Seriously what is wrong with the prog system?

Explain

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

umm nothing

mod can u lock this useless thread…

Nothing is wrong with it, I think it is laid out VERY well. However people are complaining because there is no physical ranks like we are used to… however this is just the progression system… they didn’t speak of the ranking system yet. I highly doubt the prog and ranking are the same thing, but I could be wrong.

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I want to debate the subject.
Other threads are making it hard to get my point across.

Mod edit his useless post.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Nothing at all. MLG morons are just butthurt about the lack of a ranking system. Which for all we know, hasn’t even been -Yoinking!- revealed yet.

I wish they would just shut up.

>

Thing is, it’s practically the same as Halo 3, just you can get some xp for losing aswell just not as much.

I guess because there is no 1-50 visible, so all the self proclaimed pros can’t show off their e--Yoink!- and brag about it.

Personally, I’m completely fine with how it is. It looks like a mixture between a more traditional ranking system and Reach’ system, expanded and improved in every way. Complete with unlockables and such. There really is nothing wrong with it.

> I guess because there is no 1-50 visible, so all the self proclaimed pros can’t show off their <mark>e--Yoink!-</mark> and brag about it.
>
> Personally, I’m completely fine with how it is. It looks like a mixture between a more traditional ranking system and Reach’ system, expanded and improved in every way. Complete with unlockables and such. There really is nothing wrong with it.

Why didn’t I think of that? Haha

It’s so true. Agreed. It looks great. The wait just got a little longer.

>

Not cool… The OP has a legitimate question that I actually want to read about if folks are interested… So please don’t pre-judge. If you are not interested in this topic, there are more threads for you to meaningfully participate in.

-You unlock weapons for it.
-You unlock perks for it.
-You unlock Armor Abilities for it.
-It is not based on skill, it is based on how hard you can no-life it.
-You get credits for losing.
-You can pay for double XP, getting even more of a reward for no-lifing it.
-Pay2Win.

> > Nothing at all. MLG morons are just butthurt about the lack of a ranking system. Which for all we know, hasn’t even been -Yoinking!- revealed yet.
> >
> > I wish they would just shut up.
>
> Thing is, it’s practically the same as Halo 3, just you can get some xp for losing aswell just not as much.

Wrong! I don’t unlock better weapons and perks in Halo 3. It is absolutely, 100% different.

> -You unlock weapons for it.
> -You unlock perks for it.
> -You unlock Armor Abilities for it.
> -It is not based on skill, it is based on how hard you can no-life it.
> -You get credits for losing.
> -You can pay for double XP, getting even more of a reward for no-lifing it.
> -Pay2Win.

MLG players want to show off their skill via their rank. Why not show off skill in your in game performance? I understand that the Halo 3 1-50 was a reflection of in game performance, but actions speak louder than a few pixels. Also there’s still K/D and W/L ratio’s, there are MANY tools for skill based bragging rights, i don’t understand why we need even more.

> > -You unlock weapons for it.
> > -You unlock perks for it.
> > -You unlock Armor Abilities for it.
> > -It is not based on skill, it is based on how hard you can no-life it.
> > -You get credits for losing.
> > -You can pay for double XP, getting even more of a reward for no-lifing it.
> > -Pay2Win.
>
> MLG players want to show off their skill via their rank. Why not show off skill in your in game performance? I understand that the Halo 3 1-50 was a reflection of in game performance, but actions speak louder than a few pixels. Also there’s still K/D and W/L ratio’s, there are MANY tools for skill based bragging rights, i don’t understand why we need even more.

Because matching players based on skill, instead of the poor excuse of what Reach called “matchmaking.” Although I don’t remember saying a word about the skill-based ranking system, just why the progression system is idiotic.

Those “pixels” represent your actions. They are words that describe your actions.

> > > -You unlock weapons for it.
> > > -You unlock perks for it.
> > > -You unlock Armor Abilities for it.
> > > -It is not based on skill, it is based on how hard you can no-life it.
> > > -You get credits for losing.
> > > -You can pay for double XP, getting even more of a reward for no-lifing it.
> > > -Pay2Win.
> >
> > MLG players want to show off their skill via their rank. Why not show off skill in your in game performance? I understand that the Halo 3 1-50 was a reflection of in game performance, but actions speak louder than a few pixels. Also there’s still K/D and W/L ratio’s, there are MANY tools for skill based bragging rights, i don’t understand why we need even more.
>
> Because matching players based on skill, instead of the poor excuse of what Reach called “matchmaking.” Although I don’t remember saying a word about the skill-based ranking system, just why the progression system is idiotic.

If i’m dedicating my time into something, I want to get rewarded for it.
Progression system does that, 1-50 does not.

Also Halo 4 has a trueskill system, Frankie even said this

> > > -You unlock weapons for it.
> > > -You unlock perks for it.
> > > -You unlock Armor Abilities for it.
> > > -It is not based on skill, it is based on how hard you can no-life it.
> > > -You get credits for losing.
> > > -You can pay for double XP, getting even more of a reward for no-lifing it.
> > > -Pay2Win.
> >
> > MLG players want to show off their skill via their rank. Why not show off skill in your in game performance? I understand that the Halo 3 1-50 was a reflection of in game performance, but actions speak louder than a few pixels. Also there’s still K/D and W/L ratio’s, there are MANY tools for skill based bragging rights, i don’t understand why we need even more.
>
> Because matching players based on skill, instead of the poor excuse of what Reach called “matchmaking.” Although I don’t remember saying a word about the skill-based ranking system, just why the progression system is idiotic.
>
> <mark>Those “pixels” represent your actions. They are words that describe your actions.</mark>

Actions speak louder than words.
I could be rank 1 and still beat a rank 50 in a 1v1.

It reflects how long you’ve been playing the game, and ultimately gauges nothing. It’s purely cosmetic and only in place to fool players into thinking they’ve accomplished something.

> If i’m dedicating my time into something, I want to get rewarded for it.

You shouldn’t be rewarded better things simply for playing more.

> Progression system does that, 1-50 does not.

So? Why should you get better weapons simply for playing more? I want a skill-based visible ranking system. Why does your want go above mine?

> Also Halo 4 has a trueskill system, Frankie even said this

We have had 0 details on it, while we get an entire article dedicated on telling you how to buy weapons.

> Actions speak louder than words.
> I could be rank 1 and still beat a rank 50 in a 1v1.

Nope. Unless you are on a new account/playing against a booster, that will not happen.

> It reflects how long you’ve been playing the game, and ultimately gauges nothing. It’s purely cosmetic and only in place to fool players into thinking they’ve accomplished something.

It does do things. You unlock better perks, weapons, and Armor Abilities for nothing more than putting a lot of time in the game.

> > umm nothing
> >
> > mod can u lock this useless thread…
>
> I want to debate the subject.
> Other threads are making it hard to get my point across.
>
> Mod edit his useless post.

You could have been a bit more descriptive of what exactly you want to debate in your original post. I’ll leave this post open for now as long as the flaming doesn’t take over.

Keep it clean, yo!

> > > umm nothing
> > >
> > > mod can u lock this useless thread…
> >
> > I want to debate the subject.
> > Other threads are making it hard to get my point across.
> >
> > Mod edit his useless post.
>
> You could have been a bit more descriptive of what exactly you want to debate in your original post. I’ll leave this post open for now as long as the flaming doesn’t take over.
>
> Keep it clean, yo!

People who are up to date will 100% understand the debate going on here.