REASON WHY NOT.

In BF3,I joined a 1750 ticket game on Metro, Conquest. With Halo’s large amount of customization options, this can only get better.

Don’t tell me what I must do. I can choose to be irrational if I want.

Seriously, I have always thought this to be a fantastic idea, and coupled with a real map creator, would make Halo 4 worth remembering.

> Don’t tell me what I must do. I can choose to be irrational if I want.
>
> Seriously, I have always thought this to be a fantastic idea, and coupled with a real map creator, would make Halo 4 worth remembering.

Agreed, and I bet Microsoft and 343i would make some extra cash if they did what Dice did with Battle Field 3, Rent-a-servers are an awesome idea, and it is very popular for the Halo PC and Halo Custom Edition communities, there are/was some “rent/buy” a Dedi Server, and they are awesome. Hell, I know my friends would jump on the chance to rent a server for a day or so.

> > Don’t tell me what I must do. I can choose to be irrational if I want.
> >
> > Seriously, I have always thought this to be a fantastic idea, and coupled with a real map creator, would make Halo 4 worth remembering.
>
> Agreed, and I bet Microsoft and 343i would make some extra cash if they did what Dice did with Battle Field 3, Rent-a-servers are an awesome idea, and it is very popular for the Halo PC and Halo Custom Edition communities, there are/was some “rent/buy” a Dedi Server, and they are awesome. Hell, I know my friends would jump on the chance to rent a server for a day or so.

I agree, we the consumer are happy, MS makes more money, everyone wins!

I think we need a little more info about instant respawn…

Is it universal?

Is it exclusive to certain playlists?

A browser would be awesome regardless though :smiley: