Seriously people, What is so wrong about H4?

There is nothing significantly wrong with Halo 4. Leave it alone, it’s fine. 343i’s style and set-up for multiplayer can easily contend with Halo: Reach’s online experience and shatters Halo 3’s multiplayer format. Although it does not compete with Halo 2, well, nothing does.

I am most likely going to get negative responses to my thoughts, but I will definitely feel better after expressing what I think about everyone who is upset with something they were pumped and praising a month ago.

Seriously guys, 343i could not have done a better job. Imagine creating your very first game while pleasing the expectations of millions upon millions of people who all have different views and opinions, by making a unique game that is different from the previous holder and developer, while continuing a decades worth of history-changing gameplay under a very strict and demanding company (Microsoft). Wouldnt that be difficult, let alone impossible? Return the game and get store credit for Black Ops II if you hate it that much. Respect the people who spent years creating a game for you.

Sure there are problems with the game, but I look beyond that. Knowing that if they change that problem, there will be more problems that follow. For example. “Take away the DMR.” If they take away the DMR, how many more people will complain more.

There is a path that every major game tends to follow. First couple of weeks, almost everyone LOVES the game. After a month, almost everyone hates it. This happened in MW3 as well.

I thank you 343i for making an incredible and well balanced game. I cannot wait for your version of Halo 5. Applaud

Were you paid to write this?

The storm is coming.

> There is nothing significantly wrong with Halo 4. Leave it alone, it’s fine. 343i’s style and set-up for multiplayer can easily contend with Halo: Reach’s online experience and shatters Halo 3’s multiplayer format. Although it does not compete with Halo 2, well, nothing does.
>
> I am most likely going to get negative responses to my thoughts, but I will definitely feel better after expressing what I think about everyone who is upset with something they were pumped and praising a month ago.
>
> Seriously guys, 343i could not have done a better job. Imagine creating your very first game while pleasing the expectations of millions upon millions of people who all have different views and opinions, by making a unique game that is different from the previous holder and developer, while continuing a decades worth of history-changing gameplay under a very strict and demanding company (Microsoft). Wouldnt that be difficult, let alone impossible? Return the game and get store credit for Black Ops II if you hate it that much. Respect the people who spent years creating a game for you.
>
> Sure there are problems with the game, but I look beyond that, know that if they change that problem, there will be more problems that follow. For example. “Take away the DMR.” If they take away the DMR, how many more people will complain more.
>
> There is a path that every major game tends to follow. First couple of weeks, almost everyone LOVES the game. After a month, almost everyone hates it. This happened in MW3 as well.
>
> I thank you 343i for making an incredible and well balanced game. I cannot wait for your version of Halo 5. Applaud

It wasn’t their first game but I understand.

343I honestly isn’t doing a bad job for their first game ever, people are just ungrateful and expected which is the issue.

I think halo 4 is just a test Halo 5 will be the “real” game in terms of SP and MP.

-1 Flamebait.

Yes, it is very sad how all this people is

> 343i could not have done a better job.

Really? What about broken file sharing, no Campaign/Spartan Ops support in Theater and the plethora of missing custom game options?

I’m calling flamebait as well.

Halo 4 looks lovely on the outside. It really does. It has a ridiculous level of polish on it. That’s very nice. But what is underneath is troubling. The first week I had this game I was thrilled. But then I actually started delving deep into all the features and seeing the intricacies of the game, and the amount of broken features, missing features, bad added features, and general bugs/glitches really upset me. I am a longtime Halo fan who has never owned a Halo console game. I got into the game through Halo: CE for Mac, and I’ve played Halo 2, 3, and Reach at friends’ houses quite a bit, so I decided to purchase my first Xbox ever: the Halo 4 Limited Edition console.

It has a wonderful cover. You just can’t judge a book by its cover.

Honestly they cracked to many eggs to try to make a omelet, and forgot some shells. All in all they went a different direction. Too many ideas not tested. I miss the most having a reason to play, ranks weapon and map control understanding etc.

> > 343i could not have done a better job.
>
> Really? What about broken file sharing, no Campaign/Spartan Ops support in Theater and the plethora of missing custom game options?
>
> I’m calling flamebait as well.

And is that seriously something to be upset about? Like really this is their first game and they have done incredibility well. The only fault is people expecting the game to be every level of perfect. Little things like the file share being down isn’t something to rage on the forums about.

> There is nothing significantly wrong with Halo 4. Leave it alone, it’s fine. 343i’s style and set-up for multiplayer can easily contend with Halo: Reach’s online experience and shatters Halo 3’s multiplayer format.

I don’t understand “but not Halo 2”, when Halo 3 and Halo 2 have basically the same format.

Anyways, there are plenty of significant complaints. Such as how imitative and uncompetitive multiplayer is.

> 343I honestly isn’t doing a bad job for their first game ever, people are just ungrateful and expected which is the issue.
>
> I think halo 4 is just a test Halo 5 will be the “real” game in terms of SP and MP.

It’s not their first game, we expected Halo 4 not Reach 2, we didn’t want to pay $65 for a test.

> > 343I honestly isn’t doing a bad job for their first game ever, people are just ungrateful and expected which is the issue.
> >
> > I think halo 4 is just a test Halo 5 will be the “real” game in terms of SP and MP.
>
> It’s not their first game, we expected Halo 4 not Reach 2, we didn’t want to pay $65 for a test.

uhh, what game did they make before halo 4? i am pretty sure it is their first game since like they and everybody else state it is.

Unless you are trying to say in seriousness that the CE update they did counts as “their game” even though another company did most of it?

> > > 343i could not have done a better job.
> >
> > Really? What about broken file sharing, no Campaign/Spartan Ops support in Theater and the plethora of missing custom game options?
> >
> > I’m calling flamebait as well.
>
> And is that seriously something to be upset about? Like really this is their first game and they have done incredibility well. The only fault is people expecting the game to be every level of perfect. Little things like the file share being down isn’t something to rage on the forums about.

Yes it is. File sharing has been a staple of these games since 2007. 343 is a team of professionals who’s sole responsibility is to continue Halo and maintain the bar of product and service quality that Bungie provided.

Halo 4 being their first game is no excuse. These people have worked on other titles before.

Stop defending them and excusing each mistake they made and acknowledge that they could have done better.

• AAs
  • Sprint
  • Killstreaks (ordinances)
  • Custom classes
  • Random power weapon spawns
  • No zoom out when shot, only mild flinch
  • DMR overshadowing every other weapon
  • Can cap CTF flag even if yours is away
  • Can’t drop flag in CTF
  • No objective gametypes in BTB

That’s barely scratching the surface.

> > > > 343i could not have done a better job.
> > >
> > > Really? What about broken file sharing, no Campaign/Spartan Ops support in Theater and the plethora of missing custom game options?
> > >
> > > I’m calling flamebait as well.
> >
> > And is that seriously something to be upset about? Like really this is their first game and they have done incredibility well. The only fault is people expecting the game to be every level of perfect. Little things like the file share being down isn’t something to rage on the forums about.
>
> Yes it is. File sharing has been a staple of these games since 2007. 343 is a team of professionals who’s sole responsibility is to continue Halo and maintain the bar of product and service quality that Bungie provided.
>
> Halo 4 being their first game is no excuse. These people have worked on other titles before.
>
> Stop defending them and excusing each mistake they made and acknowledge that they could have done better.

It seriously isn’t that big of a deal and you sound extremely childish. How about you walk up to their office and fix it for them? We would all like that.

Campaign was phenomal ( only a hand full of people dissagree with this because of the ending) MM is really good (More variety and non rotating playlists would make it great)

What is driving the community away is lack of customs and filebrowser, And most issues can be fixed with the filebrowser bieng functional, but heres the kicker, alot of people are already at 130, The only thing to do until filebrowser gets pushed through is MM, here lies the problem, theres only so much matchmaking you can do before you throw your hands up and turn off the xbox.

I am getting used to forge but the lack of precision editing drove away alot of great forges.

The game itself is fine but broken fileshare and lack of customs is decreasing the population, halo 4 COULD be great but they took WAY to long to get to filebrowser (which is STILL unoperable)

whether you like or dislike halo 4 is not the issue, The lack of these features is PROOF along with stastics that show 70 % drop off in the second month…IE nobody wants to play anymore…enough said…your topic is now irrellevent

> Were you paid to write this?

Well maybe because most of these people played since the start like i did and want to play Old Halo and can’t learn to adapt because everything changes and you can’t change it. They just whine about and they by whining something will happen instead of making a proper thread or A adult petittion (SP/ERROR) I am 17 and most of these people are like 20-35. If you don’t like it you don’t have to play it play the other games with friends because everything changes. The world Humans and the Universe. Halo is a big universe and it can all fit in some games and that’s why there is change and every game will soon change for the next Gen. So yeah not much people can do. Halo 4 was the best and i played every single game Halo-3 ODST/Wars/Reach Remake of CE all on Legendary and every game Had changes Dual wield/ High-jack/ Using more weapons using new Nades/Forge/ New Forge items/ FireFight/ AA/ Using covenant tech/ Elites/ Theater/MM/ MM Co-op/ FF Co-op/ Default Sprint/ Modifying Armor for Spartans at First then Elites/ New Enemies/ Easter Eggs/ Terminals/
Nuff said more changes will come message me on live if you want to whine moar
-Spartan 044